07-21-09, 02:39 PM   #1
Psychophan7
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Need someone to convert DogTags to LuaTexts

I'm trying to solidify my transition from PB3 to PB4 and I have a bunch of DogTags that I would like converted into LuaTexts, but I'm having trouble doing it on my own. The Lua used for the default texts doesn't make sense, and I don't know what the deal is with the events list at the bottom of the texts frame.

# Name OR <AFK> (player frame)
[AFK:Angle | Name:HostileColor]

# Class Info (player/party/raid frames)
[Level: DifficultyColor] [Class:Classcolor]
[Guild:Angle]

# Class Info (target frames)
[Level: DifficultyColor] [Race:ClassColor]

# Show health when not at full, name when full (pets of player/party/raid)
[IsMaxHP ? Name ! FractionalHP]

# Show status or health (player/party/raid frames)
[Status or FractionalHP]

# Color MP based on percent, percent MP (player frame)
[(~IsMaxMP ? ((MP < MaxMP * 0.2):Red | (MP < MaxMP * 0.5):Yellow | (MP > MaxMP * 0.5):White) " | ") PercentMP:Round:Percent]

# PvP timer (all frames)
[PvPDuration:FormatDuration:HostileColor]

Any help converting these tags into Lua will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Psychophan7 : 07-21-09 at 02:40 PM. Reason: crushing smilies with spaces
07-21-09, 03:09 PM   #2
Taryble
A Molten Giant

All of those tags have already been converted (or close to them) on this thread over at wowace.

The Events list at the bottom sets up what "events" your LuaText listens to. If you're doing an HP text, then you need to tell it to listen to the health-related events (this tells it that your HP changed). If you're doing a Power text, then you need to listen to all the Power events (mana, rage, energy, runicpower, etc) that your text is going to deal with.

Every time there's a change, WoW sends an "event" to your computer - this tells what changed, on whom, and how. So to deal with changing HP levels in combat, you need to listen to those events that have to deal with HP, etc, etc.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Need someone to convert DogTags to LuaTexts