12-25-06, 05:31 PM   #1
espy
A Defias Bandit
Laptop to LCD res. change mod

I'm hoping someone can help me here... I have no idea how to find a mod like this or even if one exists.

I have a laptop, and I also have an external LCD that I would like to use for playing WoW. I do want to be able to play on my laptop as well, but I have a bunch of addons that are configured for my laptop screen resolution (1280x800). When switching to the bigger resolution (1280x1024), I have resize everything and fix it all. I don't want to have to do that each time I change which monitor I'm using, obviously.. it takes a while. Is there any way that an addon could let me choose which resolution and settings I want to use, before loading WoW or even in WoW...? Anyone willing to make it? Or does anyone know if such a thing exists?

Thanks in advance,

espy
12-25-06, 06:37 PM   #2
rob1101
A Cyclonian

ok idk if this will work... what you could do is make a copy of the addon folder have one for your laptop res and one for your moniter res then switch them every time you switch moniters.
12-25-06, 09:26 PM   #3
Barras
A Fallenroot Satyr
gfxToggle2 does something along the lines of what you want but I think it'd need a little recoding to do exactly what you want. Perhaps you (or someone else) could use it as a base to create what you need.

It doesn't do resolutions as it stands, but I'd guess it'd be easy enough to add.
12-25-06, 10:20 PM   #4
espy
A Defias Bandit
Rob: I thought of that, but I have information collecting addons like Auctioneer that won't be the same... and everything, and it would take a while to copy and paste each time... so I'm looking for a mod.

Barras: I know nothing about this kind of coding... maybe I should post a request on it?
12-26-06, 12:03 AM   #5
rob1101
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by espy
Rob: I thought of that, but I have information collecting addons like Auctioneer that won't be the same... and everything, and it would take a while to copy and paste each time... so I'm looking for a mod.

Barras: I know nothing about this kind of coding... maybe I should post a request on it?
i was afraid you would have some data collecting mods... but if your not that concerned with collecting new data it would work. and take virtually no time. you dont have to copy and paste each time just rename the folders each time you change. in other words you could just have two folders in your interface folder, one being the addons folder, and the other being your other moiniters(addon folder), and then when you switch moniters you could just rename the other moniters to addons and viceversa. but this wont be that great of a solution if you want your data to be upto date, not to mention it is kind of annooying, maybe this method can hold you over untill you create that mod.

good luck and have fun

Last edited by rob1101 : 12-26-06 at 12:06 AM.
12-26-06, 07:12 AM   #6
phukkitt
A Theradrim Guardian

One solution would be to play in windowed mode, then there would be no resizing..

(I play in windowed mode to make it easier to switch between WoW, Firefox, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, Live messenger etc..)

Last edited by phukkitt : 12-26-06 at 07:17 AM.
12-26-06, 09:14 AM   #7
megalap
try to create a batch file like:

play800.bat

copy /Y c:\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCNAME\SavedVariables\auctioneer.lua c:\World of Warcraft\WTF800\Account\ACCNAME\SavedVariables\auctioneer.lua
copy /Y c:\World of Warcraft\WTF800 c:\World of Warcraft\WTF
play1024.bat
copy /Y c:\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCNAME\SavedVariables\auctioneer.lua c:\World of Warcraft\WTF1024\Account\ACCNAME\SavedVariables\auctioneer.lua
copy /Y c:\World of Warcraft\WTF1024 c:\World of Warcraft\WTF
havent testet this, but should work
12-26-06, 01:41 PM   #8
Blaze
A Kobold Labourer
You only need to copy the \World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT\SERVER\CHARACTER\layout-cache.txt file to keep the layout, so you can make 2 layout-cache.txt files in each character folder and rename them each time.

I hope I was clear enough.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Laptop to LCD res. change mod