02-06-07, 02:07 AM   #1
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
OLD Bug Report Thread OLD

This thread is a place to post and discuss bugs, i.e. errors or things that are not behaving in the way that they are intended. To be clear:
  • This is not a place for questions.
  • This is not a place for suggestions.
  • This is not a place for feature requests.
I encourage you to verify problems other people have posted, adding more information from your experiences if possible. Also, be precise and thorough in your posts. Things you should include:
  • Description of what happened and what led to it. What mazzifier settings you used, if applicable.
  • If there's an error message, the exact error. You can click on the bugsack icon to get the full error. Simple cut and paste it from that window into your bug report.
  • Your aspect ratio or resolution
  • Class, level, race
  • Which button layout you chose (if it has to do with buttons)
  • Any extra add-ons you may be using
  • A screenshot, if applicable
To keep things clean and on point, I'll be deleting posts that don't meet these guidelines.

And please try to use correct spelling and grammar. Complete sentences and paragraphs go a long way. It's hard enough trying to figure out what people mean.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 02-07-07 at 04:17 PM.

02-06-07, 02:12 AM   #2
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'll try to keep this list up to date. If it's on the confirmed list, you don't have to report it unless you have additional information that may help. If it's in the unconfirmed list, please do verify it and give me as much additional information as possible.

Confirmed Issues:
  1. Raid groups are being organized by class, messing up the layouts.
    • To fix this go to DeuceCommander in your Fubar and select the following: Raid, then sRaid, then Filter Sets, then Set:By group, then Use This Set. You should then get the proper layouts and be able to hot switch them via the MazzleUI Fubar entry.

2. Right clicking MazzleUI logo doesn't cycle layouts. After applying the above fix, you should be able to switch layouts again via the MazzleUI Fubar entry.

3. Bars in MazzleUI druid/warrior/rogue layout will stop changing based on stance if you use any of the Blizzard page changing bindings, which causes the Bongos page-changing mechanism to go out of sync. It's very easy to do this accidentally, especially the shift-mousewheel combo.
    • I'd recommend unbinding all Blizzard page-changing bindings when playing classes that change forms/stances/stealth; they are under the action bars category in the bindings.
    • If you do want to rebind the forms/stances/stealth buttons, use the Bongos binding mechanism. Read the layout description to see what the default bindings are.

4. Nametags and nameplates are behaving weird. Efficiency modes may not be reliably changing them or something else may be resetting them. Nevertheless, make sure to fist understand efficiency modes, and change the efficieny mode name tags settings to your preference before concluding you are having this problem.

5. Shard Ace is sorting shards into incorrect bags. Warlocks will get "You can't put that there." messages. Use DeuceCommander to turn off that ShardAce feature or change its settings to point it to the correct shard bag.

6. Shard Ace firestone button is not being hidden correctly

7. If you choose the circular button option, the context menu won't show textures. You can download the latest version of cyCircled, which does work with the context menu.

8. Context menu hotspot doesn't show tooltup when mouse is over it. It does show when it's near it though. To use the hotspot, click in the middle of that area, just like all the other hotspots.

9. MyBindings2 is not able to bind stuff to the mousewheel. If you need to bind something to the mousewheel, temporarily turn of MyBindings2, create your binding, then turn it back on.

10. Can't click on fizzwidget's tracking button when target selected. (ToT hotspot takes priority over it and I haven't figured out a way to change it)

11. SmartBuff does not reliably stop using the mousewheel to buff.

Foreign-language WoW Issues:
  1. Foreign language users are not able to choose from all the button layouts. See the foreign language thread for workarounds.

2. French WoW users cannot Mazzify when SmartBuff and SmartDebuff are enabled. Disable those add-ons before Mazzifying. You can re-enable afterwards and configure on your own.

3. Durability displays is inaccurate on German client.

Unconfirmed Issues:
  1. Smart Debuff may be placed off-screen on lower aspect ratios. Try deleting your SmartDebuff settings in your saved variables folder.

2. Some people are unable to hot-swap to different MT window positions.

3. Recap/SWStats will sometimes miss one person in party.

Known Limitations:
  • Most 2.0/BC Skills are not yet incorporated in the layouts.

• Some button layout descriptions also haven't been updated and may have some inaccurate information. Similarly, pictures still show DAB control boxes like Fire/Frost, Offensive/Healing that are no longer possible. (You can still switch that functionality using normal blizzard paging in most layouts.)

• Many Bongos settings changes will cause the bars to snap back to their layout position.
    • This is so changes in size, scale, etc will require minimal adjustments to bar position. In most cases, this makes thing incredibly easier to modify. Unfortunately, there is no current way to change what the anchors it snaps back to are. So, if you are trying to make a wildly different layout, you may find this aspect troublesome. As a work-around, you can either move the bars last, so you don't trigger the snapping back, or type this in:

/script MazzleUI.UpdateBarPositions = function() end

• When choosing the large or Mr. Magoo text sizes, the text in the Mazzifier in future mazzifications will go out of bounds.

• Mousing over items doesn't reliably show EQCompare tooltip. Clicking will show it fine though.

• StatusWindows clock sometimes displays weird from 12:00am to 1:00am. (long time problem)

• Mazzifier does not always turn bottom/side bars off.

• Some macs have crashing issues. These don't seem to be MazzleUI-related, though they may be add-on related. See the Mac thread for more info.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 02-21-07 at 11:06 PM.

02-07-07, 03:36 PM   #3
Lethalweapon
A Cyclonian
All of the resolutions were set fine on mine but I see a small overlap with my pet and my name over the little chat tabs ontop of the chat. No biggie but I will keep reporting any other issues I see to you

02-07-07, 03:44 PM   #4
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Lethalweapon
All of the resolutions were set fine on mine but I see a small overlap with my pet and my name over the little chat tabs ontop of the chat. No biggie but I will keep reporting any other issues I see to you
If I remember correctly, this was made this way. The chat tabs are invisible most of the time so the postioning was set as to save space.

02-07-07, 04:14 PM   #5
Trycatchme
A Defias Bandit
Switching stances druid

Hi,

The changings of bar pages works fine when switching to bear form. However when I switch to cat form the action bar page stays the same. And when I switch to travel form the action bar page is switched to the cat action bar.

It seems that the mod handeling the action bars (bongos) have mixed up the travel and cat form. I've checked the settings for the stance bar switches and they seem to be fine so my guess is that the fault lies somewhere in the code not in the actual settings.

Or I might just do somethign wrong..

Regards

02-07-07, 04:16 PM   #6
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Trycatchme
Hi,

The changings of bar pages works fine when switching to bear form. However when I switch to cat form the action bar page stays the same. And when I switch to travel form the action bar page is switched to the cat action bar.

It seems that the mod handeling the action bars (bongos) have mixed up the travel and cat form. I've checked the settings for the stance bar switches and they seem to be fine so my guess is that the fault lies somewhere in the code not in the actual settings.

Or I might just do somethign wrong..

Regards
Well, one thing you're doing wrong is not reporting all the information needed. Please see the first post.

02-07-07, 04:43 PM   #7
Trycatchme
A Defias Bandit
Sorry about that.
Another try shall we

1. I used defaults with the druid action bar options were you the buttons would be placed by them selves.

2. No errors from BugSack

3. 1280x960

4. NE, Druid, lvl 33

5. Mazzlefizz druids layout

6. No extra addons at all

7. Travel -> http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?i...7232718ep3.jpg
Cat -> http://img65.imageshack.us/my.php?im...7232728sa7.jpg
Bear -> http://img67.imageshack.us/my.php?im...7234106gm3.jpg

02-07-07, 05:59 PM   #8
dylanix
A Murloc Raider
Whenever I log in, I get a Error Reporter popping up from Blizzard. The report is fairly long, but here seems to be the part that describes the issue.

=========================================================
Assertion Failed!

App: /Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app
File: /Volumes/F1/usrbuild/xb/build/WoW_6337patch2.0.6/WoW/Source/Mac/../../../Engine/Source/Frame/CLayoutFrame.cpp
Line: 806
Error Code: 0x85100086
Time: 2007-02-07 17.43.49 CST

Assertion: scale

---------------------------------------------------------
I play in maximized windowed mode, which looks like full screen, but gives me access to my second monitor to keep Ventrilo and my web browser up. When the Error Reporter comes up , the menu bar at the top of my screen appears, blocking my Fubar (Screenshot 1 ). So, I hit Command-M to put it in a window and once again to bring it "full-screen". This causes the UI to break with the minimap going black and the buttons covered by it(Screenshot 2 ), forcing me to /console reloadui. Quite an annoying problem to have every time you log in.

I am playing a level 34 Draenei Hunter, running with a 1.6 aspect ratio, 1680x1050 (wide) on a Mac Pro with no extra add-ons.

If you need any more hardware specs or the extended error message from the Blizzard Error Reporter, I'll gladly give them.

02-07-07, 05:59 PM   #9
Chimera_2001
A Murloc Raider
I'm not too sure this post belongs in here so please do move it if it's not the right place... seems to be a default settings issue (nothiing is reported in bugsack for example).

I've got a minor glitch with baggins and soul shard plaement - it seems to place a small number (3 or 4) of the shards into the backpack & not the shard bag, even though there is plenty of room in the soul pouch.

If I try to move these itinerant shards into the soul pouch, "something" (I'm guessing it's a baggins item type filter) moves them straight back to the backpack. & outputs a bunch of "that item doesn't go in that container" messages

I've also tried clearing my stock of shards & gethering new ones to make sure it's nothing to do with my existing shards on install - no change there either. furthermore, if i destroy one of the shards in the backpack, another shard in the soulbag is moved to the backpack & more "item doesn't belong..." messages are output.

Fresh Mazzle UI install (no extra mods)
Smart buff disabled
Simple layout
Warlock class mods enabled
lvl 64 Human lock

Last edited by Chimera_2001 : 02-07-07 at 06:28 PM.

02-07-07, 06:16 PM   #10
Kamishimi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by dylanix
Whenever I log in, I get a Error Reporter popping up from Blizzard. The report is fairly long, but here seems to be the part that describes the issue.

I play in maximized windowed mode, which looks like full screen, but gives me access to my second monitor to keep Ventrilo and my web browser up. When the Error Reporter comes up , the menu bar at the top of my screen appears, blocking my Fubar (Screenshot 1 ). So, I hit Command-M to put it in a window and once again to bring it "full-screen". This causes the UI to break with the minimap going black and the buttons covered by it(Screenshot 2 ), forcing me to /console reloadui. Quite an annoying problem to have every time you log in.

I am playing a level 34 Draenei Hunter, running with a 1.6 aspect ratio, 1680x1050 (wide) on a Mac Pro with no extra add-ons.

If you need any more hardware specs or the extended error message from the Blizzard Error Reporter, I'll gladly give them.

The bug you are citing is not anything with MazzleUI, but rather a bug in the latest Mac build of World of Warcraft. Mazzlefizz can't do anything to stop actual program crashes because that is, for the most part, all Blizzard-side.

MazzleUI v1.0 Coming Soon to an Interface Near You!
http://mazzlefizz.wowinterface.com/

02-07-07, 06:22 PM   #11
Durzil
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Chimera_2001
I'm not too sure this post belongs in here so please do move it if it's not the right place... seems to be a default settings issue (nothiing is reported in bugsack for example).

I've got a minor glitch with baggins and soul shard plaement - it seems to place a small number (3 or 4) of the shards into the backpack & not the shard bag, even though there is plenty of room in the soul pouch.

If I try to move these itinerant shards into the soul pouch, "something" (I'm guessing it's a baggins item type filter) moves them straight back to the backpack. & outputs a bunch of "that item doesn't go in that container" messages

I've also tried clearing my stock of shards & gethering new ones to make sure it's nothing to do with my existing shards on install - no change there either. furthermore, if i destroy one of the shards in the backpack, another shard in the soulbag is moved to the backpack & more "item doesn't belong..." messages are output.

Fresh Mazzle UI install (no extra mods)
Smart buff disabled
Simple layout
Warlock class mods enabled
Originally Posted by Durzil
This is caused by the autosort option in shardace, is the soulshard bag the last bag you have? I beilve its set to sort stuff to that bag. In mazzleUI when you show the bags this would be the spot all the way to the left, also you can look at shardace options here on the website there all slash commands and could turn that off or change it to sort to a diff spot. Let me know if this fixes your problem
That fixed it, thank you! The default setting for the sort was bag 0, so I entered "/sa shardsort bag 4" for the far left bag.

Read Above
Give Locks Green Fire!!!

02-07-07, 06:49 PM   #12
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Question Possible Mail error

When taking a polearm I had just bought out of the mail box in darnassus I recieved this error
[2007/02/08 00:28:41-6-x1]: CharacterInfoStorage-0.1.25921\CharacterInfoStorage.lua:333: attempt to concatenate local 'itemString' (a nil value)

Resolution = 1024x768
Paladin, lvl 56, Human Female
Extra addons = Tbag, MetaHud, locationFU, ELKBuffBars, IgorsMassAuction

no screenshot as there was no graphical error.

02-07-07, 09:28 PM   #13
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I can confirm this issue in the BG (AV in this case, alliance-side), but not in a non-BG environment. Right-clicking the Mazzle logo does not modify the raid layout in any way (left click does what it's supposed to). It only stays in a sorted-by-class layout. If this is a result of the new secure frames in 2.0, then I apologize (I was not in combat when I attempted to change, though others on the map may have been of course).

I'm working from a clean install of Mazzle (no added or removed mods at the time of testing). Also, the option to allow Mazzle to modify the raid frames was enabled. I attempted to go into sRaidframes options and configure it myself to sort by group/class manually with no effect. No BugSack errors, 1920x1200, 67/Gnome/Mage.

02-07-07, 09:33 PM   #14
dylanix
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Kamishimi

The bug you are citing is not anything with MazzleUI, but rather a bug in the latest Mac build of World of Warcraft. Mazzlefizz can't do anything to stop actual program crashes because that is, for the most part, all Blizzard-side.
This is what I assumed, as it was not an in-game error message that appeared. It did not happen before I installed MazzleUI, however. Just wondering if anyone had any clue as to which part of the UI conflicted with the software, or if there was a similar case for anyone else.

Guess I'll just work around it.

02-07-07, 09:34 PM   #15
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Arkive
I can confirm this issue in the BG (AV in this case, alliance-side), but not in a non-BG environment. Right-clicking the Mazzle logo does not modify the raid layout in any way (left click does what it's supposed to). It only stays in a sorted-by-class layout. If this is a result of the new secure frames in 2.0, then I apologize (I was not in combat when I attempted to change, though others on the map may have been of course).

I'm working from a clean install of Mazzle (no added or removed mods at the time of testing). Also, the option to allow Mazzle to modify the raid frames was enabled. I attempted to go into sRaidframes options and configure it myself to sort by group/class manually with no effect. No BugSack errors, 1920x1200, 67/Gnome/Mage.
Did you try selecting a different layout from the MazzleUI Fubar entry? To be honest, I haven't tried the right-click thing in quite some time. It's so much easier to select the exact layout from the menu now.

02-07-07, 09:40 PM   #16
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by dylanix
This is what I assumed, as it was not an in-game error message that appeared. It did not happen before I installed MazzleUI, however. Just wondering if anyone had any clue as to which part of the UI conflicted with the software, or if there was a similar case for anyone else.

Guess I'll just work around it.
There's another user named Mortlach who has been trying to figure out similar mac issues. You might want to talk to him and perhaps figure it out together. You can try starting a thread on it called "Mac Issue Troubleshooting".

From the sounds of it, this seems to be a more general issue on the mac side as there have been reports on the tech forums of similar crashes. It may still be add-on related, but it's probably not something being done that's illegal. It's probably just something that the mac version doesn't handle well right now. Since I can't recreate it, I really can't help other than offer suggestions as you try to figure it out on your own.

02-07-07, 09:42 PM   #17
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Mechrior
When taking a polearm I had just bought out of the mail box in darnassus I recieved this error
[2007/02/08 00:28:41-6-x1]: CharacterInfoStorage-0.1.25921\CharacterInfoStorage.lua:333: attempt to concatenate local 'itemString' (a nil value)

Resolution = 1024x768
Paladin, lvl 56, Human Female
Extra addons = Tbag, MetaHud, locationFU, ELKBuffBars, IgorsMassAuction

no screenshot as there was no graphical error.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure that's an issue I manually fixed a version or two ago. Did you do a clean install? Perhaps you're somehow using an older version of characterinfo.

02-07-07, 09:43 PM   #18
Kamishimi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
There's another user named Mortlach who has been trying to figure out similar mac issues. You might want to talk to him and perhaps figure it out together. You can try starting a thread on it called "Mac Issue Troubleshooting".

From the sounds of it, this seems to be a more general issue on the mac side as there have been reports on the tech forums of similar crashes. It may still be add-on related, but it's probably not something being done that's illegal. It's probably just something that the mac version doesn't handle well right now. Since I can't recreate it, I really can't help other than offer suggestions as you try to figure it out on your own.
The two bugs that they both described, the black minimap one and the crashes when minimizing and maximizing the window, are both recognized bugs. One of the Mac development team members at Blizzard is working on it last I heard from him, but I'll let you know if he sends me any updates. (Btw, that's not something widely known publically...I've just seen him on the Apple internal WoW mailing list.)

MazzleUI v1.0 Coming Soon to an Interface Near You!
http://mazzlefizz.wowinterface.com/

02-07-07, 10:17 PM   #19
Kninida
A Murloc Raider
Hallo,

I am using a german client to play wow.
The durability-window under my character doesen't seem to work. It stays constantly at 100%. Actually i do not know if it's a bug or i have do something wrong at the installation.

Btw
I love your artwork mazzle

02-07-07, 10:31 PM   #20
Masterqu
A Murloc Raider
Question One more issue

Ok so I found the bug site, and fixed my shards going to the right pouch TY all.

Now I have another Shard ace issue....For some odd reason the fire stone button is hanging out in the upper right quadrent of my screen. Just hangin out in the way. I cant seem to move the bugger. Any help would be appreciated.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Bug Report Thread OLD