10-31-10, 08:24 AM   #21
Conspiracy
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Kongle View Post
Preaching? No my good Sir. Was only stating my anger over ppl bitching for something that is free in the first place... And him taking down site when he is maybe hours away from releasing... Well yes.. alot of ppl hammering the site to see if theres any updates... its common sense.

I cant see why u got offended by my comment earlier tho. i wasnt targeting those who asked informal questions...

this thread is for people waiting, keep the blood boiling makes u feel alive lol's..

regarding site back up to other poster before you , thanks for update will check in a min..

form an orderly que to smack lou's ass with a bit of 2x4...
10-31-10, 08:26 AM   #22
Femika
A Murloc Raider
Quoted from a post of Lui web forum (An admin)

'i had shut down the domain and the forum for some hours.
this is a result of massiv forum and server attack by two persons. i hope that they haven't any reason to do this again.
at this moment i am talking with loui and it sounders very very good for the upcoming release.

LUI is very near. but read:

Please do not open thousands of topics. he is working very very hard to bring up the next version. Please stay tuned.

if i have some new stuatus updates for you, i will post it. but let him finishing his work. '
10-31-10, 08:26 AM   #23
tirral24
A Murloc Raider

wow-lui.com

still not working on my end so not sure what happened. and as for the qq a few of us have donated a decent sum of money to this project and keep getting the run around. if he wants to close up shop and not do lui thats his choice but SOME kinda message would be nice.
10-31-10, 08:29 AM   #24
cashdash
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by elerrina View Post
I think most of us have waited pleanty long enough, its getting tedious being given time to expect a release and then it not being met once again. If you cant keep to it dont say it in the first place.

He said friday or saturday night, here we are sunday afternoon and surprise surprise no addon update and no information about why the sites down and no ability to post on the addon comments now either.
The site is up again, and one of the Site Administration team has posted, that some idiots have tried to attack the site over and over again, thus he shut it down.

i had shut down the domain and the forum for some hours.
this is a result of massiv forum and server attack by two persons. i hope that they haven't any reason to do this again.
at this moment i am talking with loui and it sounders very very good for the upcoming release.

LUI is very near. but read:

Please do not open thousands of topics. he is working very very hard to bring up the next version. Please stay tuned.

if i have some new stuatus updates for you, i will post it. but let him finishing his work.
http://web3.india025.server4you.de/b...p=13942#p13942
10-31-10, 08:33 AM   #25
Lemone
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by cashdash View Post
The site is up again, and one of the Site Administration team has posted, that some idiots have tried to attack the site over and over again, thus he shut it down.

http://web3.india025.server4you.de/b...p=13942#p13942
What a bunch of crap. I mean where does that guy get all those lame excuses from!!!???!???
10-31-10, 08:42 AM   #26
Ariele
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Lemone View Post
What a bunch of crap. I mean where does that guy get all those lame excuses from!!!???!???
Oh FFS then find another UI. Geez move on if you dont like him.
Its a freaking ui for a game not a thing you cant live without.
10-31-10, 08:44 AM   #27
cashdash
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Lemone View Post
And you know it better?

Get a life its only a game and LUI is just a stupid addon for it.

If you can't play without it, i'm sorry for ya, because its sad that people like this can't play a game like it's intendet to.....

And at the guy Below me:

Give us a Break you Troll, ya know everything better, so shut the **** up and get your a** out of here.....

Last edited by cashdash : 10-31-10 at 08:46 AM.
10-31-10, 08:44 AM   #28
Titaan
A Kobold Labourer
classic. Feel bad for the people who donated, because he just took your money and rannnnnn. SEE YAAA
10-31-10, 08:48 AM   #29
Sylor
A Murloc Raider
Sinaris can not moderate a forum. He thinks it means to moderate a forum close any topic where people talk about the update. Last night I went to a topic open for several days, the one who spoke of the state to update the UI and other members wondered why he was not ready when the only thing missing was "ouf" that should not be implemented in the beta. Sinaris also closed this topic. Tell me if this is the ability to moderate a forum
10-31-10, 09:15 AM   #30
Lezcrox
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I just wish we could get some sort of news about the site. ( For me it's still down.. )
And if the update will be in the following week.
I am a big fan of Loui, and his work.
And i do not mind waiting.
But still.. Wouldnt harm that it was released today..
But Loui is a man that only releases an update if he is 105% sure that it works without bugs.
And that is why we are lucky that he releases a Beta. If he DIDNT we had to wait like 1 week to 6 months.
So hang in there Loui, knowing we still are some faithfull people that sits pressing F5 10 times each minute, dying to get the release.
10-31-10, 09:32 AM   #31
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Wow, the creator of LUI should be proud to have such die hard fans!!!!
10-31-10, 09:39 AM   #32
Drizztcz
A Kobold Labourer

People are simply consufed due lack of the informations/updates. We all have been waitin' quite long for release and now this. So yeah, people are pissed, people are angry. And ya wonder why?
10-31-10, 09:41 AM   #33
Thornnd
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
My take on this matter

My guess is that:

a) they are cleaning up the forums in preparation for a new release, including such things as writing what will probably amount to some long posts and faqs. They are also probably re-pinning this new information and cleaning up old information.

b) at some point I would guess they need to update the site graphics and site information to reflect the new UI changes, which are significant.

So, patience is my suggestion. Loui doesn't seem like the type to disappear without some kind of notice.

Cheers,
Thornnd
10-31-10, 09:41 AM   #34
Sylor
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
We know that he is free and for this we thank the author. But when creating an addon of this type you must also provide answers to users and keep them updated. Loui said that he would be ready on Saturday night (yesterday). Because there will come, it would have been nice of him to give us an update. I think we not asking too much
10-31-10, 09:46 AM   #35
potis
A Murloc Raider
As people said before..He gave updates..

At 5am (Somewhere in europe) he said it would be ready in 2 hours..
At 7am he said he needed 60-90mins for a final check and changelog writing
At around 1pm 5 hours after..He said that his friend that tested it said there was something wrong with Holy Power/Eclipse/Shards right before he uploaded it
At ~2pm the site went down without any single info..

Thats why people are frustrated :>
10-31-10, 09:54 AM   #36
leovinous
A Murloc Raider
I have great respect for the man in his creation of the UI, on the other hand if you are just updating the web site even for pictures or for the PHP for the forums. You don't completely remove the web site.

if he did just take the money and run that is very sad, because the UI that he created was a very good piece of work. I hope that i am wrong and the web site may come back.

I can only hold my breath for so long, then i will move on to another UI.
10-31-10, 09:55 AM   #37
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Ferous View Post

Not to play devils advocate or anything, but it would take the guy two seconds to toss up an index.htm file that said "We'll be back up soon, please be patient!". Two seconds to FTP upload a single file.
10-31-10, 10:06 AM   #38
Lezcrox
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I think that Lui is dead.
Thanks for all the good work Lui, but I just wish you would give us some info.. :/
10-31-10, 10:12 AM   #39
Starwarsftw
A Murloc Raider
Been up since 6 am europe time, this morning waiting on LUI.
His work is totally amazing.
He will bring it up for sure just be patient

LUI For president!

Last edited by Starwarsftw : 10-31-10 at 10:34 AM.
10-31-10, 10:41 AM   #40
Lezcrox
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Its Coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lezcrox
Just giving you a headsup. But i guess you know that already.
Is it because the update is out now?
The update will be available within the next few minutes.. the website is down because the server is down. there were too many requests.

Got an answer from Lui!
Oh GOD!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Loui - LUI Suite wat be happening.