10-19-05, 04:09 PM   #1
Thirsterhall
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Locking up

Previous version had a habbit of occosionaly freezing for a short time, about 1 minute. This latest versin however seemd to occasionaly simply lockup. I really can't put a finger on exactly what action may be causing it but I've waited at least 5 mintues at times for it to come back and respond again but it hasn't. Generaly I'm typing into a lua file when it happens so I might have to do with structure panal updates.
10-19-05, 05:27 PM   #2
Daelic
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Thirsterhall
Previous version had a habbit of occosionaly freezing for a short time, about 1 minute. This latest versin however seemd to occasionaly simply lockup. I really can't put a finger on exactly what action may be causing it but I've waited at least 5 mintues at times for it to come back and respond again but it hasn't. Generaly I'm typing into a lua file when it happens so I might have to do with structure panal updates.

I'm having an issue when typing over text (highlight then type to replace) or backspacing into the beginning of a line. Perhaps a similar issue?

It took me some time to figure out how to repeat the lockup, perhaps you can test and see if it's the same cause for you. Just highlight some text and start typing. For me, it locks up 100% of the time when I do this.

* I just did it again, first I highlighted a variable name, and it didn't lock up. then I backspaced over an 'end' and it locked up as soon as my curser wrapped up to the previous line.

Your structure panel idea might be close to truth.

Last edited by Daelic : 10-19-05 at 05:33 PM.
10-19-05, 09:25 PM   #3
sbern
A Kobold Labourer
I can confirm this, backspacing back into a previous line in the script editor locks me up as well.

sbern.
10-19-05, 10:57 PM   #4
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Exclamation Possible fix attached

* I just did it again, first I highlighted a variable name, and it didn't lock up. then I backspaced over an 'end' and it locked up as soon as my curser wrapped up to the previous line.
Ok, that gave me the likely culprit here. I am attaching a patch exe to this message, just unzip it over the top of the existing .7 exe and see if that fixes it. Thanks for the reports.
Attached Files
File Type: zip wowuides-v1.0.100.7-patch1.zip (187.2 KB, 836 views)
10-20-05, 02:55 PM   #5
Daelic
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Nope

I'm still able to consistantly cause a lockup by replacing or backspacing over text.
10-20-05, 07:12 PM   #6
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Exclamation Real fix this time

Ok, turns out I totally fuxxored the fix in that patch, try the one attached to this message, hopefully will fix it this time.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip wowuides-v1.0.100.7-patch2.zip (181.3 KB, 1300 views)
10-21-05, 03:21 AM   #7
Ravendwyr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Works fine for me
10-21-05, 04:26 PM   #8
Daelic
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thumbs up Fixed

Your second patch attempt has unfuxxored the backspacing problem.
11-04-05, 11:57 AM   #9
Thirsterhall
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The lookups seem to be back with the latest version. 1.0.100.10.

I've locked up twice now in 15 min. Don't remember exactly what I was doing the first time but the 2nd lock I highlighted a space with the mouse and pasted text in and lockedup. The Code was also showing an error message on the line below I was pasting onto, ie the red underline, but have no idea if that was part of the problem.

edit----
third lockup it definatly has something to do with the error highlighting. This time I had an error on the line below and tried to add a new line above it.

Last edited by Thirsterhall : 11-04-05 at 12:02 PM.
11-04-05, 03:35 PM   #10
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Thanks, I found the problem there. I will post an update soon, I am trying to finish off a new skin that will hopefully be a bit more useful to you guys (alot more properties exposed).

Thanks for testing.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Locking up