03-04-11, 03:44 PM   #1
yechnagoth
A Defias Bandit
Nodes zoom

I've read the tutorials on using the routing and nodes and got it to work decently, but one thing I still can't find an option to change is how zoomed in you need to be for it to show, at first I needed to zoom so much I could see the pixels, changing scale didn't change it, so I left it that way and suddenly it started appearing without so much zoom. My friend is having the same issue, but he still have to zoom in a lot to see the nodes on his map. Most (if not all regarding nodes) of our options are the same.

Is there any way to change this yourself? Or does the scale have a delay to work? Also isn't the gather icons at scale option supposed to change only the size of the icons?
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by yechnagoth : 03-04-11 at 03:47 PM.

03-04-11, 05:18 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Open Carbonite's options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) to the "Map" page. Look for the option "Icon scale minimum size. -1 disables scaling for Guide and Favorite Icons. <number>". The "< >" symbols are not actually there, just the number. I have mine set to 6 so that I can see the active nodes blinking around the node graphic (icon). Just click on the number and an edit box will pop up so you can change the number. There are also two settings you could check in the map right-click menu. Right click a non icon area of the map, and choose "Scale ..." in the menu. In the next menu there are two sliders that you might want to check: "Icon Scale" (mine is set to 0.50) and "Gather Icons At Scale" (which I also have set to 0.50).

I am not saying that these settings will work for you, but, rather, see what yours are set to and maybe play around with them a little (especially the one on the "Map" page) until you get what you want. Of course, you could always just copy your friends settings since they seem to be the way you want the map to look/work.

I hope this helps you, and good luck.

03-04-11, 07:13 PM   #3
yechnagoth
A Defias Bandit
My gather icons at scale was at 1.11 already, and icon scale at 0.88, I changed to what you suggested and there doesn't seem to be any difference on it other than icon's size. (I also changed the setting on map to 6)
The zoom I need to have to see the nodes is pretty much the same, this seems to be a bug, as there is no option to change this(or I missed it) and it keeps changing alone out of nowhere. Don't think you understood me well so I'll try to be more clear: what I'm talking about is not the icons size, but how far you can see them. When I first started to use the nodes I had to zoom a lot for the nodes to appear on the map, and after not changing anything(just searched, but didn't change anything other than gather icon scale)it started appearing without so much zoom.

Anyways, this is not a big problem, just my friend isn't managing to get it to work, mine is fine already. Would be a lot better if you could see them from a greater distance though. I don't like to have my map so zoomed in.

Last edited by yechnagoth : 03-04-11 at 07:16 PM.

03-04-11, 11:43 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How do your icons look if Carbonite is the only enabled addon? I'm thinking that there might be another addon that could possibly be interfering with Carbonites map and running Carbonite alone (as the only addon that is active) is the only way to check.

If it still acts the same way, you might want to go to "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" and rename or delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files that are in that folder. BE AWARE that doing this will reset your installation of Carbonite. It will look and act like Carbonite was just installed for all of your characters. This is because those files contain all of the set up information for all of your characters for Carbonite. The reason I say "rename or delete" is because if you rename the files (doesn't have to be anything fancy - adding "old" to the name will do it) and it doesn't make any difference, you can just delete the new files, rename the old ones and get your settings back.

It is also quite possible that the download was corrupted in some manner and a fresh download and install would solve that. To re-install correctly, though, you should first delete all of the Carbonite folders in your "WoW\Interface\AddOns" folder. A total re-install would also mean deleting all of the Carbonite files in your "SavedVariables" folder.

Hopefully you won't have to go this far.

There is one other thing you should see: Open your main Carbonite folder (in your "WoW\Interface\AddOns" folder) and find the "CarboniteReadMe" text file. Open it and read through it. There is a lot of information in there about what Carbonite does and different things you can do to set it up.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Nodes zoom