04-29-09, 03:16 PM   #21
TiaMaster
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by OldHarry View Post
Maybe someone who knows a bit more about Leopard than you do can explain just why that is.
HA. Funny, I am a Mac tech....

I have been working on Macs probably since before you were born. That would be 1984, in case you were wondering.

And since you like to yell more than explain things properly, again, you never had it installed properly.

04-30-09, 09:08 AM   #22
Kortanis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sorry, I know this thread is done and over with but I just have to lawl.

"There are many things I do in Leopard I do in 1/3 the steps I did in XP."

Windows:
1. Open zip
2. Copy folders
3. Paste in drop location

Darn, if only my PC worked as 'well' as your Mac. Mac 'supremacy' amazes me. It literally takes me 10 seconds or less to install Carbonite each update (minus the short download time).

Also, for future reference to the OP, large font 'yelling' posts are...well, not cool. It really is unnecessary.
Korrine - Human Deathknight
Saenerus - Night Elf Druid
Mehkran - Gnomish Rogue
Khaalor - Draenei Shaman

04-30-09, 09:19 AM   #23
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by TiaMaster View Post
HA. Funny, I am a Mac tech....

I have been working on Macs probably since before you were born. That would be 1984, in case you were wondering.

And since you like to yell more than explain things properly, again, you never had it installed properly.
Get funny now, age cracks are never appropriate since many of us who have the most trouble learning and retaining new material are older than you are. Yes, you heard me right older than that. The first computer I ever worked on used punched paper tape for external storage.

One of the things about going from a windows pc to a mac that I will never adjust to is the lack of being able to see all the subfolders. There are many things I can do on the mac in 1/3 fewer steps but some things I can't do at all because I can't see the sub file structure. One of the things I have not been able to do on the mac is do a simple cut and paste of the file directory. The simple highlight, followed by copy then paste does not work. Or if it is possible I am too darn old too figure it out. WOW is not limited to kids there are many who play who are older who may not process information as fast as the kids do and whose fingers are not as agile and accurate on keyboards ask are those of kids who grew up on the computer.

Next time you stoop to pulling the age card think twice. It really makes you look like an inconsiderate and rude - well I can't think of a good word for what I want to say. One of the things that bothers me most is that I have had multiple sclerosis since before you began working on macs in 84. So no my typing ability is not perfect, my fingers do not always hit the keys I am aiming at, my brain does not always do what I want it to do as fast as I want it do do it but I am no kid.

So if you have constructive information on how to post the file structure say so because this old dumbass does not know how to manage that on a mac.

And it irritates the living daylights out of me when people assume I do not know how to simply unzip a program. I ran dos 3.5 to 6.0 before windows 3.0, then I ran windows 3.0, 95, 98, m3 and xp before getting a mac. File structure on this mac is not anywhere near like it was working with windows. If it was transferring all the data files from my aged palm E2 to a new Centro would have been a piece of cake instead of something akin to pulling teeth.

That over thanks to the droplet Carbonite is functioning again.

04-30-09, 09:20 AM   #24
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Kortanis View Post
Sorry, I know this thread is done and over with but I just have to lawl.

"There are many things I do in Leopard I do in 1/3 the steps I did in XP."

Windows:
1. Open zip
2. Copy folders
3. Paste in drop location

Darn, if only my PC worked as 'well' as your Mac. Mac 'supremacy' amazes me. It literally takes me 10 seconds or less to install Carbonite each update (minus the short download time).

Also, for future reference to the OP, large font 'yelling' posts are...well, not cool. It really is unnecessary.
Next time you spend 3 hours trying to install something and a good dozen tries and don't feel like yelling more power to you.

05-03-09, 05:08 AM   #25
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by OldHarry View Post
Next time you spend 3 hours trying to install something and a good dozen tries and don't feel like yelling more power to you.
I can't say I've ever had that problem using Windows XP, and I'd be hard pressed to remember it ever happening with 95, 98, ME, NT or 2K either.

Still, if you prefer your Mac that's fair enough. Different courses for different horses.

Glad you've got Carbonite working anyway

05-04-09, 08:10 AM   #26
spiritfox
A Murloc Raider
I use my iMac exclusively and have never had an issue with the add on. I just use the basic Mac utility to unzip and then drag the folders into the addon folder. OS-X is pretty straight forward as far as program installation and configuration is concerned so any issues with the addon working or not working probably have nothing to do with OS-X.

05-04-09, 01:19 PM   #27
Kingyoshi9
A Fallenroot Satyr
@OldHarry

#1 Yelling at the poeple tyrying to help is not a effective method

#2 learn touse your computer. I have been using pcs for longer then macs, have gotten a mac recently, and have learned to "DO Research". If you are not willing to spend time to learn how your computer works, then don't get pissed off at others that are trying to help you!

#3 As much as I hate to say it. COMPUTERS TAKE TIME AND PATIENTS. If you don't have those, don't use them. Or hire someone who does. (And if you don't have the money to hire somone then how the hell did you buy the computer in the first place)

05-04-09, 03:51 PM   #28
caitsdad
A Defias Bandit

I have no ideal as to whom oldharry is but its quite clear that you all have tried very hard to help him and all he could do was throw it back in your face and yell at you with those big type print letters and yes during frustrating moments its understandable however harry owes you all an appology even if hes not man enough to admit it.

Carbonite is great and i hope that the oldharry's of the world dont cause you guys to give up on it cause personally i would have to quit wow if we lost it.

05-04-09, 04:13 PM   #29
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Why you guys are necro-ing a thread that is multiple days old and has already all been resolved is confusing the hell out of me. It's all sorted out. No need for everyone to be yelling at him. Locking this.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Install failed yet again.