07-14-05, 01:27 PM   #1
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Questzone?

This is a request. Not sure if it can even be done though.

I use monkeyquest religiously. I'd be lost without it honestly. But one thing I've gotten tired of is hidding and unhiding quests. Not sure about you but I usually run close to having a full Quest Log.
So here is my question/request.
Is there a way to....
  1. Using MonkeyQuest, to make it automattically show only the quests in the area you're in. For example, let's say I take a griffon from Stormwind to Lakeshire. As I enter Lakeshire MonkeeyQuest would hide all my other quests except those from lakeshire.
  2. Or create a MonkeyQuest-like Mod that will do the above.

Thanks

07-14-05, 09:09 PM   #2
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
its possible to do this type of behavior. The original author of monkeyquest would be an ideal one to ask for this if he's still coding as he has a little more knowledge of this code than most others.

I have to much on my plate right now as it is and until more of my mods reach a more stable state with alot more of my promisses fullfilled I'm in no stance to take on any more daunting projects.... yet.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
07-14-05, 09:14 PM   #3
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Well just knowing that it's possible is a start. I use all your mods and love them, couldn't live without them but I do see how much you've got to do. Looks like a ton of work.
Work I'm grateful for too.

I really wish I could get a handle on lua and xml. I just have a very hard time wrapping my head around it.

I'll email the author of MonkeyQuest and see if perhaps they are willing to impliment something like this.

Thanks Kaelten.
07-14-05, 09:23 PM   #4
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
hehe, anytime, thanks for the comments on my own stuff there.

I might look into it sometime and release a simple copy/paste hack that hopefully won't make too many problems.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
07-14-05, 09:30 PM   #5
Dakotah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Another quest mod can do just what you're asking. It is called QuestIon. It is much like MonkeyQuest, but I found the features in QuestIon to be better suited for my tastes. I did use MQ for a very long time prior to switching. It took a little getting used to initially, but it is definitely worth the switch.

There is an option under Sorting & Filtering called "Current Location". It will hide all quests that are not for that zone (this overrides any other show/hide settings you might have set). When you go back into a zone where you have quests, the quests for that zone reappear.

I hope that you give it a try. It really is a nice quest mod.

Last edited by Dakotah : 07-14-05 at 09:39 PM. Reason: tested it out...
07-14-05, 09:37 PM   #6
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Thanks Dakotah, I'll give it a try. Although, I must admit I'm extremely attached to MQ.

Giving it a whirl now.
07-14-05, 09:46 PM   #7
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

lol that was a disaster. Got it all setup and was liking it. Hit minimize to go about my business, got to a zone, maximized it to see how the zone filtering went and it flew up past the top of the screen now I can't move it.
My luck is impeckable.

Aha! /qi resetpos.

Last edited by Syxx : 07-14-05 at 09:49 PM.
07-14-05, 10:20 PM   #8
Dakotah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Yeah for some reason it doesn't like being too near a screen edge...an alt-tab or reload can cause it to go haywire unfortunately. It's probably best to at least get it where you want then log out completely and back in to make sure it's not going to move around. I have yet to figure out why it does that.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Questzone?