05-27-09, 10:08 AM   #1
Daelic
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Version conflicts

Is it possible to display the currently installed version? I ask, because I'm noticing version conflicts (cartographer, for instance) where I have a more recent version from curse, but wowinterface is a version or so behind. The minion just tells me there is an update. If I weren't careful, I'd click for the update and then downgrade my addon version.
05-27-09, 10:12 AM   #2
MadCow
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

i was just about to suggest the same thing. for example Prat on WoWi is like 10 version behind what Prat on curse is at.
defintely need some visual indication if the current installed version is newer than whats being recommended. Im sure this will be less and less a problem when/if curse and other sites release modules.. but for now it would be helpful to have.
05-27-09, 12:37 PM   #3
Darkwolfie
A Defias Bandit
The version detection doesn't seem very adaptive, it marks nearly all my curse installed addons as having an update available, when it's the same version installed.

If i update them with the Minion, they will stay correctly updated with the minion and with Curse client too.

It would seem very weird for a first time user to have to update all his addons if they are already of the latest version, but then again, this is probably down to the module?
05-27-09, 12:45 PM   #4
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
I noticed that if the text is Orange it thinks there may be an update and puts an update button on the right.

For some reason it appears that Minion is not correctly getting version info from the TOC files.

When it does get the correct info it displays the addon in grey without an update button.

But yeah be nice if there was a column to show current installed version too. Then maybe a right click to say "Addon already upto date" or something.
05-27-09, 12:57 PM   #5
syrupk
A Cliff Giant

I'm noticing the same thing. I'm also noticing it's allowing me to update addons not on the wowinterface site at all, such as Pitbull 4. It would be nice if we could see our versions so we don't end up reverting.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Version conflicts