10-19-08, 07:14 PM   #41
malathar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by bruj0 View Post
I thought you modified the DUF code in which case is not your copyright on that one. And in anycase im pretty sure all mods are owned somehow by blizzard its standard practice.

Cheers
The code for the portraits are entirely seperate from Discord Unit Frames. The discord unit frames portraits are hidden.
10-19-08, 07:54 PM   #42
malathar
A Cliff Giant
Alright guys, I think I have everything fixed up pretty well, and I've uploaded here on wowinterface. Just do a search for MalaUI. I uploaded it in 2 parts, the interface folder, and the WTF folder. So any changes that need to be made won't be such a big upload to the site. The WTF folder is up and ready, the interface folder should be in a moment.
10-19-08, 07:55 PM   #43
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
my attempt

ok so i had an attempt to recreate the much loved "MazzleUI" still a work in progress but its useable

can i also ask Mazzlefizz, why havent you updated, to my understanding you no longer play wow but i have seen in other posts that people, myself included would be happy to pay to have the ui

is this something you have thought about?. just seems you dont want to continue the project but dont want anyone else to either just seems a little selfish to me thats all

i dont mean to be rude just want an honest answer as do many people i feel

anyway my crude attempt

this does have 3d portraits just donot show when not in range of party

Last edited by mikey2k : 10-19-08 at 07:57 PM. Reason: left something out
10-19-08, 08:03 PM   #44
Growler
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by malathar View Post
Alright guys, I think I have everything fixed up pretty well, and I've uploaded here on wowinterface. Just do a search for MalaUI. I uploaded it in 2 parts, the interface folder, and the WTF folder. So any changes that need to be made won't be such a big upload to the site. The WTF folder is up and ready, the interface folder should be in a moment.
Nice.

Do you have a updated screeny with the new zmobdb in use?
10-19-08, 08:06 PM   #45
malathar
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Growler View Post
Nice.

Do you have a updated screeny with the new zmobdb in use?
I haven't noticed any difference in how it looks. But I'm about to do ZA, so I'll get an updated combat shot to upload.
10-19-08, 08:43 PM   #46
PlUmPaSsChIcKeN
A Murloc Raider
I'm having no luck so far. I'm a complete moron though.

I'm pretty sure I have done all of the steps and I have come up with the following:

10-19-08, 08:44 PM   #47
Growler
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by PlUmPaSsChIcKeN View Post

I'm pretty sure I have done all of the steps and I have come up with the following:
Mate the only thing that looks wrong there is that macaroon isint on/activated. Everything else looks ok, So check macaroon, amke sure you have load out of date addons activated too.
10-19-08, 08:57 PM   #48
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Growler View Post
Mate the only thing that looks wrong there is that macaroon isint on/activated. Everything else looks ok, So check macaroon, amke sure you have load out of date addons activated too.

I have the same problem with macaroon (tried it, never could get the default to go away).

Question about .rar. Is there a TRUE free version out there (lots of free trials, but I'm not interested in a trial). I can't believe WoWI started allowing .rar instead of their former strict .zip only uploading. Looks like I'm not stealing the duf settings from that one lol.
10-19-08, 09:04 PM   #49
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
I have the same problem with macaroon (tried it, never could get the default to go away).

Question about .rar. Is there a TRUE free version out there (lots of free trials, but I'm not interested in a trial). I can't believe WoWI started allowing .rar instead of their former strict .zip only uploading. Looks like I'm not stealing the duf settings from that one lol.
http://www.7-zip.org/
10-19-08, 09:07 PM   #50
malathar
A Cliff Giant

Erm .. sorry, somehow the profile for macaroon didn't save, I'm reuploading the folder now.
10-19-08, 09:13 PM   #51
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thanks Aygen!
10-19-08, 10:11 PM   #52
Wardog72
A Fallenroot Satyr
I followed the provided instructions but all the buttons are all over the bottom. Pet bar is wonkily placed too. Which addon will allow me to move those buttons? I tried autobar, macaroon but not really sure. This is the 4th UI I've tried since Mazzle crapped out (SpartanUI was working great so far) but I'm preferable to use a MazzleUI clone like this
10-19-08, 10:39 PM   #53
malathar
A Cliff Giant
Macaroon is the action bar addon. The first time I uploaded it, the profile didn't save. So make sure you downloaded version 1.1 of MalaUI WTF.
10-19-08, 10:44 PM   #54
PlUmPaSsChIcKeN
A Murloc Raider
I'm probably guessing gatherer isn't incorporated into this.

I have yet to try this on my mage or priest, but I don't know if this will have a button layout already set for them.

I'm triple boxing so I need all three to look pretty much exactly the same.

I'll post more as it comes along, but so far everything looks great. It isn't mazzle but it sure as hell comes close to it.

Edit: Ty Mal... thought it was bartender4.

Last edited by PlUmPaSsChIcKeN : 10-19-08 at 10:46 PM.
10-19-08, 11:00 PM   #55
PlUmPaSsChIcKeN
A Murloc Raider
Here is what I've got so far:

Pic of mapster:

In combat screen:

How do I make so that DoTimer shows the DoTs on the mobs that I don't have targeted. I've had that setting before, just don't know where it is.

Also, what were to happen if I change my resolution to 1280X800?

I don't want to risk having to redo this all over again.

Last edited by PlUmPaSsChIcKeN : 10-19-08 at 11:46 PM.
10-19-08, 11:54 PM   #56
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

DoTimer was a pain for me to get set up the way I like as well . It's still the best out there for what it does ('til others get updates).

Thanks for the DuF wtf MalaUI, I robbed and tweeked it to my set up . SS below, with the Geist bar worked in as the Context menu (on keybind attached to mouse); I use it for my "oh crap" spells. Picked up sRaid frames as well due to being more familiar with it. Working on getting hotspots to work for a few things also, I have them mapped out (I just to grab the script to make them work).

SS solo

SS of Party layout
10-20-08, 12:09 AM   #57
PlUmPaSsChIcKeN
A Murloc Raider
been playing for a while and I must say i am really liking this. I really like way SCT is set up, my dmg on the left and pet dmg on the right.

This is a great set up, awesome job Malathar.

If I could just get DoTimer to show all the mobs/players that have my DoTs, it would be great.

Also, where is the XP bar?

Maybe I've missed it or something >.<

Yhor your setup is looking really good, I'd give yours and a try but I finally get to start lvling again XD

Need to hit 70 on all toons by expansion.
10-20-08, 12:11 AM   #58
malathar
A Cliff Giant
I'm probably guessing gatherer isn't incorporated into this.

I have yet to try this on my mage or priest, but I don't know if this will have a button layout already set for them.

I'm triple boxing so I need all three to look pretty much exactly the same.

I'll post more as it comes along, but so far everything looks great. It isn't mazzle but it sure as hell comes close to it.

Edit: Ty Mal... thought it was bartender4.
No I don't use gatherer, but you should have no problem just installing it as you normally would as long as it is compatible with mapster.

To get this to work on all of your characters, go into your WTF folder and make a copy of the folder with your characters name and rename it for each of your other toons. The button layout will be the same, unless you go in and change it, it'll just show ? in the button slots, which you'll just put your spells in it.

I have the xp bar hidden, to make it visible again do the following.
/duf -> on the left select XP Bar and you'll see a check mark beside Hide, uncheck this.

To the right of the hide options are 4 red arrows, below that is a place for an x and y coordinate, plug in numbers til you get it to about where you want it, and you can use the arrows to nudge it.

If you want to make it larger, click on the special tab and you can set the height and width there.

Also, you should be able to change the resolution, and still be able to go back and everything be where it was. I'm not sure what all will get thrown out of whack, just give it a try and see. Though I'm thinking the eePanels are not going to stretch out.

Last edited by malathar : 10-20-08 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Edited to add more
10-20-08, 12:20 AM   #59
malathar
A Cliff Giant
To make DoTimer show all targets do the following.

/dot
and in the menu the top option of the second column is Show Only Target, uncheck this. And you can play around in there to make it sort the targets vertically or horizontally and a few other things.
10-20-08, 12:44 AM   #60
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yhor your setup is looking really good, I'd give yours and a try but I finally get to start lvling again XD

Need to hit 70 on all toons by expansion.
Yeah, I likely won't be releasing until I get it exactly the way I want it (still needs a lot of work). As a side note, I didn't think I'd like playing without the "cave", but I've found it to be more screen real estate available by ditching it.

Now for the steady noob questions (again).

1) Is there an easy way to disembed libraries, or do you have to do this manually?

2) Has anyone figured out the situation for the red agro screen, and if so, how hard is it to implement into a fresh ui?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » *Temporary Replacement?*