09-01-07, 07:10 PM   #1
Kazztro
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation 2 Interfaces.. 2 Different People?

Hello everyone, my first post on this forum and I was wondering if there was a way to use MazzleUI without having it interfere with another character/player's settings.. See I would really love to use Mazzle but my brother also plays, we share an account and he really does NOT want to use it. Whenever I try to install Mazzle it also changes his interface setup meaning I have to get rid of it. Does anyone know how to use Mazzle without having it screw up other players setups? Please help!
09-01-07, 07:55 PM   #2
joive
A Theradrim Guardian

Talking 3 alternatives

1- He can just disable all of the add-ons before login (Character Screen after signing).

or

2- First you make a backUp of the"Interface" folder from C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft (usually the default location) then you can make a backUp of the "Interface" folder (from the same location) for your playing with MazzleUI and, after you logOut, you can put the original folder back for your Brother to play.

or

3- Buy yourself an account or buy your Brother and account for L.O.T.R.O.

Sir James Dewar
09-01-07, 08:18 PM   #3
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'd suggest each of you having your own WTF and Interface folder. You can then rename them before you log in.

If you two play the same character, your buttons will be more problematic. You'll need to use something like SimpleActionsSets to switch button configurations.
09-02-07, 08:01 PM   #4
Morguean
An Aku'mai Servant
(edited, wrong topic, lawl)

You may just end up disabling all of mazzle, and such, renaming files and all

the real problem actually comes from even when disabling ALL of mazzle, some traces remain of its effect (chat windows resized and such)

but ya know?... just convince him he likes mazzle.
09-02-07, 08:04 PM   #5
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Morguean

the real problem actually comes from even when disabling ALL of mazzle, some traces remain of its effect (chat windows resized and such)

I wouldn't suggest using someone else's computer to play WoW. You really don't know what they do/ download on their computer, and you could get keylogged. Or if your computer had a virus/trojan/keylogger/whatever you could spread it to their computer.

My two cents on that.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
09-02-07, 09:13 PM   #6
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That's not true. All of that is stored in the WTF folder. If you renamed your WTF, Interface and Fonts folder, the only remnant that could possibly remain are the contents of your buttons, which are stored server-side.
09-02-07, 09:34 PM   #7
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
we share an account
Technically, that's against the EULA. Don't let Blizzard find out.
09-03-07, 12:54 AM   #8
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by guice
Technically, that's against the EULA. Don't let Blizzard find out.
Actually it would be in the ToS, not the EULA. And even then it is not explicitly restricted. The only mention would be that "You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Login Information, and you will be responsible for all uses of your Login Information, whether or not authorized by you." After that whatever happens is not Blizz problem anymore
09-03-07, 06:44 AM   #9
Morguean
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

That's not true. All of that is stored in the WTF folder. If you renamed your WTF, Interface and Fonts folder, the only remnant that could possibly remain are the contents of your buttons, which are stored server-side.

hmm, ok, well i havent really gone back to my old UI in some time, but I do know that just disabling mazzle (after a mazzify) will end up leaving some traces behind, or at least it has on my fast loading non mazzle (but post mazzified) bank alt

the trace in this case being that the chat tabs are set up the same way they would be in mazzle, but thats really the only thing ive found.
09-03-07, 07:54 AM   #10
Tylius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
hmm, ok, well i havent really gone back to my old UI in some time, but I do know that just disabling mazzle (after a mazzify) will end up leaving some traces behind, or at least it has on my fast loading non mazzle (but post mazzified) bank alt

the trace in this case being that the chat tabs are set up the same way they would be in mazzle, but thats really the only thing ive found.
That's because you're only disabling the addons for your banker
If you renamed the WTF folder there won't be that issue
09-03-07, 01:02 PM   #11
Pocalypse
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
A method I use which makes things easier is to just have two completely seperate WoW folders. Then have two shortcuts: WoW (your name) and WoW (his name). This way you dont have to rename anything each time you switch interfaces, but just run a different copy of WoW.

Of course, this takes up an extra 7gb or so of hard drive space, so only do this if you have some to spare. You also have to update each copy when a patch comes out, however you can just copy the .exe file from one folder to the other and run it again after it has downloaded once.
09-03-07, 02:43 PM   #12
Morguean
An Aku'mai Servant
always possible to install on seperate hard drives
09-03-07, 06:36 PM   #13
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
You could always set up the folders as specific to the windows login (IE different for everyone that logs into your computer) and never have to worry about it. There is instructions over at the windows site to do this kind of thing.
09-04-07, 03:44 AM   #14
Kazztro
A Defias Bandit
Okay thanks for all your help guys, ill try it out!
09-06-07, 02:46 AM   #15
ripdog
A Murloc Raider
You might be able to write a quick batch script to rename your interface and WTF folders, which you leave on your desktop and run whenever.

Does your brother use any addons at all?

EDIT: I don't run windows anymore, so i can't test this, but try writing this to a notepad file and saving it as a .bat file.

rem C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Interface C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Interface2
rem C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/WTF C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/WTF2

That script should remove all addons temporarily, use this to revert it.

rem C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Interface2 C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Interface
rem C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/WTF2 C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/WTF

Again, I CAN'T TEST THESE. That being said, theres not much chance of these causing any great problem.

Last edited by ripdog : 09-06-07 at 02:54 AM.
09-06-07, 06:32 AM   #16
Narelda
Off Topic

Premium Member
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
If you are in your Addon Window you have a pulldown menu for Configure Addons For:
In the pulldown menu you can choose your character and configure this.
And you can Configure the character of your brother by turning off all the addons.

Pretty Easy
GL

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » 2 Interfaces.. 2 Different People?