04-03-06, 06:37 AM   #41
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by duckilama
Thanks for the reply!
Are all the tags documented? I checked the download page and the discussion thread but didn't see them. Is this a case of RTFM?
Yes, they should all be documented in the readme.txt file that I've included starting with 1.19.3. I previously had them all listed on the download page, but it got quite cumbersome updating it in so many places, and it kinda overpowered the description of the rest of the mod.

Thanks.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
04-03-06, 09:51 PM   #42
Ged
A Kobold Labourer
i dont know if its been posted or not, but would it be possible to add little things like a setting to turn on/off the specific things that happen when you left/right click a unit, like for example, if someone wants to make it so right clikcing does what it does on blizzards default units, brings up the drop down menus

in addition and related to this idea, what about adding a group leader icon to units...i find myself feeling silly always asking ppl who the leader is, or having to use /kick /invite or titan MM to do group related actions when the situation arrises when im leader...

idk if any of this is possible, or easily done....other than those 2 minor gripes, i love it, keep up the good work!

edit: i just read the whole thread, and noticed on page 4, questions about healing spell ranks....id like to add that this unit UI also works GREAT with the Healer UI that casts user defined type healing spells based on target hp%, you can set the importance of which person this auto heals as well, from group pets, to yourself......

furthermore, this could very well be the solution to the CT raid issue of no click-casting, seeing as tho Healer auto heals whoever according to your settings( regardless of who you click on, i could click on my WD unit frame and it would heal group member 3's pet if it had the lowest HP) has the lowest HP, and it DOES have raid settings....i just changed servers and am working on a new toon only at lv 20 so i wont be able ot test this for some time....but if my gut feeling is right, this should solve that problem

again....great UI

Last edited by Ged : 04-03-06 at 10:03 PM.
04-04-06, 06:06 AM   #43
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Ged
i dont know if its been posted or not, but would it be possible to add little things like a setting to turn on/off the specific things that happen when you left/right click a unit, like for example, if someone wants to make it so right clikcing does what it does on blizzards default units, brings up the drop down menus
I could add a binding, but I'd rather not-- considering we already have the ability to pop those menus up using custom functions. To make it act like the default blizzard frames:

LeftClick: TargetUnit
RightClick: WD_Menu

That will give you targeting with the left buton, and open the popup menu with the right button.

in addition and related to this idea, what about adding a group leader icon to units...i find myself feeling silly always asking ppl who the leader is, or having to use /kick /invite or titan MM to do group related actions when the situation arrises when im leader...

idk if any of this is possible, or easily done....other than those 2 minor gripes, i love it, keep up the good work!
Use the [leader] tag, which displays (L) if the player is the leader, or [leaderlong] which will display (Leader) on whoever is the leader. You can obviously make this tag optional on the target/pet frames.

furthermore, this could very well be the solution to the CT raid issue of no click-casting, seeing as tho Healer auto heals whoever according to your settings( regardless of who you click on, i could click on my WD unit frame and it would heal group member 3's pet if it had the lowest HP) has the lowest HP, and it DOES have raid settings....i just changed servers and am working on a new toon only at lv 20 so i wont be able ot test this for some time....but if my gut feeling is right, this should solve that problem
Two things, I have no idea what you're talking about with the CT Raid issue with click-casting. I heal using click-casts on the Blizzard and CTRaid UI each and every night.. so if that's not working for you-- then tehre's another issue.

I don't support ANY mod which makes decisions of that caliber for you, so don't expect to find any support for them in WatchDog. I don't mean to be a hardass-- but I firmly believe that a healer who relies on a mod to make decisions for them is a bad healer. WatchDog is about giving the player the tools necessary to be an effective healer.

If there's something specific you're having an issue with, let me know.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
04-04-06, 09:33 AM   #44
Honen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hey Cladhaire,

I am really enjoying Watchdog so far... I'm still getting use to it and trying to figure out how I would like to have it all set up. That said... I have some question/comments.

First, is there any way to have a "virtual mode" similiar to what CTRA has? I am not always in a party when I am playing with layout/setting and this would be a great feature (for me). Not the end of the world but you know... something I would use.

Second, I like to have pets showing so I can throw them the odd heal but I really would prefer to have with a "smaller bar" and to be linked with their owner. Right now it seems they just appear wherever when I join a party and I am always having to move them around.

Anyhow, I hope you know what I mean. Still learning... perhaps there is a way to do this already and I just haven't found it.

Thanks again
04-04-06, 09:38 AM   #45
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Honen
First, is there any way to have a "virtual mode" similiar to what CTRA has? I am not always in a party when I am playing with layout/setting and this would be a great feature (for me). Not the end of the world but you know... something I would use.
Certainly, just use the /wdog showall command to display all the frames and move them around as you'd like. It should let you set it up anyway you'd like

Second, I like to have pets showing so I can throw them the odd heal but I really would prefer to have with a "smaller bar" and to be linked with their owner. Right now it seems they just appear wherever when I join a party and I am always having to move them around.
I'm working on options for this.. but you likely won't see it until WatchDog 2.0, which is coming along (I'm sorry its been so slow).

Thanks for the feedback!
04-05-06, 07:55 PM   #46
Hexacoatl
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy Error

I use Watchdog since a few days, and it does its job very well, but when I join a raid-group I get this error-message every few seconds:

1367: attempt to call method `UnHook´ (a nil value)
Path goes directly to: Watchdog.lua

I am using Bibmod v4.18, CTRA v1.53, CTRA-BossMod v1.53, CT-MailMod v1.854, CT-PlayersNotes v1.854, SkillStance v1.03, ItemRack v1.94 and WeaponQuickSwap v28.
And I play with german client.

Btw, I get the same error-message if I try to save or apply changes within the WatchDog Main Menue, everytime (even if I am not within a Raid).

Thanks for your help....

Last edited by Hexacoatl : 04-05-06 at 07:59 PM.
04-05-06, 08:48 PM   #47
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Change UnHook to Unhook. I'll get a fix out for this very soon.
04-06-06, 05:30 PM   #48
hydroponik
A Defias Bandit
Having the party frames "flow up"

Is it possible to have the party frames flow up, instead of down?
04-06-06, 08:58 PM   #49
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Type /wdog showall, and move the frames around however you'd like them. They don't "flow" one way or another.. they always go in the same place.
04-06-06, 09:43 PM   #50
thelostdragn
A Defias Bandit
Watchdog Exp Bar

I use flexbar along with wd as my only two real mods. Because I much prefer flexbar so the main bar I hide the main bar, which also means that i lose my exp bar. I did however have an idea, but because i am not much of a programmer, I wouldn't even know where to begin.

My Idea:
A third bar underneath the health/mana-rage-energy bars(only for the player) that would display exp; not necessarily to the exact number but even a 15.6k/39.8k would be awesome. Color changing according to rested/unrested would also be amazing. I guess my question is how difficult would an addendum like this be, and assuming I could get it accomplished, would you want a copy of it to add to later versions?

thanks
04-06-06, 10:04 PM   #51
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Originally Posted by thelostdragn
Watchdog Exp Bar

I use flexbar along with wd as my only two real mods. Because I much prefer flexbar so the main bar I hide the main bar, which also means that i lose my exp bar.
These tags are available with WatchDog:

[curxp] - Returns the players currently amount of experience
[maxxp] - Returns the amount of XP needed to reach the next level
[percentxp] - How far through the level you are (as a percentage)
[missingxp] - How much XP you need to level
[restedxp] - How much experience you have that will get you double experience
04-07-06, 03:25 AM   #52
thelostdragn
A Defias Bandit
im not quite sure how i missed that while reading through the tags list. thanks very much. My only issue with that is that currently i would need to write the tags over either my life or mana, both of which are obviously important. any ideas?

thanks
04-07-06, 04:57 AM   #53
teedog
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Is WatchDog able to automatically determine the appropriate rank of heal to use depending on how much damage one's target has taken?
04-07-06, 08:59 AM   #54
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Originally Posted by teedog
Is WatchDog able to automatically determine the appropriate rank of heal to use depending on how much damage one's target has taken?
No. The creator says:

Originally Posted by Cladhaire
I don't support ANY mod which makes decisions of that caliber for you, so don't expect to find any support for them in WatchDog. I don't mean to be a hardass-- but I firmly believe that a healer who relies on a mod to make decisions for them is a bad healer. WatchDog is about giving the player the tools necessary to be an effective healer.
Watchdog is the best healing addon out there, anyways.
04-07-06, 09:05 AM   #55
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
My Idea:
A third bar underneath the health/mana-rage-energy bars(only for the player) that would display exp; not necessarily to the exact number but even a 15.6k/39.8k would be awesome. Color changing according to rested/unrested would also be amazing. I guess my question is how difficult would an addendum like this be, and assuming I could get it accomplished, would you want a copy of it to add to later versions?
I will be adding an optional experience bar in WatchDog 2.0, to the player frame only. I have to work out the details =). If I can give you some small code to do it in WD 1.20, I'll post an update.

im not quite sure how i missed that while reading through the tags list. thanks very much. My only issue with that is that currently i would need to write the tags over either my life or mana, both of which are obviously important. any ideas?
thanks
You wouldn't need to write over, or replace. Keep in mind you can use the [left][center] and [right] tags to align your information. The only inconvenience is that if you wanted to make the bars wider, you'd have to do it for all the frames in the current version.
04-07-06, 04:59 PM   #56
hydroponik
A Defias Bandit
Type /wdog showall, and move the frames around however you'd like them. They don't "flow" one way or another.. they always go in the same place.
Nvm, got it to work, thanks.

Last edited by hydroponik : 04-07-06 at 05:03 PM.
04-08-06, 04:48 PM   #57
Ankh
A Murloc Raider
Hi there,

first of I have to excuse myself for my fairly bad english and that I haven't read every post in this thread. Probably my questions has already been answered before ..

I'd like to use macros with the clickcasting tool. For example I use a macro for renew which checks if your target already has a renew on it, if it has one the spell is not being cast. This is quite useful as you don't need to watch the buffbar of every member in a raid, it will save some mana and which is even more helpful some time.

Thanks.

Last edited by Ankh : 04-08-06 at 04:52 PM.
04-09-06, 02:50 PM   #58
Vonk
A Murloc Raider
I'm still tweaking this mod out ..just got it today. So far its awsome.
Anyway I cant get a targets/target window up. I saw the checkbox for it but it dosnt seem to work. Am I doing anything wrong or should I attempt to run Perl or something for that feature. Anyway great work cant wait to test it out in MC tonight!
04-09-06, 02:51 PM   #59
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Vonk
I'm still tweaking this mod out ..just got it today. So far its awsome.
Anyway I cant get a targets/target window up. I saw the checkbox for it but it dosnt seem to work. Am I doing anything wrong or should I attempt to run Perl or something for that feature. Anyway great work cant wait to test it out in MC tonight!
Use /wdog showall to set the position of the frames.
Use /wdog hideall to hide them when you're done.

If you dont see targettarget, then type /wdog resetframes to put the frawmes at default positions.
04-09-06, 04:29 PM   #60
Vonk
A Murloc Raider
Use /wdog showall to set the position of the frames.
Use /wdog hideall to hide them when you're done.

If you dont see targettarget, then type /wdog resetframes to put the frawmes at default positions.
Oh duh..thank you . Works perfect thanks alot

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » WatchDog