08-22-10, 07:41 AM   #1
SenseiLoki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Question Personal buff debuff tracker

Hello all, I am looking for an add-on that will help me out when I am on different toons..

What I am looking for is mainly for my Warlock and resto/feral(kitty) toons. Lately I have been grouped with alot of locks in randoms and I am having trouble denoting what dots are mine on a target. So I am looking for a mod that will ONLY show my debuffs that I apply to said target and will change when I change targets.

Now for my resto druid if i am in a 25 with another tree I want to be able to tell what hots are mine on a target and not have to guess if mine are dropping off. Same for my kitty debuffs.

I would like 2 seperate add-ons if at all possible. I tried EBB and used the debuff feature but I made the change to SBF as it looked nicer and more streamlined for my UI. If SBF could show me personal target debuffs WHILE shoing my own debuffs that are on me that would be lovely.

But if not I am open to other add-ons that will be of help in this area.

Thanks for reading the wall of text.......stupid ADD and wanting to fully explain stuff right.
08-22-10, 08:40 AM   #2
SenseiLoki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
OK... so after dinking around with SBF I think I am able to do it with just that mod. I have 2 new bars "Target Buff" And "Target Debuff" I have both of these bars set to only show my targets buffs and debuffs. Also I have those set to white list spells that I chose and checked them "Only Cast by Me"

However... When I go to my list on a different toon (lets say for example I am on my druid) I catn select my lock dots as "Only Cast by Me" so will these show up from other locks if I am on my druid? If they will how do I make them NOT show up. And vice versa for my lock... I dont want to see a kitties rip on there if I am not on my druid.
08-22-10, 09:03 AM   #3
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For warlock and feral you'll need a timer addon ( Forte Xorcist, Nugrunning, Classtimers )

For tree you better have that feature in your unitframes (i think Shadowed UF can do that, don't sure about vuhdo). But those same timer addons can do that too to a certain extent
08-22-10, 09:19 AM   #4
SenseiLoki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by d87 View Post
For warlock and feral you'll need a timer addon ( Forte Xorcist, Nugrunning, Classtimers )
I will play around with Nug as it looks the nicest.

Originally Posted by d87 View Post
For tree you better have that feature in your unitframes (i think Shadowed UF can do that, don't sure about vuhdo). But those same timer addons can do that too to a certain extent
I do have the option to show buffs on target UF, however this at this time it shows everyone's buffs that are on said target. Take for instance 3 trees. It will show 3 Wild Growths, 3 Rejuvs, ect. So it is hard to find mine. And I use SpartanUI as a base UI and have some extra stuff added. But I have not changed the UF's. I use grid I looked at Vuhdo and did not like it.

Thanks much d87. I hope nug is what I am looking for so I dont have to Dl to many add-ons as I am trying to keep that side simple and minimal.
08-22-10, 09:23 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by SenseiLoki View Post
OK... so after dinking around with SBF I think I am able to do it with just that mod. I have 2 new bars "Target Buff" And "Target Debuff" I have both of these bars set to only show my targets buffs and debuffs. Also I have those set to white list spells that I chose and checked them "Only Cast by Me"

However... When I go to my list on a different toon (lets say for example I am on my druid) I catn select my lock dots as "Only Cast by Me" so will these show up from other locks if I am on my druid? If they will how do I make them NOT show up. And vice versa for my lock... I dont want to see a kitties rip on there if I am not on my druid.
Have you tried following the links on the SBF page yet? Satrina Buff Frames have been around for a while, and an awful lot of people use them, so those links will most likely solve your problem.
08-22-10, 09:53 AM   #6
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I do have the option to show buffs on target UF, however this at this time it shows everyone's buffs that are on said target. Take for instance 3 trees. It will show 3 Wild Growths, 3 Rejuvs, ect. So it is hard to find mine. And I use SpartanUI as a base UI and have some extra stuff added. But I have not changed the UF's. I use grid I looked at Vuhdo and did not like it.
Well, i meant that it's cool when your raidframes tell you when your hot is running out.
And if you like grid, then once again i shamelessly advise you to check out Injector for that. The problem is to customize it you'll have to edit lua config file. Tho it's preconfigured pretty good

Last edited by d87 : 08-22-10 at 09:56 AM.
08-22-10, 11:29 AM   #7
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Don't bother whitelisting individual spells - go to Filters tab and set a filter "Cast By Me". That will automatically make the buff bar only show spells cast by you. The Filter configuration in SBF is fantastic. :-)

My Priest has one set up that shows debuffs on the target that my class CAN cast (but not necessarily cast by me), and another bar that only shows the debuffs actually placed by me.

The actual text for a "cast by me" filter is just "my", in the Filters page. Then it doesn't matter what class you are, it'll only show you those buffs/debuffs that you yourself cast.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Personal buff debuff tracker