05-30-07, 12:17 AM   #21
Exceltica
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by FlawlessCowboy
Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as snippy or anything, but I have checked the other thread, and I'm pretty sure the problem is most of the toons I'm playing are quite low-level and therefore fall into the problem of empty button sets being the issue for a crash.

Unfortunately, I believe my one high-level character is still experiencing some problems, but I'll make sure to check one more time.

I appreciate all the hard work everyone is putting into things here, keep it up guys!

Edit: Just tested it on my Warlock (level 49) and it still crashed.
One change I made to test the hypothesis to get things working was, if Mazzlefizz does not mind the suggestion, to go into Interface/AddOns/Mazzifier/Mazzifier_Buttons.lua. Around line 58 in the file, in the CompressBar() function, there is a line:
local shouldAdd = false
which I changed to:
local shouldAdd = true

Keep in mind that during my testing I was deleting my entire WTF folder each time while working on isolating things. You may need to reset your setting for the crashing toons in order to re-mazzify them.

This is the simplest change I tested during my trouble-shooting, and seems to address the empty bar issue.
05-30-07, 04:28 AM   #22
CustomFark
A Fallenroot Satyr
Having now tried you revision on all my toons, 62 hunter, 67 shaman, 70 priest, 70 druid plus all my toons below lvl 60, ranging from 10 - 52. I can confirm that just changing the arguement from false to true has allowed me to mazzify and login to all of the above on all 3 of my computers, G4, G5 and my intel based powerbook.

I will obviously continue to test, but so far crash and error free, plus i have linked this thread from my original thread to do with the crash error thrown by bongos_actionbar and macs!
05-30-07, 12:55 PM   #23
Starchild
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
This worked for me, but...

Originally Posted by Exceltica
One change I made to test the hypothesis to get things working was, if Mazzlefizz does not mind the suggestion, to go into Interface/AddOns/Mazzifier/Mazzifier_Buttons.lua. Around line 58 in the file, in the CompressBar() function, there is a line:
local shouldAdd = false
which I changed to:
local shouldAdd = true

Keep in mind that during my testing I was deleting my entire WTF folder each time while working on isolating things. You may need to reset your setting for the crashing toons in order to re-mazzify them.

This is the simplest change I tested during my trouble-shooting, and seems to address the empty bar issue.

I have been lurking here since the update hoping that someone would find a fix for MAC and Mazzle. Like many others, I don't think I could play the game anymore with out this great interface.

So, I was getting the same crash when I logged into certain characters (my Hunter specifically), and when I re-Mazzified anyone I got the same fatal crash. The crash did not occur when I disabled bongos. Alas, this is covering old ground, I'm sure...

I tried the above change, making the local shouldAdd = true. And it seemd to work beautifully. I have not had a chance to inspect completly yet as I'm at work and should not be playing... =)~ but the only glaring problem I am having is this:

The border around the mini-map moved the top right of the screen. The rest of the borders are fine. I have tried several different aspect ratios for my screen size and it has not helped. I can X-out of the border... but that just makes it dissapear... How can I fix this? Is there a setting I do not know about? Is there a way to adjust the mini-map border, drag it back in place, that I am not seeing.

I am in NO WAY an expert at the interface. I learn more about it everyday. Do you guys have any suggextions?

Thanks for the help, hope my first post has been informative
05-30-07, 03:42 PM   #24
Ruthless_One
A Kobold Labourer
Smile Mazzle bugs since patch 2.1

Mazzle,

Have a few questions with the ui. Since the release of the patch (2.1). Mazzle ui has been not working properly. I have tried removing the wtf and interface and reinstalling the ui i was unsuccessful can you please help me out. Right now most of the bugs are in the autobar.

Thanks
05-30-07, 05:33 PM   #25
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Starchild
The border around the mini-map moved the top right of the screen. The rest of the borders are fine. I have tried several different aspect ratios for my screen size and it has not helped. I can X-out of the border... but that just makes it dissapear... How can I fix this? Is there a setting I do not know about? Is there a way to adjust the mini-map border, drag it back in place, that I am not seeing.

I am in NO WAY an expert at the interface. I learn more about it everyday. Do you guys have any suggextions?

Thanks for the help, hope my first post has been informative
The minimap border is moved by the MazzleUI add-on along with the minimap and several other components when you log in. There are no options to modify this. If it's not happening, I'd look for an error during login that interrupted the initialization. Look in bugsack or your chat window.
05-30-07, 05:36 PM   #26
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Ruthless_One
Mazzle,

Have a few questions with the ui. Since the release of the patch (2.1). Mazzle ui has been not working properly. I have tried removing the wtf and interface and reinstalling the ui i was unsuccessful can you please help me out. Right now most of the bugs are in the autobar.

Thanks
I have not released the new version yet. Until then, there are many suggestions and walk-throughs made by users on how to update add-ons for 2.1. You're in one of the threads about it right now. Try reading them and following the instructions they give.
06-01-07, 10:10 AM   #27
Mortlach
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
updated HOW TO for Macs

i've updated my HOW TO for running Mazzle on Macs that are crashing. Many thanks to Mazzle and Exceltica for seeing this thru, as well as Ironsides for posting it clearly.

This HOW TO oughta make it easier for everyone, I hope!

--Mortie

(Updating it again, but no need to re-apply any fixes.... Just passing on some gnomish gnowhow from our Mistress Mazzlefizz! - Mortie)

Morticai, Prince & GuildMaster of Briar Rose, Horde

Last edited by Mortlach : 06-01-07 at 09:30 PM.
06-01-07, 12:27 PM   #28
Chera
A Kobold Labourer
Thanks guys for all your hard work in figuring this out, my lowbie toons now work on my Powerbook G4.

However, now mob health stays at zero on all my toons, can anyone tell me what might be causing this? Also, the health bar appears to the right of the small animated guy in the middle, above my minimap. Not an issue, but might provide a clue as to what's changed?

I'll try losing some of the add-ons and see if I can figure out what might be causing this...

Thanks again for all your effort in making this UI, it's made my wow-ing a lot easier and more fun.

Last edited by Chera : 06-01-07 at 12:42 PM.
06-01-07, 12:50 PM   #29
arrwyndruid
A Murloc Raider
Cannot thank you enough for all the hard work. My mazzle is finally working with this guide. The edit to the script seemed to be the trick! I have missed my mazzle for the last week and half. Thanks again all.
06-04-07, 01:53 PM   #30
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Could a mac user who had consistent crashing on a particular machine/character please test this function for me to see if it also resolves the issue? Just replace the old Mazzifier:CompressBar function in Mazzifier_Buttons with this one.

Code:
function Mazzifier:CompressBar(theBar)
    Mazzifier:ClosedListReset()
    local newBar, newActions = {}, {}
    local barSize = 0
    newBar = MazzleUI:CloneTable(theBar)
    for j=1, theBar.pages, 1 do
        newBar.contents["page_"..j] = {}
    end
    for i=1, theBar.numButtons, 1 do
        local shouldAdd = false
            if (self:ActionExists(theBar.contents["page_"..j][i].action, theBar.allowDuplicates)) then
                shouldAdd = true;
            end
        end
        if (i == theBar.numButtons) and (barSize == 0) then shouldAdd = true; end
        if (shouldAdd) then
            barSize = barSize + 1
                newBar.contents["page_"..j][barSize] = theBar.contents["page_"..j][i]
            end
        end
    end
    newBar.numButtons = barSize
    Mazzifier:ClosedListReset()
    return newBar
end
06-05-07, 10:19 AM   #31
Lifan
A Kobold Labourer

[quote=Mazzlefizz][color=Lime]Could a mac user who had consistent crashing on a particular machine/character please test this function for me to see if it also resolves the issue? Just replace the old Mazzifier:CompressBar function in Mazzifier_Buttons with this one.

I used Textwrangler to replace that code on my Intel Mac.

As soon as the realms come back up from scheduled downtime, I'll give it a spin.

Looking forward to having Mazzle again... I didn't realize how spoiled I was until the patch messed things up.

Edit: Nope, had three Bongos errors - but your quickfix patch for 2.1.1 got rid of all the errors on my Intel Mac.

Thanks for the fix.

Last edited by Lifan : 06-05-07 at 03:20 PM.
06-05-07, 10:00 PM   #32
Exceltica
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Could a mac user who had consistent crashing on a particular machine/character please test this function for me to see if it also resolves the issue? Just replace the old Mazzifier:CompressBar function in Mazzifier_Buttons with this one.
Seems to work fine so far... no crashes yet with things that crashed consistantly before on low level characters.
06-05-07, 10:59 PM   #33
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

[color=Lime][quote=Lifan]
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

I used Textwrangler to replace that code on my Intel Mac.

As soon as the realms come back up from scheduled downtime, I'll give it a spin.

Looking forward to having Mazzle again... I didn't realize how spoiled I was until the patch messed things up.

Edit: Nope, had three Bongos errors - but your quickfix patch for 2.1.1 got rid of all the errors on my Intel Mac.

Thanks for the fix.

The quickfix included that above change.
07-02-07, 09:57 PM   #34
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
To the top for review...
07-02-07, 11:11 PM   #35
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I wouldn't recommend running WAU right now, since there's no real need for an update already. And if you do, you don't have to do half those steps anymore. I've restructured things to make it much easier to update.

While it seems silly to quote myself, I just typed this in another thread:

The WAU is not a magical utility that pumps out fixes every day. It gives you the latest beta builds. Latest betas can mean new bugs as well as new fixes. I wouldn't recommend just running it all the time, like a lot of people seem to be doing. I certainly don't. The only reason it was so required for 1.0 was b/c the package was a several months old.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MacAceUpdater and findings