01-02-10, 01:30 PM   #1
slick8086
A Kobold Labourer
Interopperability glitch Carbonite+TourGuide

Hi
I've been using Carbonite for a while now... I had subscribed to the premium version back when there was one. I love it. I started a few new toons recently and to speed up leveling I started using TourGuide with Jame's Guides from WoW-Pro.com. These make leveling very fast for me. With Carbonite in TomTom emulation mode almost everything works great. There is one problem though. When ever an objective has multiple way-points Carbonite routes them backward. The route starts with the last way-point instead of the first. To test this I wrote my own small guide and the same occurred. I'm not sure if this is a tourguide problem or a carbonite problem so I thought I'd start here.

I really like both addons and even if this never gets fixed I'll continue to use both, but having this work would be awesome.

01-27-10, 02:34 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I made a change which should cause the route order to be reversed, but I have not found any cases in TourGuide which have multiple points. Do you remember a few that have multiple points? Which guide and step?

02-12-10, 01:24 PM   #3
Koviko
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I've been encountering this problem with the TourGuide guides from wow-pro.com. It's been getting more and more annoying to account for this, since it requires using only the map and neglecting the arrow. Now that I've found that I'm not the only person with this problem, I'd love to see it addressed.

If you'd like an example, I'm on a step right now with multiple waypoints. In Jame's Horde 21-31 guides, I'm in the 28-30 Thousand Needles guide on the step "Alien Egg."

The step's denotation in the the LUA file is:
Code:
C Alien Egg |QID|4821|N|Check the three locations for the Alien Egg and kill Thundering Boulderkins until you have 2 Purifying Earth: (56.5,50.3), (52.5,55.2), (37.7,56.1)|
The order should be "(56.5,50.3)," followed by "(52.5,55.2)," followed by (37.7,56.1)." However, Carbonite routes them in the opposite order.

Your post would lead me to believe that this has been fixed, but WoWInterface does not have an updated version of Carbonite available.

02-17-10, 05:05 PM   #4
Koviko
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Changes: 3.32
Improved TomTom emulation. Tested with GatherMate, HandyNotes, LightHeaded, Routes, Tour Guide.
Let's hope that this is the change I've been waiting like a year for. lol.
Maybe we should have spoken up, sooner.

02-17-10, 05:38 PM   #5
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by kovik View Post
Let's hope that this is the change I've been waiting like a year for. lol.
It should work. I found a few multiple locations in TourGuide yesterday and flipped the waypoint order for TomTom. Cartographer emu waypoint order was the one I had changed previously.

Originally Posted by kovik View Post
Maybe we should have spoken up, sooner.
Sure. Worse we will say is no.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Interopperability glitch Carbonite+TourGuide