07-22-10, 04:11 AM   #1
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Forte problem

Hey guys!

Have a problem which I can't seem to solve on my own, so figured I'd ask here.

In my latest compilation I'm using Forte for cooldown/debuff/ability monitoring. I'll just start off with a screenshot of my problem since I've kind of reached the limit of my skills at English at this moment.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you can see, the backdrop in the forte-window wont stretch out all the way to the border. It's simply a thin line in the middle. I've tried to set this up in different ways in the forte config, and it seems that when I size up my border texture, the background gets smaller and smaller, and unfortunately I haven't found an option to make the background bigger again. Usually addons have a "background inset" option but i cant find one.

Anyone that can shed some light on this one for me?

Last edited by lerb : 07-22-10 at 04:14 AM.
07-22-10, 04:51 AM   #2
xandora
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

You may be using a texture that isn't being scaled correctly by Forte. Probably a statusbar texture instead of a background texture?
07-22-10, 05:20 AM   #3
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

Hm that sounds very likely, I'll get right to it!

Edit: Hm. No that doesn't seem to fix the problem. I tried a couple of textures, and they actually do scale as they should, except they dont cover the last maybe 20 pixels out to the borders. If i have 2 or 8 bars running doesnt seem to matter, its still about 20 pixels between background border. Just as if i had set an "Background inset" option to "-20".

Here's a screen of my settings, if that helps. I've stared and this and tried different things without any luck.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by lerb : 07-22-10 at 05:39 AM.
07-22-10, 05:57 PM   #4
cormanthor
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
It may not be the solution you're looking for, but a possible work-around would be to use a solid color background, as opposed to an image.
07-24-10, 09:20 AM   #5
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by cormanthor View Post
It may not be the solution you're looking for, but a possible work-around would be to use a solid color background, as opposed to an image.
Yeah but the option "frame background" changes the color of the border aswell, so that doesn't really work either, since i want the color of the border to match the other borders in the UI.

One thing i've noticed though is that the custom border and background that i am using are both .png files, and the "original" borders and backgrounds that comes with Forte is .blp files. Does this matter, and what are .blp files? Obviously textures, but why the odd extention?
07-24-10, 10:33 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I didn't think WoW read .png files. .blp and .tga though, it does.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-24-10, 04:59 PM   #7
Phanx
Cat.

The Mac WoW client does read PNG files (and can take PNG screenshots), but the Windows client does not, or at least not correctly.
07-25-10, 12:47 AM   #8
xandora
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I did a bit of experimenting and found that the border size actually decreases the background size.

Try setting that value of 16 you have to something like 1 and see if you get any better results.
07-26-10, 09:37 AM   #9
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I didn't think WoW read .png files. .blp and .tga though, it does.
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
The Mac WoW client does read PNG files (and can take PNG screenshots), but the Windows client does not, or at least not correctly.
Yeah, sorry, you're right. I ment .tga, not .png Cheers. But again, what's the big difference on .tga and .blp?

Originally Posted by xandora View Post
I did a bit of experimenting and found that the border size actually decreases the background size.

Try setting that value of 16 you have to something like 1 and see if you get any better results.
I did what you said, and yes you're right! The border does get awfully thin, so thin that no matter what border you choose, they all look the same. :/

Here's where i mean a "background inset" option would be awesome.
Bordersize set to 16 results in a to small background. But a "background inset" value of 16 would bring it up to size again.
But, i guess from the (very limited) lua knowledge i have that this would require some, or a lot of work Suppose it's easier to not use a background, or just go with the original one. :/
07-26-10, 12:41 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
sounds like it's already changing the background inset, but that it's linked to the border size.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Forte problem