07-01-09, 10:38 AM   #1
Nafe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Introducing SummonBox!

Hey all,

I just released my first-ever completed addon with a GUI. (I've released a few addons before, but never have completed an addon with a GUI before today).

Please take a look at SummonBox

What SummonBox does is pretty simple:
The standard UI's StaticPopup box is changed to:

If you close this window in any way other than hitting Accept (such as clicking on "SummonBox", or hitting ESC), then you get the SummonBox:

This shows you who summoned you, where to, and how much time is left on the summon.

What this all basically equates to is...:
Features
  • Allows you to get rid of that annoying StaticPopup box while you're finishing up your errands before accepting the summon.
  • Moveable box, showing Who summoned you, Where to, and how much Time left. Buttons to accept or cancel the summon.
  • If you accidentally hit ESC when you receive the annoying StaticPopup box, you won't lose your summon.
  • Still utilizes the annoying StaticPopup box so that you notice when you get a summon!
Please take a look, try it out, tell me what you think, and feel free to make suggestions / reports / comments of any kind.

Enjoy!

Since this is my first addon w/ a GUI, I'd really love to hear any comments about my XML and Lua, and how I interface them together, etc.

(P.S. I'm always looking to make my addons more efficient and less taxing on the user; if you have a fundamental suggestion to my XML/Lua code, I'd love to hear it . Send me a PM or post here at your discretion.)
07-02-09, 12:30 AM   #2
Nafe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Version 1.1 released

New in this version:
  • SummonBox location saved between sessions. Location is saved per character
  • Slash command capabilites: (these settings saved per account)
    • Ability to bypass the StaticPopup completely (default: disabled). Use /summonbox replace
    • Option to enable/disable (default: enabled) ChatFrame message notification of a received summon. Use /summonbox chatnotify
    • Ability to enable/disable (default: disabled) local RaidWarning message notification of a received summon. Use /summonbox rwnotify
    • Ability to enable/disable (default: disabled) local RaidWarning sound notification of a received summon. Use /summonbox soundnotify
    • Command to allow placement of SummonBox without receiving a summon. Use /summonbox position then drag the SummonBox to where you want. Once placed, it will hide automatically if there is no pending summon

Thanks a ton to the user comments that inspired the changes!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Introducing SummonBox!