11-24-07, 07:57 PM   #1
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What you should do if you don't get the 2nd Mazzifier Button

This is how the the "Mazzify Me" button in the Mazzifier works:
  1. You press "Mazzify Me"
  2. The Mazzifier begins processing a long list of commands to configure your UI based on the questions you answered.
  3. The Mazzifier shows you the button "Push my button to finish spell!"
  4. You push the button and the Mazzifier reloads your UI.
  5. The Mazzifier begins processing another long list of commands to finish off configuring your UI.
  6. Your character dances and the FAQ is displayed.

Add-ons, like any program, are essentially a series of commands. If an error occurs anywhere in that list, the program halts and doesn't finish. So, what does that mean to you? That means that if you push the "Mazzify Me" button of step 1 but don't get the "Finish Spell" button of step 3, you got an error somewhere in the very long list of configuration commands of Step 2. To repeat, that is why you're not getting the second button. An error occurred in step 2 that stopped the mazzification.

Now, simply telling people that you didn't get the button will not allow them to help you. Any of a kajillion errors can occur in that long list of commands of step 2 that will cause it to halt before it shows the desired button. So, here's what you do. If the second button doesn't appear within a minute, mouse over your Fubar, i.e. the menu at the very top and possibly the very bottom of the screen. Look for the Bugsack icon; it looks like a red or green sack. When you find it, left-click on it. That will show you a window that has the actual error that happened. Take a screenshot and post it along with your question. (You could also transcribe the errors if you don't want to deal with screenshots.)

If you don't do the above, there's no way for people to help you other than blind guesses.

P.S. Also note that if you don't get the Mazzlegasm at the end, you may have had the same thing happen at step 5. It may be less noticeable since most things will have been configured, but certain aspects may indeed have been skipped. Once again look for bugsack and the error that happened.

11-24-07, 08:35 PM   #2
tehdoughboy
A Murloc Raider
When the last button to "finish spell" doesn't show up for me, I just reload the UI, and re-Mazzify. That usually works for me.

11-24-07, 09:03 PM   #3
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by tehdoughboy
When the last button to "finish spell" doesn't show up for me, I just reload the UI, and re-Mazzify. That usually works for me.
It may seem to work, but it probably is skipping the configuration of something.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » What you should do if you don't get the 2nd Mazzifier Button