02-11-07, 12:30 PM   #41
AstralWolf
Premium Member
Premium Member
Would it be possible to have an option (maybe another checkbox on the actionbar layout mazzify step) to use EDSFWR for movement instead of WSADQE? I know it's a pain if you are used to using WSAD, but making the shift only takes a week or so and the benefit of opening up the QA keys and V key for quick reactions makes it worth it for those who do.

(As a side benefit, your hands are then on the "home" keys for typing chat messages).

Anyway, just a suggestion as an option for folks.
02-11-07, 07:24 PM   #42
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ringleron
Hehe... happened to me to on the first time I installed and used the UI.

But, I'll get used to it very soon.

I did notice something a little off.

When I mazzlegasm my hunter, I clicked on "C" and the character window opened. Does that mean my hunter doesn't have a skill that "C" is bound to?
Well, the bindings are installed in layers. First, you get the base ones, then the button ones, then the class ones, then the add-on ones. I'm pretty surprised a button layout wouldn't use C. I'm guessing it's because you don't have that skill. IIRC, it's probably one of the stings on the hunter.
02-11-07, 10:45 PM   #43
Keizo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for how to get a key binding back that I deleted on accident.

The general key binding to open all bags 'b' was accidently reset to something else while i was setting up my bindings for actions around my WASD keys. I know how to set individual boxes through the bongo mod. But how do you set up things like opening all bags?

thanks!

I dont have any suggestions for bindings just yet.... still toying around with my settups.

oh.... one other question..... it looks like action bars 3 and 4 are mirrors of action bar 1 and 2. What i mean by this is if i drop a skill into bar 1 it also shows up in bar 3. To make things easier on my eyes i hid those and made the existing action bars hold more keys. Were the 3 and 4 bars set up to do something special that I am now bypassing? (I am using the default rogue interface - not the simple ones).

/cheers
02-12-07, 05:24 AM   #44
Lapin
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Dingleback
You may have to lock/unlock a few times and change things areound to get the effect you want, because once each bar is resized, Mazzle/Bongos will reset the bar positions.
This is my first post, so I'd like to extend a 'grats on a job well done to Mazzle and a /hello to everyone else.

I'm trying MazzleUI to see if it can do anything which my own previous UI setup cannot and also as a means to finding addons which I may use in the future.

One of my main issues is that quoted above -- I'm used to using Bongos and would prefer to set it up quite close to how I used it pre-Mazzle but every time I resize bars it suddenly 'snaps' all the bars into the position Mazzle wants them (rather than where *I* want them!).

I know I can just move them back but it's incredibly annoying - is there anyway to override this and have complete control over the bars?

(edit) By way of a suggestion, I would say that a toggle to allow the user more control over their bars, or to let MazzleUI arrange the bars for you, would be handy.

Last edited by Lapin : 02-12-07 at 06:12 AM.
02-12-07, 05:50 AM   #45
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Keizo
Was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for how to get a key binding back that I deleted on accident.

The general key binding to open all bags 'b' was accidently reset to something else while i was setting up my bindings for actions around my WASD keys. I know how to set individual boxes through the bongo mod. But how do you set up things like opening all bags?
There's no way to undo lost keybindings. Stuff like opening bags is done through the standard keybinding interface. Hit escape to get to the main menu and click on the Keybindings button.

Originally Posted by Keizo
oh.... one other question..... it looks like action bars 3 and 4 are mirrors of action bar 1 and 2. What i mean by this is if i drop a skill into bar 1 it also shows up in bar 3. To make things easier on my eyes i hid those and made the existing action bars hold more keys. Were the 3 and 4 bars set up to do something special that I am now bypassing? (I am using the default rogue interface - not the simple ones).
That should not be possible. A lot of effort was made to make sure that every button has a unique ID. Try remazzifying your bars.

Also, this is not a suggestion post. It belongs in the support questions thread.
02-12-07, 05:53 AM   #46
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Lapin
This is my first post, so I'd like to extend a 'grats on a job well done to Mazzle and a /hello to everyone else.

I'm trying MazzleUI to see if it can do anything which my own previous UI setup cannot and also as a means to finding addons which I may use in the future.

One of my main issues is that quoted above -- I'm used to using Bongos and would prefer to set it up quite close to how I used it pre-Mazzle but every time I resize bars it suddenly 'snaps' all the bars into the position Mazzle wants them (rather than where *I* want them!).

I know I can just move them back but it's incredibly annoying - is there anyway to override this and have complete control over the bars?
Until I get a new system up in place, this should work:

/script MazzleUI.UpdateBarPositions = function() end

Your post also isn't a suggestion. Please post in the correct thread.
02-12-07, 06:18 AM   #47
Lapin
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

Until I get a new system up in place, this should work:

/script MazzleUI.UpdateBarPositions = function() end

Your post also isn't a suggestion. Please post in the correct thread.
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try this when I get home.

I've now edited my post with a suggestion.
02-12-07, 03:08 PM   #48
Keizo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

That should not be possible. A lot of effort was made to make sure that every button has a unique ID. Try remazzifying your bars.

Also, this is not a suggestion post. It belongs in the support questions thread.
Mazzle - oops!! Sorry. I was looking for suggestions... not giving them. LOL sorry about that!

I went home today at lunch and did a complete new install. Deleted the old mazzle folders and started from scratch. Everything works like a charm. Even have some windows there that werent on the first install for some reason (ie. the chat windows in bottom right as well as the food and bandage hotbar).

Thanks again for your super hard work and even more for the time and dedication you are putting into answering all these posts!!!!

/2 thumbs up man!!
02-13-07, 12:13 PM   #49
Plubb
A Murloc Raider
Hey Maz.... Just a quick note, perhaps you could add a unlock button on the rogue menus, I did it myself, but others might like it.
02-13-07, 02:24 PM   #50
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Plubb
Hey Maz.... Just a quick note, perhaps you could add a unlock button on the rogue menus, I did it myself, but others might like it.
Isn't that something you can just right-click on the locked item to unlock?
02-13-07, 03:47 PM   #51
amz370
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
ok so ive been tweeking and messing with mazzle, and heres what i end up with for my lock
changed out bongos for trinity (had bad bongos experience and i like trinity a bit better any ways except i love bongos multi keybinding feature of bongos QQ
umm i moved all the main buttons to the left of the minimap and added in necrosis,(removed shard ace) to the right. added E castingbar and switched out your hud for Drathalus hud (yours is a bit to intense for me)

I also compeltely re wrote both my old keybidnigns and your lock bindings froms cratch to what made sense for my spec and how i work. umm i changed a few other things like some fubar stuff and what not

thats the amjor extent of what i did, also got rid of that damn smartbuff/debuff stuff that just bugged me who ever designed it never played a lock, it always tells you one of your two buff armors is off even though you can only cast one, that, and locks dont exactly buff or debuff, so well im cool off it

i love everything, that you did, just ahd to make it my own, one question, how hard would it be to change the hot buttons (im not afraid of a little code)

heres a capture pre removale of shardace (sorry about my previus post with the huuuuge image i guess it got deleted)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	upload.jpg
Views:	719
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1055  
02-13-07, 04:47 PM   #52
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I didn't delete it. I just changed the embedded image to a link. And it's also in a different thread.

As for the hotspots, you'd have to change code and you'd have to repeat those changes every time I release a new version.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 02-13-07 at 04:49 PM.
02-13-07, 07:29 PM   #53
Durzil
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I have a question on your sugested lock layout, why would you want a wall of buttons? I do a lot of clicking myself and it would make your layout very hard to play personally. Also I don't understand the need to add necrosis? Shardace with the other mods in the package do everything that necrosis does with less recorces, and much less space. Wich leads to the wall of buttons. Now I do agree the package does need some sort of shadowtrance/backlash warner, but thats a simple fix of dropping in 1 addon that doesn't change the cosmetic consistancy between layouts.
Give Locks Green Fire!!!
02-13-07, 10:55 PM   #54
Zinazeri
A Murloc Raider
Self-cast

I have been lurking a bit, trying to figure the best place to ask this question. I hope this is the right place, and I sincerely hope I did not miss it somewhere else. I really have searched around a bit.

First, though, WOW, thank you Mazzle, for such a wonderful product! I have been tweaking others around, but I absolutely love this!

My question is, how can I set it so that I can use right-click to self-cast? I used it in the past, with Trinity bars. I cannot figure out how to get Clique or Bongo to allow right-clicking to self cast.

Thank you for all you have done and continue to do.
02-14-07, 02:04 AM   #55
owensd
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
My Mage Layout

Hey Mazz, great UI compilation and mod.

I noticed that the mage bar didn't really have anything for down-ranking spells, which is something that many (all?) mages want/need. I also notice that you like you put a lot of the combat spells on the left hand - I don't really like this as I find it much easier to fight with two hands on the keyboard as I don't need the mouse very often and it's easier for me to run around while doing my AoE grinding this way.

Anyhow, here it is.

Movement
I use E, D, S, F, W, R for up, down, left, right, straffe left, straffe right, respectively. I enjoy the extra keys made available (Q & A) and also puts my hand closer to the T, G, and B keys helping to alleviate what I refer to as a "dead row" (i.e. a row of keys that is hard for me to reach without moving my hand off the "standard location" of my hands - ironically, "home row").

Left Side
The basic idea of the left side of the bar is to keep all of your non-damaging combat spells (which is pretty much how you have it setup too, I believe).

Talents
Y Cold Snap/Presence of Mind/Combustion
SY Ice Block/Arcane Power
CY Summon Water Element
There is also the strange build where you could have Cold Snap, Presence of Mind, and Arcane Power; in that case, move Presence of Mind to SY and Arcane Power to CY.

Motivation behind this is that talented abilities are always found in the same spot and easy to hit from either the left or right hand (in case you're on the mouse, for example).

Wards/Shields
1 Frost Ward
2 Fire Ward
3 Mana Shield
4 Ice Barrier (not all mages will have)

Armor
5 Frost Armor
6 Ice Armor
7 Mage Armor
8 Molten Armor (not all mages will have)

Buffs
9 Arcane Intellect
S9 Arcane Brilliance

Motivation behind this is that I like to keep all of my buff-type spells off of the keys that I'm currently on and make them available in a consistent way.

Other
G Blink
SG Slow Fall
V Remove Lesser Curse (target)
SV Remove Lesser Curse (mouseover)
C Detect Magic
P Polymorph
= Evocation

I like Blink and Slow Fall being the same key because they are both, in my opinion, forms of a movement enhancements for the mage.

I put Remove Lesser Cursor on a key that can easily be used for click-targetting and hover-targetting; very handy when you need to decurse someone while also casting a few fireballs off.

Evocation is up on the buff bar (i.e. number row) out of the way so no accidents happen to use it up.

Right Side
This is the combat side (except for polymorph as I ran out of room for it on this side).

Attacking
T Attack
ST Shoot

I use my wand a lot so I like it in a handy spot.

Utility/Racial Abilities
H Counterspell
Z or L Racial Ability 1 (i.e. Arcane Torrent or Will of Forsaken)
X or SL Racial Ability 2 (i.e. Mana Tap or Cannabilize )

I need counterspell handy, and H is right there. The racial abilities are tough... I originally have them on Z and X, but I think L and SL might be better - of course, some are more useful than others (and I only listed a few as examples).

High Ranked Spells
U Fireball
I Frostbolt
O Scorch
J Fireblast
K Arcane Missiles
Q Blizzard
A Flamestrike
B Cone of Cold
N Frost Nova
M Arcane Explosion

SO or CO Arcane Blast
SI or CI Ice Lance
SN or CN Blastwave
SB or CB Dragon's Breath
Use shift if you prefer downranking with control, otherwise use ctrl to downrank with shift.

Down Ranked Spells
SU or CU Fireball
SI or CI Frostbolt
SQ or CQ Blizzard
SA or CA Flamestrike
SN or CN Frost Nova
SM or CM Arcane Explosion
Again, depending on which key you want to use to downrank...

I don't down-rank all of the spells because I don't really think there is a lot of use for all of them. You might also want to down-rank some spells multiple times (i.e. Rank 1 Frostbolt, Rank Max-1 Frostbolt and, Rank Max Frostbolt - for that I'd use ALT for the one I used less often).

This combat layout works well for me as I like to keep two hands on the keyboard most of time and puts some of the similiar type spells together (i.e. frost nova and blast wave), especially for those that not everyone will have.

I've also attached what my layout looks like for those that are interested (just the keybinding area).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	button layout.jpg
Views:	591
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	1057  
02-14-07, 03:09 AM   #56
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Very interesting setup, Owensd. I don't know how many people would play without using their mouse, but I find your analysis quite logical. Given how different it is, I don't think I could incorporate much of it into the current layout, but I do think that would make a very good alternate mage layout to add.

Of course, it will have to wait until there's a better mechansim for you to modify and save layouts comprehensively.
02-14-07, 08:35 AM   #57
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I use a odd binding setup also. when I am on my Desktop I use the 10key pad for most of the spells (including the +,-,*,/ keys). I've always found it easier and faster for me if I use 2 hands on the keys with my AoE on both keys and mouse buttons. Since AoE requires placement of the spell using the extra buttons on the mouse work well.
02-14-07, 09:19 AM   #58
Lethalweapon
A Cyclonian
If you would like I would have no problem updating the hunter action bars if you gave me the job, I am sure I could do good with Bongos and getting everything in order. I have a couple of friends that play hunters and I know alot of styles of playing one. If you ever need help with updating the current Hunter action bar layout, I would be glad to contribute.
02-14-07, 09:47 AM   #59
shaktiboi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I have 4 specific comments for now. One concerns the hassle for *newbie* chars to effectively customize their bongo layouts/bindings. The second concerns the binding of the C key. The third concerns the binding for wand "shoot" actions. The fourth concerns an instance of old/outdated information regarding the swapping of aggressive/defensive bars.

I've intensively used MazzleUI only with my new Belf paladin and priest chars. Because they're newbies, I have to re-mazzify every 2 levels to get their newly acquired spells added to their pre-configured Bongo layouts. This makes any degree of button binding/layout customization impractical, because the mazzify process removes any customizations. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but it can be annoying at times. For example, as a Belf, I like to use the racial spells either for pulling or for emergency mana. The Belf racial is especially nice for giving paladins a ranged pull (for some mob types). But I have to jump through a lot of hoops to make those racials available via a hotkey, without putting them at risk of being removed/unbound when I next mazzify.

On my priest, I've noticed that your binding of the C key is counter-intuitive. When I acquired Inner Fire at level 12 and re-mazzified with the Priest layout, you assigned Inner Fire to Alt-C. This overrides the default binding for the Character Info addon (which is very useful), forcing you to open the Character Info windows by using the drop-down Mazzle menu. Furthermore, Alt-C for a useful buff seems counter-intuitive, since you have already made the choice to co-opt the Z and X keys for immediate use. I would think it most intuitive to also co-opt the C key as well and relegate the opening of the basic character window to Shift-C, (and not mess with the default binding of Alt-C for the Character Info addon).

Third, for a person who does not *carefully* read the Button page of the Mazzifier wizard, they might wonder why you're not creating a Bongo button for their wand. I was level 12 before I finally read the Priest button notes carefully and realized you were binding "Shoot" to the Alt-~ key. Before that I was manually customizing my Bongo layout to include a button for my wand.

Fourth, your wizard text for the pre-configured button layouts seems to still be describing an old, outdated way to swap the bindings/location of the aggressive/defensive button bars. You talk about a "offensive" button or some such, which no longer exists in the UI. The new way to swap bar layouts (Shift-mousewheel or Shift-up/down arrow) should be described instead.
02-14-07, 09:58 AM   #60
shaktiboi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
One other suggestion

In your MazzleUI menu, you have a section for toggling the states of Bongo buttons for editing. However, one very useful function is missing from that list (edit the key bindings themselves).

It would be even further useful (and more intuitive to newbies) if all of the bongo editing options were available by clicking hidden (or visible) buttons down in the UI area near the button bars themselves. If there were simple one-click toggling of all useful edit states, it would make it much easier to customize the bongo layouts after re-mazzifying every 2 levels. As it stands right now, customizing bongo layouts is a relatively long process because of the fact that you really have to open the Bongo config UI to do everything you need to.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Button Layouts and Keybinding Suggestions