10-19-08, 02:18 AM   #21
gent
A Murloc Raider
Thanks Mal, that should actually fit my needs quite well. In the past I normally took the base mazzle feature set and tweaked as needed anyhow.

I run a completely different resolution than you and have got most things sorted but that damn square minimap, how do I move that. just noticed your herb tracking is fubar'd as well. If anything you've given me a good layout to model after, thanks

Last edited by gent : 10-19-08 at 02:56 AM.
10-19-08, 04:04 AM   #22
malathar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by gent View Post
Thanks Mal, that should actually fit my needs quite well. In the past I normally took the base mazzle feature set and tweaked as needed anyhow.

I run a completely different resolution than you and have got most things sorted but that damn square minimap, how do I move that. just noticed your herb tracking is fubar'd as well. If anything you've given me a good layout to model after, thanks
The herb tracking you can get to show back up by using /dmbs config -> go to the button tab, and pick the tracking button, and icon. The addon is a little screwed up and you'll have to move the icon and button to be ontop of each other, no clue why they're spread out like they are, once you get them ontop of each other, you can lock them both to keep em in place.

The minimap you actually have to edit the lua file. Do this by going to your addon folder -> LnS_Minimap -> LnS_Minimap.lua

The first 2 lines are the ones you're looking to edit. The author commented the file really well. It's just trial and error plugging in numbers til you get it where you want it. You can actually do this in game, just edit and save the file, then reloadui and the changes will take effect.
10-19-08, 04:07 AM   #23
malathar
A Cliff Giant
Here's a new screenshot with a full party out of combat. Shows it off a little better than the previous one.

10-19-08, 09:08 AM   #24
Mellowed
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Wow malathar that looks really good!, and very similar to mazzle, any chance you could post a download for us?

Edit: just saw the link on other page, very cool! although, my monitor resolution is 1680x1024

Anyone here can help Mala and show him how to set different resolutions for his mod??

(im just assuming mala that you dont know how, cause I sure dont have any idea :P)

Again, great work! very similar to mazzle, will be good for a temp replacement, and cant wait to see Yhor's when its all ready!

Last edited by Mellowed : 10-19-08 at 09:17 AM.
10-19-08, 11:14 AM   #25
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just FYI, that MalUI uses an add-on, DaPortrait, that is blatantly plagiarized code from MazzleUI, stolen by a slimy, repeat-plagiarizer named Benumbed. The add-on was pulled from respectable sites like WoWInterface.

http://www.giantrealm.com/gaming/add...py-right-wrong

You can find many other respectable projects that can fit your needs but don't use plagiarized code.
10-19-08, 12:45 PM   #26
Mellowed
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
, I'm sorry to see that this is copywright, cause I may not be a coder but i especially dont agree with copying another person's hard work. I hope there is some way this can be distributed, for a 'temp' mazzle ui?? untill the real one gets back on its feet with the new patches.
10-19-08, 12:55 PM   #27
malathar
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz View Post
Just FYI, that MalUI uses an add-on, DaPortrait, that is blatantly plagiarized code from MazzleUI, stolen by a slimy, repeat-plagiarizer named Benumbed. The add-on was pulled from respectable sites like WoWInterface.

http://www.giantrealm.com/gaming/add...py-right-wrong

You can find many other respectable projects that can fit your needs but don't use plagiarized code.
Sorry, was unaware that the addon was plagiarized. I'm no coder, I simply compiled the addons together. I will remove it and find a replacement.

Edit: Haven't found a replacement that will let me resize the models as before. So sorry guys, but guess this project is discontinued.

Last edited by malathar : 10-19-08 at 01:25 PM.
10-19-08, 02:34 PM   #28
Odyn
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by malathar View Post
Edit: Haven't found a replacement that will let me resize the models as before. So sorry guys, but guess this project is discontinued.

maybe try to use ZMobDB Advanced6
10-19-08, 03:27 PM   #29
Growler
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by malathar View Post
aven't found a replacement that will let me resize the models as before. So sorry guys, but guess this project is discontinued.
No need to stop, all you are doing is a compilation, you are not breaking anyrules, all you are doing is putting them together in a way you like and offering others a slice of your pie. Mazzle can frown on the fact that you include a mod that was ripped of his code. But his beef is with that person, not you.

Dont stop what you have done because mazzle has a axe to grind elsewhere.

Have a look at that ZMod and see if it works with your current layouts etc.
10-19-08, 03:47 PM   #30
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I think growler is entirely incorrect. You are re-distributing plagiarized code. You may be using a free host to distribute it, but I don't think it's a qualitatively different argument than the one I had with WoWAce for redistributing the same add-on or anywhere else for that matter.

Ultimately, the choice whether to be ethical is up to you. Sadly, authors have no recourse except to ask those who host it to do the right thing. And not all sites have integrity, as I learned from my experience with WoWAce and Curse gaming.

Also, you don't need to discontinue your project. I'd try zmoddb. It can certainly do what you want, and has several features that my code does not.
10-19-08, 03:52 PM   #31
Growler
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Also, you don't need to discontinue your project. I'd try zmoddb. It can certainly do what you want, and has several features that my code does not.
There you go, blessings from the man himself!
10-19-08, 04:30 PM   #32
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Does anyone know if the old Mazzle /duf layouts are still the same with updated duf?

If they aren't, does anyone have a saved layout that's close enough that I won't spend hours on elements and such? (yeah, I'm done messing with Pitbull party layout shenanigans ).
10-19-08, 04:45 PM   #33
malathar
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Does anyone know if the old Mazzle /duf layouts are still the same with updated duf?

If they aren't, does anyone have a saved layout that's close enough that I won't spend hours on elements and such? (yeah, I'm done messing with Pitbull party layout shenanigans ).
I'll gladly send you my DUF profile if you like, though you'll have to tell me which file the profiles are saved in, I can't figure it out.

Last edited by malathar : 10-19-08 at 04:50 PM.
10-19-08, 04:51 PM   #34
Growler
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Malathar,

can you rehost your pack etc, and I will have a playaround with ZmobDB too and see if i can be anyhelp.
10-19-08, 04:55 PM   #35
malathar
A Cliff Giant
Ok, I feel so dumb ... its so extremely easy to modify zModDB. My server just went down though. So give it a few minutes to come back up and I'll get the package fixed up and reuploaded.

I plan to change a few small changes, such as the minimap addon and with the main panel, so it will be more friendly to different resolutions.
10-19-08, 05:13 PM   #36
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'll just try grabbing your duf layout from there, ty
10-19-08, 05:31 PM   #37
malathar
A Cliff Giant
Well, while I'm waiting for the server to come back up (damn patch), I've got another screenshot with raidframes in this one that I can post up. Unfortunately, I don't think frames 6 7 and 8 can be disabled in sRaidFrames, so they're making it hard to see the omen window thats covering them.

10-19-08, 06:45 PM   #38
ghostdance76
A Defias Bandit
been working on ArkiveUI nice but until the resolution problem is fixed its a no go for me.
10-19-08, 06:46 PM   #39
bruj0
An Aku'mai Servant

I think growler is entirely incorrect. You are re-distributing plagiarized code. You may be using a free host to distribute it, but I don't think it's a qualitatively different argument than the one I had with WoWAce for redistributing the same add-on or anywhere else for that matter.

I thought you modified the DUF code in which case is not your copyright on that one. And in anycase im pretty sure all mods are owned somehow by blizzard its standard practice.

Cheers
10-19-08, 06:48 PM   #40
trespin
A Kobold Labourer
Throw my hat into the ring

I have used Mazzle since it first came out, was glad to give you somethin for your time Mazzle. Sorry others didn't as much as people loved this UI.

I have setup a *temp* UI until the fate of Mazzle is determined. I have used DUF as it works perfectly in 3.0.2, aloing with dominos, ZMOB, and many others to get the look and feel. I still have a ways to go, but it may be of interest or laugh to someoine.

I still have some addons to get, like the ah mod that allows to right click for searches/left click items to place in auction setup window.

Mazzle, i wish to thank you for all the hours and hours of code,headaches, and idiots you have dealt with over the years to produce this UI. I gave years ago to the Mazzle project, just would have liked to give more.

If i can help with the fixes/rewrites i will do what i can, have several years of coding experience. If i am at all needed.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » *Temporary Replacement?*