03-28-09, 06:22 PM   #501
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Macaroon works a bit differently than other button addons. Once you understand the concept, you should understand all bar states.

Each bar has a default state. This default state can vary in name, but is always the "primary" or home state of the bar. For many bars, this state is called "Normal". In general, the Normal state always shows.

O O O O O O O O O O O O <--Normal state, 12 buttons

Now, when you enable a state, that state will start with zero buttons -

<-- Ctrl Down state, 0 Buttons

So what you have to do is add buttons to the new state -

O O O O O O <--Ctrl Down state, 6 buttons

However, if you want a bar that only "shows" when control is held down, you will have to remove the buttons from the Normal State -

<--Normal state, 0 buttons

O O O O O O <--Ctrl Down state, 6 buttons

Now, when control is not down, no buttons show, but when control is held down, 6 buttons show.

Hope that helps

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

03-29-09, 10:09 AM   #502
Froagh
A Murloc Raider

Thanks Maul. This part I am grasping better. I will occasionally forget that the control state is where I need to start as opposed to the normal state.

The part that really confuses me is the "custom" part.

[nocombat,equipped:Fishing Poles] this line was given to me on your main page a few weeks ago. For those that do not know it will make a bar appear when I equip a fishing pole. Ideal! How do you know what to type for misc. features?

I want to create a set of bars for my Elemental spec and for Resto spec. I want them to pop up, respectively, for each talent set I train on. I can have them link to a main hand weapon or some other item if they cannot link to a talent.
That is the most elaborate thing I want to do.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thumbing through this thread for the moment. http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.php?id=221&a=faq

Last edited by Froagh : 03-30-09 at 08:12 AM.

03-30-09, 11:23 AM   #503
Froagh
A Murloc Raider

OK so I am now comprehending linked bars (sensory overload). So I will experiment a bunch there.
Would linked state bars be overkill for the "dual spec bar swap" that I mentioned above or would "custom" be more ideal? I guess ultimately we will all need to work out a method to swap out/switch up our bars for 3.1.

Ill try to work out what I can in the meantime.

03-30-09, 12:38 PM   #504
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Froagh View Post
OK so I am now comprehending linked bars (sensory overload). So I will experiment a bunch there.
Would linked state bars be overkill for the "dual spec bar swap" that I mentioned above or would "custom" be more ideal? I guess ultimately we will all need to work out a method to swap out/switch up our bars for 3.1.

Ill try to work out what I can in the meantime.
In 3.1, Macaroon handles spec swapping for you in one of two ways -

Automatically - No button layouts are changed, but Macaroon will keep track of data for each button for each spec. When you swap specs, the data in the button will be whatever it was when you were last on that spec.

Via Profiles - You can set Macaroon to swap profiles upon spec change.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

03-31-09, 12:59 PM   #505
Toragon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
help with keybindings and workhorse bars

Here is how i have bars setup
normal is a driver bar with pages

bar 2 is a workhorse bar set up with 10 buttons bindings are 1-0 and linked-to bar1 page 1. this setup for my prot spec

bar 3 is a workhorse bar setup with 10 buttons bindings are 1-0 and linked-to bar 1 page 2 this setup for my fury spec

on both workhorse bars i have this setup
[stance:1, nomod]
[stance:1, mod:shift]
[stance:1, mod:alt/ctrl]
[stance:2, nomod]
[stance:2, mod:shift]
[stance:2, mod:alt/ctrl]
[stance:3, nomod]
[stance:3, mod:shift]
[stance:3, mod:alt/ctrl]

then a have another bar with two buttons with a macro /changeactionbar 1 and other with /changeactionbar 2 i can click the buttons and they change to show the right bars.
but my keybinds on the workhorse bars are messed up when i press some of my keys it use ability on other workhorse bar that is hidden bar. can someone help me please.

04-01-09, 02:08 PM   #506
terracloud
A Murloc Raider

bindings and interaction

I recently downloaded the mod, and I love the concept, however; I want the bars to do something I can't seem to figure out how to do.

I want a driver bar that will select the appropriate bar while in a particular form (Cat, Bear, Moonkin). That much I can do.

I want the workhorse bars to share the same key bindings, ie. pressing 1 while in bear form casts bash, pressing 1 while in ToL casts Lifebloom. I cannot figure this one out.

The ideal setup is to have the driver bar show whatever the workhorse bar should display, and only display on the driver bar. The workhorse bars are all set up with a normal and alt paging, for multiple spells for each form, so alt+1 would use trinket 1 (/use 13) instead of casting lifebloom.

In addition, I would like a bar that is non-interactive, to watch for important cd's (trinkets, rebirth, etc) so I have a visual reference to what I have available to me, and use them when appropriate.

Any help in these matters would be greatly applicative.

04-01-09, 03:21 PM   #507
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

When you apply a binding to a button, and if you do not want it to loose its binding, left-click the button while in binding mode to lock it in.

When a button shows itself, it applies whatever bindings it has to itself, and removes upon hiding. Using the "locked" binding feature should give you what you want.

04-01-09, 03:22 PM   #508
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Toragon View Post
Here is how i have bars setup
normal is a driver bar with pages

bar 2 is a workhorse bar set up with 10 buttons bindings are 1-0 and linked-to bar1 page 1. this setup for my prot spec

bar 3 is a workhorse bar setup with 10 buttons bindings are 1-0 and linked-to bar 1 page 2 this setup for my fury spec

on both workhorse bars i have this setup

then a have another bar with two buttons with a macro /changeactionbar 1 and other with /changeactionbar 2 i can click the buttons and they change to show the right bars.
but my keybinds on the workhorse bars are messed up when i press some of my keys it use ability on other workhorse bar that is hidden bar. can someone help me please.

Macro conditionals need to be in order of complex -> simple. This is just the way macros work, Macaroon or not

04-01-09, 10:08 PM   #509
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
This thread is now closed and support for Macaroon has been moved to a new thread, here.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!