10-24-08, 01:49 PM   #1
seebs
Premium Member
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Spoiler request (qq moar!)

Hi. So, I hate the zombie event. A lot. I can't even log in while it's on and not be stressed and upset by it.

If anyone can give information on when the zombie plague will be over and I can, say, go back to just running around in the devastated remains of Azeroth, I'd love to know. Blues on the official forums have said it'll be possible to finish up Hallow's End stuff, so I'm sort of assuming it might be sooner rather than later, but a lot of people are saying it's the 13th... So I just have no clue.

And I'd really like to have a concrete answer so I can just mark my calendar and go do other stuff until the game is back.
10-30-08, 02:08 AM   #2
EWOlson
A Fallenroot Satyr
Yeah, I hated it too, and apparently many other players did too. But I have not been ganked by zombies in a day or two so I'd say it is safe to go back about your regular gaming. Oh, out in the world of Warcraft you will have to deal with Scourge everywhere just so you know.
10-30-08, 07:29 AM   #3
blackpandemic
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I guess you guys aren't big on Blue Posts are you?

From the World of Raids Blue Post tracker:

Quote from: Tigole (Source)

We'd like to thank players for participating so zealously (and valiantly!) during the Great Zombie Plague of '08. Our intention with this event was to create something memorable and to literally change the face of Azeroth for a few days. This event is just one of many leading up to Wrath of the Lich King. As you know, the Scourge Invasion is now live as well and there is some other cool stuff coming up before all is said and done. Also, Hallow's End continues on!

While we recognize that the event could prove to be disruptive at times, we hope you made the most out of it while it lasted. Part of playing in a "living and breathing world" means that things are going to change from time to time. We meant no harm but only wanted to create a lasting impression on players as they head to Northrend to defeat the Lich King. The Lich King's goals (as you will soon learn) are to turn the Horde and Alliance not only on one another, but on their own kind as well. I think the plague truly demonstrated this firsthand.

So it looks like a cure has finally been found… for now.

Thank you for participating in our most memorable event to date… for better or for…. brrrrrrraaaaaains…

Despite it's annoyances, I liked it. Very rarely is there a world event which actually CHANGES the way you have to play and I think the rarity is what made this event awesome to me.

More of the blue post:

Couple of other important notes:

* The scourge invasion will continue for a few more days.
* The prologue event is not over! More to come!!
* The Karazhan boss will be up for approximately another week still
* We increased the respawn rate of the Necropoli
* Zombie cure should kick in by around noon PST

All leading up to Lich King! Love it, hate it, it's the World you choose to play in

EDIT: The blue posts are from October 27th.

Last edited by blackpandemic : 10-30-08 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Date of posting added.
11-04-08, 12:01 PM   #4
seebs
Premium Member
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I saw the Blue post when it happened; you'll note my post was a few days earlier.

I'm happy, they gave me credit for four days because I have issues with PvP content. (I'd also have been happy if they'd just posted a warning on the login screen about non-consensual PvP and posted an end-date to begin with.)

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Spoiler request (qq moar!)