09-20-09, 10:09 PM   #1
dramorae
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Shared media

ok not sure if this is the place to post this but here it goes. im having an issue with shared media addons and the lib shared media and the blizz-shared media .... for the life of me i cant seem to be able to use any of the backgrounds for anything at all granted im not all to sure that what i want to use them for is even possible ...im trying anyway but failing epicly. i just want to know how they are supposed to work. im trying to add some backdrops around a few things in my ui ( mainly the aoe ground effect around the lunasphere main button would look cool ). i don't kno how to edit the addon all that much outside of deleting things i don't want. so plz if u have any advise or if u can send me somewhere that can help i would be great full.

btw who would have thought all this addon junk would be so ..... technical lol

as long as i'm still alive .........we have a chance....
09-20-09, 10:20 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
All the SharedMedia stuff does is add textures/fonts/etc. for *other* addons to have access to. If you want to use the textures as art in your UI, then you'll need an addon that can use the SharedMedia stuff that will give you the ability to create art in your UI. kgPanels would most likely be what you are looking for.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-21-09, 06:00 AM   #3
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Here's some video tutorials for you to get you through it:

kgPanels tutorials

Good luck

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Shared media