Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
02-19-14, 06:51 PM   #1
Mardread
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Friends/Guildmates in Cities error

I noticed this since patch 5.4.7. I was seeing a green dot directly underneath my character direction arrow on the map. Every time I moved, there was a small delay and it would move after me. Like I was being followed. I was starting to get paranoid because I couldn't see anyone else around me in the game. I was being haunted.

Well not really, I guess there was a significant change in the API or this was something that I never noticed before.

The problem is replicated by having Show Friends/Guildmates in Cities checked under the map options. This will place a guild dot on your map for your character. I am pretty sure it is not supposed to be there. My uneducated guess is that it might have to do with the way character names are being handled now in game. That little feature broke several other addons, like DBM's Pull Timer.

Rythal, the addon still works great. I seriously want to thank you for all the work you have done to this point.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Friends/Guildmates in Cities error