06-21-07, 11:05 AM   #21
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by 123noob
MAZZLE!!!!!! my name is 123noob not noob123 ..... lol... why does everyone call me noob123 lol...

Btw, I am honored that you're using my NE theme as default
Sorry about that noob. I think I make that mistake b/c it's a common convention that people add numbers to a name when they find that their name is already taken, for example CairennInternetStalker23 after finding out that CairennInternetStalker and CairennInternetStalker 1-22 were already taken. >.>

As for Joypunk, I couldn't help it. I like the movie 'The Joyluck Club'. If it's any consolation, I just accidentally mistyped that as the Joypunk Club.
06-21-07, 11:07 AM   #22
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Tucciim
nothing about quartz (i mention it because you talked about it in previous posts)

Someone just skimmed over the changelog... It's in there.

Feature Addition: Mazzifier has several new questions for new optional add-ons like a replacement casting bar and mob respawn timers.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-21-07, 11:19 AM   #23
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by MazzleFizz
Feature Addition: Mazzifier will once again titillate your character with Mazzlegasms. User can now choose how they communicate their pleasure (yelling, saying or holding it in.)
Lol... I like that feature. I'm going ot hold it in
06-21-07, 11:23 AM   #24
Legoranz
A Murloc Raider
/cheer mazzle

... 'nuff said =)

I really do enjoy and appreciate all your hard work in this mod mazzle. only other compilation i've used for any extended period of time has been Seerah's, but (no offense Seerah) your's blows it away, can't wait to d/l the new version (or test maybe /blush).
06-21-07, 11:27 AM   #25
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by rasoft2000
Man I had been recieving a lot of good comments about quartz and its ability to show enemy cast bars and buff/debuffs, it sounds very good and I will test it tonight and if is at good as ppl says maybe mazz can include it depending on performance compared to the currently used addons (antagonist, etc)
Quartz is included, though it's not installed unless you answer the corresponding question for it.

I love the add-on, though, tbh, I'm one of the people who've had unreliable results with the enemy cast bar module. Reading the changelong, I think this is a problem that Nymbia is actively trying to figure out.

The buff/debuff timers are also somewhat limited given the nature of Blizzard API for them. For example, it won't show debuffs that you contributed to if you did not start them. So, take the fire vulnerability buff from improved scorch. If you're not the one who got the first scorch in, it won't show the fire vulnerability debuff at all. I don't think those portions will ever be able to do as well as a combat-log parsing approach like that used by chronometer, enemy cast bar or antagonist. Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the Blizzard API, not the add-on itself. (btw, I certainly would not argue that it should do combat log parsing. I just mention it to highlight the difference in what it does and can do.)

On the plus side, the duration of timers you do see are guaranteed to be correct. And the castbar and related portions of the add-on are impeccable IMO. And I expect the enemy cast bar portion should soon be equally good. Frankly, these are the core features of the add-on, and it does them extremely well.
06-21-07, 11:47 AM   #26
Quagnome
An Aku'mai Servant
joypunk,

I see the forum, but I can't find the download for the addon. Am I blind?
06-21-07, 11:53 AM   #27
kanwer
A Murloc Raider
Awesome! I can't wait for another Mazzlegasm!
06-21-07, 12:23 PM   #28
Tucciim
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Seerah

Someone just skimmed over the changelog... It's in there.
thats a pretty vague reference when compared to the notes about nquest.

anyways jsut excited about something other then antagonist. i've had nothing but prob's with it.

Mazzle: any way you could wrap everything up into a Ace package so we just update "mazzleui" instead of the individual add-ons? i have NO idea what that entails so just curious.

i know that last night i used ace to update the installed add-ons and now thigns aren't workign quite right. the chat doesnt scroll, cartographer wasn't working (wierd?), ... anyways it'd be cool to update as a package.

Last edited by Tucciim : 06-21-07 at 12:29 PM.
06-21-07, 12:27 PM   #29
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Simply fantastic, Mazzle. Truly. *tips helm*

Let's hope that the Beta testing can be done and changes made sooner rather than later. I know it is a lot of work, to be sure.

I would --LOVE!-- to see the button layouts implemented as suggested in the other help thread (especially for Paladins); hopefully you will be able to squeeze those in while the beta testing is under way.

(Of course I would love to help beta test as well). Then again, who doesn't?
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
06-21-07, 12:56 PM   #30
raaz
A Kobold Labourer
as far as DoT timers go, have you ever checked out Asheyla's DoTimer addon..it's every warlock's dream and works well with other classes too and he provides constant updates
06-21-07, 01:21 PM   #31
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Originally Posted by Quagnome
joypunk,

I see the forum, but I can't find the download for the addon. Am I blind?
The addon can be found at http://files.wowace.com.
06-21-07, 02:00 PM   #32
rasoft2000
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Super!

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

Quartz is included, though it's not installed unless you answer the corresponding question for it.

I love the add-on, though, tbh, I'm one of the people who've had unreliable results with the enemy cast bar module. Reading the changelong, I think this is a problem that Nymbia is actively trying to figure out.

The buff/debuff timers are also somewhat limited given the nature of Blizzard API for them. For example, it won't show debuffs that you contributed to if you did not start them. So, take the fire vulnerability buff from improved scorch. If you're not the one who got the first scorch in, it won't show the fire vulnerability debuff at all. I don't think those portions will ever be able to do as well as a combat-log parsing approach like that used by chronometer, enemy cast bar or antagonist. Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the Blizzard API, not the add-on itself. (btw, I certainly would not argue that it should do combat log parsing. I just mention it to highlight the difference in what it does and can do.)

On the plus side, the duration of timers you do see are guaranteed to be correct. And the castbar and related portions of the add-on are impeccable IMO. And I expect the enemy cast bar portion should soon be equally good. Frankly, these are the core features of the add-on, and it does them extremely well.
Now you really made me anxious on getting this new version of you on my hands to test it so if you need more testers pm me I will gladly help with all I can, but I'm sure you have a lot. :P

So lets just wait patenly....

***eats fingernails***

Already out?... NO?

***resume eating****
06-21-07, 02:12 PM   #33
Quagnome
An Aku'mai Servant
your the man joypunk!

Last question, I promise.

-Would you suggest the addon auctioneer, or auction 1.0(Ace)?

I would assume the auction 1.0 would work better with Mazzle (because it's an Ace download), but I've read alot of good things about Auctioneer.

Assume, makes an ASS out of U and ME!
06-21-07, 02:35 PM   #34
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I think I just mazzled myself. I'm so glad you decided to add some of this stuff (I've been using ... nearly all of what you added), it just makes so much sense to have it in there!
06-21-07, 02:51 PM   #35
lothlann
An Aku'mai Servant
Looking forward to this version some nice looking features added

Will there be functionality for blizzards new right click report spam? Sorry if i missed that, i tried a search but didnt find anything.

Also is Mazzlefizz American? Just wondering about the time zones
06-21-07, 03:08 PM   #36
Ratheri
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thumbs up

Lol... Kudos to Mazzle & everyone else involved in this project, including the addon devs themselves. A lot of the changes you made were things that I was fooling around with on my homebrew Mazzle inspired setup... bloody brilliant!
06-21-07, 04:22 PM   #37
zosopage1963
A Fallenroot Satyr
I must be a noob..

Where do I download? I am considered the "mod guy" in my guild and I would love to help test this for ya, considering it is the BEST that I have ever seen, please let me know where I can help our or is it closed beta testing?
06-21-07, 05:10 PM   #38
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by zosopage1963
Where do I download? I am considered the "mod guy" in my guild and I would love to help test this for ya, considering it is the BEST that I have ever seen, please let me know where I can help our or is it closed beta testing?
Currently this latest release is in closed beta.

Originally Posted by Mazzle

Just posted the new version to the beta group, so I thought I'd let you guys know a little more about what's in store for the next version. To pre-emptively answer the easiest question in advance, no I don't know when it will be released publically. I have a few more features I'd like to add while people try this out for a bit.

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

06-21-07, 05:30 PM   #39
Raskol
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Looks awesome, I can't wait for the next release. Any chance of a totem management addon making it into this one?
06-22-07, 01:33 AM   #40
moondoggy
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
this all sounds really great except one thing i'm not sure about,will mazzle 1.1 support right click casting?correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think original bongos allows it or i don't know how to set it up if so.i really hope i don't have to change the button addon right from the start even with a new mazzle...buts i gots to have my right click lol!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI 1.1 Preview