09-06-13, 07:07 AM   #1
Pinthalion
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Update for patch 5.4?

Just wondering if there will be an update to the beta for patch 5.4 when it's released next week?

09-06-13, 09:10 AM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Yes.. not the update I wanted to have done, but there will be one so it keeps working / has new maps.

When I started working on the 5.4 compatibility, lots of things broke because they renamed Arena of Annihilation to Proving Grounds, and with new zone some locales will have errors until the new island gets translated, so it got me started on trying to eliminate Carbonites dependance on zone names over areaID's... but that won't be done in time.

09-06-13, 01:45 PM   #3
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
WowPedia might help. http://wowpedia.org/MapID This is a list of all known mapIDs, including patch 5.4 content. The only issue I have with the list is that all the arenas share the same mapID. I doubt that is truly the case, but I never PvP to test.

If someone wants to test and update the page, great, otherwise I will check here, since mapIDs are the current topic.

09-07-13, 04:12 AM   #4
Pinthalion
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you for the update!

09-07-13, 10:33 PM   #5
Kreelor
A Firelord

What about updates for 5.3.0 Alpha 2?

September 7, 2013 -- 9:33PM (Pacific)

The last update (a month ago) fixed mostly the "Notes" issues, and I'm happy that it did. There are many issues which still remain in the latest Beta. Most of those issues have been reported, but there's no feedback about what's going on. Lots of silence. heh heh.

I know that Rythal said he was "burned-out" on playing the game, but he said he loved the coding of the addon. Most reported issues relate to the coding, and many don't even require playing the game to fix.

I'm just wondering if more fixes are to come? At this point, I don't care about upcoming releases as much as having a suitable "Release" version. Of course, looking ahead to upcoming patches from Blizzard (and adjusting Carbonite accordingly) is also important. But, if you (Rythal) decide to retire from working on this addon, at least we users might have a rather "finished" Release version of the addon.

One (hopefully) simple issue to fix would be to fix the code so that every time I log into a char, the Carbonite "expanded" Quest List doesn't show up by default, even though I minimized it the last time I played. It happens on each character, each time. It's a simple thing, but it's frustrating to change it constantly.

Side note: I saw that you (Rythal, or somebody?) chose a new opening graphic for Carbonite II. I'm just wondering why the graphic was reduced down to such a small size within the much larger black background 'box' it resides within? Personally, I think it should at least fill the area so that it can be seen and be more readable. It just seems a little bit lost within that much larger black box.

And, that makes me wonder something else. I thought you said that the new graphic would be included within the Release version of Carbonite II, after you were satisfied with all the changes you were going to make. Do you still plan on having a Release version of Carbonite II, or was your last update actually "it?"

Thank you for all that you've done! Your changes have made the addon playable for the most part.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Update for patch 5.4?