05-23-07, 07:09 PM   #1
CustomFark
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thumbs up Mazzle and Mac

firstly i apologise for starting a new thread, i couldn't remember where i saw the issues with getting Mazzle to work on a mac.

I have finally got Mazz working on my mac, i noticed ppl had been having the same prob as me, whereas once you'd enable out of date addons etc, and gone to log in, WoW had a fatal error and crashed.

I followed the instructions to update the ace addons, although u have to use MacAceUpdater and you'll need to add all the lib addons in the !StandAloneLibraries, as the .bat files are windows only and the updater doesn't see the addons if there is no .toc file in the directory.

Following this add the clean install of Mazzle into your interface/addons folder, telling it not to replace anything. Log in and load out of date addons, although disable the 3 Bongos addons.

I stress disable the 3 BONGOS addons, their the ones causing the fatal errors on Macs, i have tried this on my G5 and my intel Macbook and although with no bongos the action bars are awful (plus the blizz_ui sits on the minimap) i'm sure until a fix is worked out by Mazz and the rest of the Beta guys you could find a replacement action bar mod to tide you over!

Hope this helps....

[edit/add]

When i say working, i mean that it no longer errors out, so at least u can see ur toon and the wonderful world around him/her, rather than the wow error reporter and finder

Last edited by CustomFark : 05-23-07 at 07:20 PM.
05-23-07, 07:24 PM   #2
FelixTeCat
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks

<3 Thanks for the info
05-23-07, 07:56 PM   #3
Teerameesu
A Defias Bandit
Bongos2

I got rid of the errors by updating the Bongos to Bongos2, but unfortunately this broke the Mazzifier's ability to set up the bars
05-23-07, 10:20 PM   #4
Ironshield
A Murloc Raider
I can confirm on a MacBook Pro (newish).

Run the MacAceUpdater (hosted on code.google.com).
Download the new Bongos2 and toss out your old bongos folders (erh back up - yeah that's what i meant!).
Login to toon selection screen and click Add Ons.
Enable All, then uncheck old bongos (if you left them in the folder instead of tossing them out per above) so that you load up only the new ones.

You will find a bunch of frames over the center of the screen (mostly Bongos) but have no fear!...

Mazzify but ask for a complete configuration - you may have to drag the mazzle window around to get where you need to click and avoid the many frames in the way. Step through the normal config in Mazzle.

When your UI comes back, there should be minimal things left to tidy up, namely the bongos 2 items. These will not be as shiny and awesome as you are used to, until Mazzle has a chance to tinker with the UI and its new relationship with bongos 2. However, with a small amount of effort (middle button/scroll wheel clicking) you can hide any bongo frames you don't want to see, drag the ones you do want to see to wherever you want to see them, and Lock them in place.

If you don't know how to lock them down, right click on the Mazzle Options (top right - may be hidden if your fubar is hidden!) and pick Bongos Option Menu, then Bind the keys as you want and Lock the bars in place.

Done. go back to playing!

If for any reason, you feel this is not as nice as it was with Mazzle and Bongos working in harmony, re-log in and this time disable all Add Ons then play in the default UI -- about 15 mins of that and you will LOVE the current 'harmony' of mazzle and Bongos2 !! = )~

No really, it is totally doable to play as is - and it gives us something shiny to look forward to when Mazzle can get some time to re-connect his UI to Bongos(2).

{Azgalor, Alleria}
05-24-07, 12:46 AM   #5
taku biru
A Defias Bandit
Thank you for the info! I'll be messing with bongos2 tomorrow. Interesting note: This only happens to me when I log onto a mazzified priest. Tested it with a 65 Priest in Shattrath and a 2 Priest in Azuremyst.
05-24-07, 01:35 AM   #6
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You guys are getting crashing errors because of Bongos? Can other people replicate and verify this?

If so, that could be quite problematic. I do not plan to update Bongos2. My branch does paging in a very different way, and all of the layouts are dependent on that structure.
05-24-07, 02:39 AM   #7
CustomFark
A Fallenroot Satyr
Argh, just woke up and completely forgot what i was going to say this morning, i think theres a conflict between old bongos and clearfont2! Although i came up with this gem at something past ridiculous o'clock. I will recreate the error that crashes WoW, this is pretty simple i just have to load Bongos, and i'll paste the error txt here.

[edit/add]

After further examination its not the main Bongos addon causing the error its one of the 2 dependent bongos addons (settings and options)

Last edited by CustomFark : 05-24-07 at 02:47 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzle and Mac