An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How to make Unit Frames like these?

Curious what mod is used to make such unitframes as these:

06-09-09, 06:38 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

I am not exactly sure what mod was used to create those UFs, however likely suspects include: Pitbull (3 or 4), ag_UnitFrames, oUF, or Stuf. The cast bar layered over top the player frame could be the UF's cast bar or or more likely Quartz or AzCastBar.
06-09-09, 06:42 AM   #3
Kupotek
An Aku'mai Servant

You just named all 4 major unit frame addons there are which sadly isn't helpful lol.
I know you tried but that's really no help.

The castbar overlay is the easy part, so I know many ways to do that which is why I didn't ask about the castbar,

thanks for replying though, really. Just hoping for more specific replies.
06-09-09, 06:49 AM   #4
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by Kupotek View Post
You just named all 4 major unit frame addons there are which sadly isn't helpful lol.
I know you tried but that's really no help.

The castbar overlay is the easy part, so I know many ways to do that which is why I didn't ask about the castbar,

thanks for replying though, really. Just hoping for more specific replies.
I can't be more helpful without knowing which UF mod that screenshot uses. However all of those UF mods can create that layout. ag_UnitFrame with agUF_Pimpster or STUF would be the most user friendly. PitBull 3 can easily do all the advance text formating with DogTags however there is a huge number of frames to play with. Pitbull4 can do similar as PB3 however its still in the Alpha stage and is not quite ready for prime time. oUF is the most efficent CPU and memory wise of the bunch however unless you use a layout like oUF_Niyvava, you will be doing all the layout work in Lua. To be quite honest, that UF layout is not very complicated, however in the case of this SS, I would lean toward Pitbull 3 or 4 as the UF mod used here. The font and texture would be contained in SharedMedia. The font is something added by the user, its a pixel font of some kind of which can be found on DaFont.com. The texture is "Glaze" which is included with SharedMedia.
06-09-09, 06:52 AM   #5
Kupotek
An Aku'mai Servant

I spent hours trying to create that with Pitbull 4 and just couldn't do it.

The health bar is standalone and if you hide the power bar the health becomes stretched out and doesn't look right, so creating an individuated health bar completely unconnected to the power bar was beyond me.

Placing the text and auras was easy, just couldn't figure out those and the bordering as such.

Thanks foir the info on the texture though and your replies.
06-09-09, 07:02 AM   #6
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

OK the borders are likely panels created by kgPanels or eePanels2 that are parented/anchored to the UnitFrames. I did this myself when I used to use PitBull (I use oUF with a custom layout now). The border texture is Zork (or Roth, its the same border as Roth/Zork are the creator of that border). I think or a modified Default border (all my "default" borders of this type that I have used a texture file in my Interface folder to override the default border. The Zork/Roth border is included with SharedMedia by default. Which ever border it is, it has been recolored by the panel mod.

Regarding the Health Frame stretching out when you hide the Power Bar. I had some issues like that when I was creating PB layouts. It took a combination of resizing the Healbar (to something like 2 or 3) and resizing the frame itself (usually 25 to 30) to make it look right with the given texture. You just have to keep beating away until it looks right. Creating PB layouts takes quite a bit of time until you get "just right". In other words, don't try this on Raid Night unless you want a pissed off Raid Leader!

Last edited by Zyonin : 06-09-09 at 07:08 AM.
06-09-09, 07:10 AM   #7
Kupotek
An Aku'mai Servant

Where can I get Zork texture? Any idea?
06-09-09, 07:14 AM   #8
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Where can I get Zork texture? Any idea?
Read my previous post or just read the quoted bit:
Originally Posted by Lykofos View Post
The Zork/Roth border is included with SharedMedia by default.

Chances are that you already have SharedMedia, if not, head on over to WoWAce or Curse and look for it there.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...aredmedia.aspx
06-09-09, 07:19 AM   #9
Kupotek
An Aku'mai Servant

The only border that comes with Sharedmedia is Roth, which seems really light compared to zork or is that an effect doable with Roth, I guess.

I dunno man this is driving me insane.

I just don't see how you get from point A to Z with unitframes.

I still have no idea how you seperate health into it's own frame and power into a different one :/
06-09-09, 07:29 AM   #10
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

The only border that comes with Sharedmedia is Roth, which seems really light compared to zork or is that an effect doable with Roth, I guess.

I dunno man this is driving me insane.

I just don't see how you get from point A to Z with unitframes.

I still have no idea how you seperate health into it's own frame and power into a different one :/
Roth/Zork is the same thing. Or you can try the border I use. Just unzip and drop into your Interface folder. CAUTION: It will override your Tooltip borders including any UI panel that uses the default Tooltip border, unless you use a custom one via SharedMedia.

In the case of the power bar, it could be the same frame but using the Blank Space element between the two sections. I don't know how the SS poster has done that. Where did you find that SS?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tooltip.zip (1.1 KB, 543 views)

Last edited by Zyonin : 06-09-09 at 07:35 AM.
06-09-09, 07:30 AM   #11
Kupotek
An Aku'mai Servant

I already use Roth but I cant make it look the way those screenshots look at all, nor seperate the health and power into their own bars, :
06-09-09, 07:36 AM   #12
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

I already use Roth but I cant make it look the way those screenshots look at all, nor seperate the health and power into their own bars, :
Try the border that I attached. Its the same border as that SS however its a bit darker in the gray section. It's my own custom border and you do have permission to use it.
06-09-09, 07:37 AM   #13
Kupotek
An Aku'mai Servant

How would I add that file? I've not added blp files
06-09-09, 07:45 AM   #14
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

How would I add that file? I've not added blp files
Just drop the Tooltips folder into your Interface folder. It will override the default Tooltip border (the same default border used by Pitbull and other mods). .blp files are just like .tga as far as WoW is concerned, all Blizzard graphics and those that override via the Interface folder are .blp files.

I have replaced most of the default WoW graphics this way.
06-09-09, 07:55 AM   #15
Kupotek
An Aku'mai Servant

Right on thank you, now comes the hard part.

Any idea on how to seperate the health bar and the power bar the way it is in that screenshot?
06-09-09, 08:08 AM   #16
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Essentially you need to enable and use the blank space feature found in Pitbull. I have done this before with a vertical layout (to form a puesdo HUD), however it's been a long time since used that layout. I would have download and install PB to play a bit before I could get you that answer. However my daughter is waiting for me to take her to the library (she is six so she cannot solo it) so I need to go attend to that first.
06-09-09, 08:13 AM   #17
Kupotek
An Aku'mai Servant

What I've got so far

06-09-09, 09:06 AM   #18
septor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
You could always ask the person that made the UI how they created that look.
06-09-09, 12:04 PM   #19
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Lykofos View Post
Pitbull4 can do similar as PB3 however its still in the Alpha stage and is not quite ready for prime time.
A bit off-topic, but I had to respond: At this point in time, I would recommend a switch from PB3 to PB4 - it actually outperforms its predecessor now.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
06-15-09, 01:10 AM   #20
Shali
A Defias Bandit
Heyho!

Is there anything new yet? I'm interested in that UI as well
I played around with STUF last night and it looks quite like in the screenshot. Only thing I'm missing is the exact font.

The uf-border also doesn't look exactly like the original, but it's very close. I'll upload a screenshot, when I'm back home.

Nevertheless i'd like to know how to build the rest of the ui like the one on the screen. The Minimap is Squeenix, but what's the bottom style and clock, mail etc.?

Thanks

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » How to make Unit Frames like these?