03-01-07, 09:51 PM   #21
Revy
Premium Member

Premium Member
I think an alert via email or text message would be great.
03-02-07, 08:05 AM   #22
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Innomin8
* Mod Favorites (ie. Download a package of mods that you select)
* Mod Downloader/Updater

I'll think of more later I'm sure
I would have to second both of these requests.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
03-02-07, 11:07 AM   #23
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Since WoWI already has most features I want, it's hard to suggest stuff....

- select multiple addons for group download (shopping cart/batch idea)
- WoWAceUpdater program would be cool
- colored text for mods, featured artists, etc.
- more PM's, PM size, avatar size, and custom email

I'm not greedy... any pic of Cairenn would rock. It would be cool to see what our site goddess looks like.

Other than that... a feature request for all members:
- Seperate Beta sub-section (similar to Curse-gaming). I dont like creating a "new addon" for a beta; much better to have it listed as a Beta under the existing addon.

03-02-07, 11:13 AM   #24
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
I would have to second both of these requests.
Hmmm....
*gears churning inside head*

On another note, I do have to agree something like a "premium" title on the user would be a given.

EDIT: Hey I finally found a reason to post!
03-02-07, 11:42 AM   #25
garnerh42
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Separate, faster download pipes like FileFront and FilePlanet do.

Normally this site is super fast (at least for me), but on major patch days it can be slow. I'd definitely pay for faster and/or exclusive access on patch days.

Along the same lines it would be cool to offer direct download of the patch to premium members.

Thanks for providing such a great site to begin with!
03-02-07, 01:43 PM   #26
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

Patch days are a whole different issue in themselves... although this last one (which was the super huge killer one) went a lot better than most. I think they've got a few tricks up their sleeves to keep the site working smoothly for everyone now.
03-02-07, 03:52 PM   #27
CyberMonk
A Defias Bandit

* Allowing custom avatars only for premium (may upset current custom avatar users).
* Organization of My Favorites. Allow creation of groups with various checkbox options for batch downloads.
* Add Premium user flag for posts
* Perhaps some sorting or separate inbox for PM's from premium users allowing authors to give priority to them.
* Not sure what kind of affiliation this site has with Allakhazam.com, but maybe coordinate combo membership for both sites.
*** I really hope this one will work out and not cause any problems with the featured artists. I would like to see a compilation offered only to premium that selected featured artists work together on that can be branded as an official compilation of this site. The compilation will of course be given priority on bug fixes and updates when broken by Blizzard patches. In return, these artists can be provided with a free premium membership with some sort of uber title.

You should also consider including information about donations. Some people may not want to purchase a membership, but wouldn't mind donating. This is an awesome site after all!

Originally Posted by Tekkub
I noticed email suggestions, but not this specific one... When receiving update notifications for favs, allow prems to get the actual addon attached as a zip!
Good idea, but might put a strain on email servers. Some ISP's have limitations on file size attachments.

Last edited by CyberMonk : 03-02-07 at 03:59 PM.
03-02-07, 04:01 PM   #28
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

* Cair said they weren't going to take features away from non-paying members.
* I do kinda (slightly) miss my alla sub, but then again I've taken a great liking to Wowhead over alla lately.
* Donations... hrm... maybe some setup for donating to authors? Don't get me wrong, I love WoWI, but in the end we're the ones providing the content that keeps this site alive. Hell, I posted it to the Blizz forums somewhere, but how about adding a "lend a hand" section to the subscription page that would go to the most popular artists on the site. Or maybe let the user designate authors they'd like their donation to go to.
* Email servers my butt. 90% of addons are damn tiny (compilations not included). The ones that are big are the ones with lots and lots of textures in them *coughAtlascough* But if this is a premium service they are paying money that could help with the poor email server ^^
03-02-07, 04:41 PM   #29
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
I've seen some great ideas in this thread and want to thank all of you that have taken time to post them. Keep it coming! Please try not to comment on other peoples suggestions as it may discourage other people from posting.

We just want your ideas and what you would like to see for premium features. Some of the ideas may be used for the premium membership (added right away or down the road), others we may choose to code for every one, and some may not be possible. That is what we are going to decide as we compile all your ideas.
03-02-07, 05:14 PM   #30
CyberMonk
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Tekkub
... maybe some setup for donating to authors?
Good call. Sorry, I didn't take into consideration the time and effort of the artists. I was only thinking about possible costs this site might be incurring for providing the bandwidth. Since I'm not an artist, I'll let the artists and the powers that be of this site work out anything to do with the donations idea.
03-04-07, 04:51 PM   #31
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I am extremely pleased with the site, I don't find the ads obtrusive, downloads have always been fast for me. One idea I did see mentioned was a direct download on patch days! That's I would pay a preminum and truthfully I'd feel better about paying here then some other site/s!

I seriously wouldn't mind paying a small price to keep the site as good as it is now. The moderators, artists and other gamers make this site worth a fee to me. Not sure how much help that is, but its my two cents worth.

Bellator
03-05-07, 10:31 AM   #32
Housellama
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Cairenn
hahahahaha
I made the Op laugh.

*takes a victory lap*

-Housellama
03-14-07, 08:57 PM   #33
Mordikaiin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Hmm go Big and i mean REAL BIG! Hmm lets see Flash Chat would be nice, lets say with a Modders Area for Modders only and either Realm Specific or Faction Specific Rooms, Faction woudl be easier but get filled up fast, realm specific woudl make alot of rooms. Highly doubt this is something u were thinking of tho, shyt while your at it throw in Character Profiling better than the rest where you upload a pic of yourself and tell about yourself as well as upload character data with full html editable profiles (like Myspace).

For thos elong lonely nights when our servers go down!

OOH cams, cams = good nakie NELF dance FTW!

Last edited by Mordikaiin : 03-14-07 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Thaught of some more stuff
03-15-07, 05:27 AM   #34
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Forumspy ftw.
see macrumors and foh-guild
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
03-15-07, 07:33 AM   #35
makoda
A Defias Bandit
I wouldn't mind seeing something with the "My Favorites" section to allow a premium member to link between multiple xxxInterface sites. And it would be nice if the premium membership extended to all the different sites. As someone who's started looking at LotRO, and the UI stuff that could be going on there ... it would be nice to have an easy way to transition back and forth between the different sites and all.
03-15-07, 09:09 AM   #36
Ricowan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

This may not fall under the premium category, but I'd like to know how many times my mods have been downloaded through compilations rather than through the main download.

But hell, I'd pay just to have Cairenn flirt with me.
03-19-07, 11:24 AM   #37
Slipshadow
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
All premium members could have a chance to have their mod posted on the front page as a "mod of the day, or week" it would either be a news post, or a new top/side block. Giving additional exposure, some requirements would have to apply, like a certain # of downloads, certain rating, etc...

cheers!
03-26-07, 07:21 AM   #38
borbies
A Fallenroot Satyr

-The 'updater' would be amazing.

-Increased file size for avatars.
04-08-07, 10:41 PM   #39
Syzgyn
An Aku'mai Servant

I'd LOVE being able to pick which catagories of addons make it on to your own list of updated addons. Seeing half of them be compilations is annoying.
04-09-07, 03:20 PM   #40
tardmrr
Lua Ninja
Originally Posted by Syzgyn
I'd LOVE being able to pick which catagories of addons make it on to your own list of updated addons. Seeing half of them be compilations is annoying.
QFT

Same goes for forum threads on the front page.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Premium Membership