07-30-10, 02:31 AM   #1
Unrully
An Aku'mai Servant

Chat box issue -- Possible KGPanels?

I'm unsure if this is kgpanels doing this or if somehow my settings got messed up somewhere else, but here goes.

Basically everytime I logon or /rl one of my chat boxes falls into the frame BEHIND one of my panels. It doesn't do it for the other box/panel, nor the action bar panel. I have to select a different tab on that chat box then switch back to the main one to get it to show up again.

More an annoyance than anything, but meh! I made sure that the panel is set to background strata, I even went as far as making sure every single settings from top to bottom (other than the positioning, ofc) was the exact same as my other chat box panel.

Any ideas?

-Unrully, Fighting Lurker in SSC.
07-30-10, 04:24 AM   #2
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
If you're using a chat addon, see if adding that addon as a dependency in the misbehaving panel fixes the problem.
07-30-10, 09:30 AM   #3
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Even better, make sure your panel is set to the lowest possible strata.
07-31-10, 05:56 PM   #4
Unrully
An Aku'mai Servant

I've checked through Prat and my panels are set the the lowest (background) strata. It's only my right side panel that's doing it, not the left one, though they are both on separate chat boxes. Meh I can live with it.

-Unrully, Fighting Lurker in SSC.
08-01-10, 11:34 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I had this happen once. It turns out that something put the kgPanels I was using for my chat frames on some weird background levels. I "/fstack"ed and checked everything out, and I had kgPanels on background level 27 and what not. It was really freaky. I didn't even know there were that many background levels. Acted just like yours is. I went through all of my chat frames and put the kgPanels back how they belonged, and it hasn't done it since.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Chat box issue -- Possible KGPanels?