so what page is it on so i can see how to install it
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...&postcount=441

12-03-14, 02:09 PM   #562
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Drakonis5056 View Post
I wish I would have saw this before it was answered, to tell you not to bother to install it. If you cant bother to read the thread to find out (the information is here) then your only gonna cause more headache than its worth when you do get it installed. the GIT version is not for public use and as such has bugs in it. Undoubtedly you will run into a bug and run here saying something like "this is a garbage release and so and so should be horse whipped". The long and short of it is you want the info? Look for it don't expect everything to be handed to you

12-03-14, 02:47 PM   #563
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Drakonis5056 View Post
Click download zip on the right of the github page. Extract the folder called carbonite-master or whatever. Inside that are a bunch of other folders, put those in the Interface\AddOns folder. You don't need to put the 2 other files in the carbonite-master folder in, they're github related, just the folder.

12-03-14, 03:09 PM   #564
Drakonis5056
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by mjumnito View Post
I wish I would have saw this before it was answered, to tell you not to bother to install it. If you cant bother to read the thread to find out (the information is here) then your only gonna cause more headache than its worth when you do get it installed. the GIT version is not for public use and as such has bugs in it. Undoubtedly you will run into a bug and run here saying something like "this is a garbage release and so and so should be horse whipped". The long and short of it is you want the info? Look for it don't expect everything to be handed to you
First of all I am being very patient for the release of carbonite I have not been on here bitching or cry nor have I said one bad word about the length off time it is taking to get carb working. I just asked a simple question on how I can install this version and yes I know it is a work in progress but to set there and offer an opinion about people is just plain insulting.

Second of all if I am having problems with carb after I install it I won't get on here and cry like a little 2 year old throwing a fit because someone took there sucker. I will just uninstall it and wait until Rythal has the bugs worked out for the official release.

Third and final there are 28 pages of post here and it would take hours to look through all the pages to find the exact link I was looking for, but there are some ppl out there that are helpful and took the time to post the link that I asked for as I would if someone else would have asked for it and I knew where to look...

So before you go throwing insults at people stop and think about how you would want some one to talk to you.

12-03-14, 03:42 PM   #565
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
How about instead of making an essay on why you feel insulted you read the post above your own and see the instructions laid out pretty clearly.

Admittedly, if it hasn't been done, instructions should be put in the OP.

12-03-14, 04:57 PM   #566
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Aalwein View Post
Missing feature (I think, or maybe bugged feature?) - the progress bar that shows up in the Blizzard quest tracker for some quests (namely the garrison assault dailies) do not show up in the Carbonite quest tracker and there is no other frame that shows off this indicator. Would be super to have it back in the quest log; would be even better if we could get it as a separate, moveable bar
As an addendum, the Carbonite tracker also does not pick up the "Bonus Objectives" in Draenor areas - perhaps the entire Bonus Objectives sub-category in the quest watcher was added in WoD? It's been so long since I've quested I can't recall if it was "a thing" before WoD. I'm guessing it's just not yet implemented in Carbonite?

See attached image for detail.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wow-64 2014-12-03 14-51-27-14.png
Views:	528
Size:	756.6 KB
ID:	8338  

12-03-14, 06:40 PM   #567
Trevise123
A Murloc Raider
oh guys for your testing pleasure, I have updated the gathermate2 data file for carbonite to the current data

12-03-14, 06:42 PM   #568
Trevise123
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by mjumnito View Post
hey, maybe he wants to help find the bugs, and do something about them, I wish I was good enough with LUA to code, but I am trying to help by testing and reporting the bugs

12-03-14, 07:19 PM   #569
Garettjax
A Murloc Raider
Hey all..

I just installed the latest github version. I just noticed this but I'm not sure if it was in any of the other github releases. I usually go to my garrison and then log. When I log back in, I open the map to see where I want to fly to. The map opens up and it shows all my quests like normal, but not the POI. I have the settings set to show all POIs. If I fly to any place but my garrison, and then open up the map. It will show me all the wings for the Flight Masters but only in the area I am currently in. If I want to look into another zone, it shows me the map just fine, but no Flight Masters, and my Arrow showing my current position moves to each zone I look at on the map. If I move the map to look at another zone, it will show my "current" position somewhere in the zone I have the cursor on.

12-03-14, 07:44 PM   #570
Fluxetta
A Kobold Labourer

Rythal Iz Da Man!

Hey just want to give credit where it's surely due. BIG PROPS to my man Rythal & anyone else in this thread for helping work out all the bugs for the Carbonite add-on.

I've been a loyal Carbonite user since my 1st day playing just after the release of Cata & I am sure its helped so much for every WoW player that's used it & I kno he hasn't posted this all over the thread but dont forget people, Rythal has a Paypal account & DOES accept donations for all the time & effort being put into making this WoD Carbonite all it can be & more. I've personally made a few donations over the Cata & MoP expansions & plan on making another soon.

So Rythal, What's good on your current Paypal info?
& everyone else just remember some of the best things in life are free but WoW's not one of them.
Mwahahaha

12-04-14, 12:19 AM   #571
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I haven't updated GIT with it yet as it's only 3/4 done, but my map and minimap both show me bonus tasks and Quest Watcher has a new option to show bonus tasks, which triggers at the right time (your in the area) now I just need to populate it.

At the same time I also added to scenario's on the watch list so it shows you your objective requirement steps instead of just overview.

12-04-14, 12:30 AM   #572
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I haven't updated GIT with it yet as it's only 3/4 done, but my map and minimap both show me bonus tasks and Quest Watcher has a new option to show bonus tasks, which triggers at the right time (your in the area) now I just need to populate it.

At the same time I also added to scenario's on the watch list so it shows you your objective requirement steps instead of just overview.
I'll jump on it for testing as soon as you have it loaded to GIT. Just lemme know when!

12-04-14, 02:35 AM   #573
edcaguy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Lightbulb

like any other addon unzip and put in your addon folder wow/interface/addons

Unzip the file you downloaded then open zip file, open up carbonite-master file then copy or cut all the folders to your addon folder above: Carbonite, Carbonite.info, carbonite.info, carbonite.items, carbonite.notes, carbonite.notes.sample, carbonite.quest, carbonite.social, carbonite.warehouse, carbonite.weekly

This is for any wow addon. If you put carbonite-master folder in addons then it won't work you need the files past carbonite-master. I like cusrse cause it does the work for you but somethings this is a better option. Hope no spelling errors.

12-04-14, 03:44 AM   #574
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Development version

For all those who cannot wait until it is actually ready to be released, download the current development version without any warranties that it will work for you, hesitate to ruin your life or eat your children at https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/archive/master.zip

Inside this ZIP there's an additional Carbonite directory and inside of that are the directories that go inside your Addon folder. If you happen to find bugs, please read up on the open issues on https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/issues before reporting a bug that is already known.

We already know that certain other Addons don't play well with this version of Carbonite, i.e. Routes and _NPCScan. Please don't report bugs with them here.

12-04-14, 08:18 AM   #575
Eternal_Lynx
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post

My mom asked me why I'm laughing and crying at the same time while watching a forum post on my laptop.

12-04-14, 08:40 AM   #576
evie2883
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Unhappy Garrison Mines

I've noticed that there seems to be an issue when going into the Lunarfall Mines (Alliance) My client will hang and crash every few seconds while I have carbonite enabled. This started a few days ago, and with the recent update, it hasn't fixed.

12-04-14, 08:45 AM   #577
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by evie2883 View Post
I've noticed that there seems to be an issue when going into the Lunarfall Mines (Alliance) My client will hang and crash every few seconds while I have carbonite enabled. This started a few days ago, and with the recent update, it hasn't fixed.
Some one had simillar problem and this was not the Carb fault, it was Routes addon. So check other addons if they are not the problem... disable all just leave Carbonite enabled and then check.

12-04-14, 09:07 AM   #578
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
The minimap keeps getting the mini-minimap dock all the time, I have no idea why. It seems to happen at random in normal outdoors areas.

12-04-14, 01:01 PM   #579
yourkilla
A Fallenroot Satyr

maps still missing

The maps for both Battle of Gilneas and the Deepwind Gorge Battlegrounds are still missing in the newest version from github that was linked below. still have not been into Isle or Alterac yet to discover if they are there or not. I'll update as soon as i find out. Keep up the hard work folks!

12-04-14, 01:35 PM   #580
WeaveDiva
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Ghosthree3 View Post
I've noticed that quests you select not to track are automatically retracked on log in. That is, everything is tracked again. EDIT: Ok so this isn't exactly true, it's more frequent than that, I'm not sure what it is but it started retracking all the things I unselected even before logging out. I think the garrison is doing it somehow but I'm not sure. EDIT: Ok it seems to happen after hearthing to your garrison, I think.

Yes this has been happening for as long as I can remember! Thought it was just me...

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch