Maps addon that is just the map 72 42.11%
Other 6 3.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

10-05-12, 03:25 PM   #1
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Quests or Maps

Ok... I'm trying to find out once and for all since i'm coming closer to moving onto my next stage or work, but so many people are complaining about quests not working 100%.

What do "YOU" want first, working quests.. or Map split into it's own addon with no extras (the start of modularization).

10-05-12, 04:38 PM   #2
antiquada
A Fallenroot Satyr
Quests please

I can't progress through the game if Quests are not working. The map is working great as is.

Last edited by antiquada : 10-05-12 at 04:40 PM.

10-05-12, 05:53 PM   #3
timmarc18
A Murloc Raider
I can live with the maps the way they are. Its the quest searching that gets annoying.

10-05-12, 06:11 PM   #4
jc2470
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
eh maps work fine for the most part, its the quest that are the problem, dont have much of a need for a map if im not doing quest although it is nice.

10-05-12, 06:22 PM   #5
crazzzzi
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

quests please!

10-05-12, 06:59 PM   #6
Zakdarkelf
A Kobold Labourer
Quests, please. I'm so lost without that!

10-05-12, 08:22 PM   #7
tranthias
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Smile

Yea, I'm in same boat with quests on map. Sometimes it shows sometimes it doesn't, but I use alt+l then show for wows and its still doesn't work. Been using carbonite since 1st released, and since its new ownership, I'm hanging in there. Things take time when someone takes over a mod, and I can't think of many that would take on such a project. If people post issues, loc, zones, problems etc. it should help the new developer hopefully to resolve some issues.

There are so many fans of this addon, and not many no how or what information to give that could help. I'm in that same situation, and don't post. I too was a paid subscriber, and feel any contribution helps keep this website going, so no out of pocket to the new owner. With time I feel this addon will be at 100% again, thanks to such a loyal fan, and someone who can and willing to keep carbonite alive. Thanks for at least having the minimap working, and at times showing where to go in the new mop zones for quests, not always but still nice to have.

Thank you so much

10-05-12, 09:43 PM   #8
bigsleepy121
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i vote quest

if its not to much trouble i to would like questing. thanks for all ur hard work

10-05-12, 09:54 PM   #9
frellinbear
A Defias Bandit
Finding Party Members on Maps vs Raid Members

Quests! I'm a wow newbie and carbonite makes getting around in wow sooo awesome... so thank you for taking it over and fixing it.... along the lines of questing... i cannot see my party members on either the carbonite or wow minimaps and my party-mates want me to get rid of carbonite because they are tired of telling me to fly west, then north, etc to get to them... i can see raid members on the map but not party members and i cannot find a setting that might control this... any chance that this is a personal problem of my own (that is fixable by me)? ... or is it something that needs to be fixed someday?

Thank you for your awesome dedication and work Rythal!

10-05-12, 10:03 PM   #10
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
WoW If your so dependant on Carbonite for its quests that you CANNOT quest with out it, I suggest you quit WoW now seriously.

IMHO Start the modularization.

10-05-12, 10:56 PM   #11
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I was silently hoping it would be maps, because I think that's going to be 10x easier to do then tearing apart the entire questing system. For all I know it might of been except maps works fine, quests don't ... so everyone coming to the forum right now is coming for quests :P

If i could figure out why breadtrail / completed quests won't track in the tracker I bet it would swing back the other way.

We'll see where it stands when I get back sunday night.

10-05-12, 11:43 PM   #12
ssfoso
A Defias Bandit

Maps

There are sooooo many quest addons and the blizz ui for questing, but i cant stand the stock maps for the life of me. tomtom is great and all but its not the same being able to right click set waypoint, and the google style maps. So Maps first IMHO.

10-05-12, 11:51 PM   #13
Helvira
A Kobold Labourer

Maps :D

Maps please! There is no other addon out there, and I have tried every one I could find, that lets me set waypoints!

10-06-12, 12:25 AM   #14
tinyu
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I was silently hoping it would be maps, because I think that's going to be 10x easier to do then tearing apart the entire questing system. For all I know it might of been except maps works fine, quests don't ... so everyone coming to the forum right now is coming for quests :P

If i could figure out why breadtrail / completed quests won't track in the tracker I bet it would swing back the other way.

We'll see where it stands when I get back sunday night.
In all honesty mate finish what you've started, don't stop half way through cause you might regret it later.

The quests can wait until after you've got the maps working 100% once they are done THEN start on the quests.

Might even be easier to start the quest stuff from scratch?

10-06-12, 02:46 AM   #15
tinawie
A Defias Bandit
I would say maps, as a work around for missing quests I'm using the blizz quest list (alt-l) then look on the blizz map from there to find the missing ones

10-06-12, 04:01 AM   #16
jarda128
A Cyclonian
i prefer maps ,i think it is more important than quests,because i use zygor guide on questing ..
but without maps , i cant set waypoints,which is more important then quest tracking (although the blobs makes life more easier)...
on other side afaik the maps is working good enough for me right now ..

10-06-12, 05:56 AM   #17
Xcari
A Fallenroot Satyr
For me, the maps are working well enough. I always appreciate questing help. I hope you make the decision based on which you consider most helpful to you in the grand scheme of your overall work on Carbonite. Thank you very much for taking on this huge project.

10-06-12, 06:52 AM   #18
gOOvER
A Theradrim Guardian

Why making Quests working. Add a API to existing Addons . So Maps Shoud be first.

10-06-12, 07:39 AM   #19
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I wasn't going to say anything because at first there were so many votes for 'quests'. But since there are actually some others who want maps first, I'll jump on that bandwagon. In the end, though, Rythal, do whatever will work best for you.

10-06-12, 08:03 AM   #20
ynkeesluvr
A Murloc Raider
My vote is for maps. I can work with the Blizz quest log (alt+L works for me) for now but would REALLY like my Carbonite map to be up to snuff and functioning properly.
Rythal, since you have SO much to work on, personally I would work on the easiest things first and get them off your plate and then tackle the more challengeing parts. Just my opinion.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quests or Maps