10-12-10, 12:59 PM   #1
Paprika
A Black Drake
Carbonite and World of Warcraft 4.0.1

Originally Posted by tarix View Post
Carbonite does not work properly with 4.0 so this is all moot.
Is this true?

10-12-10, 02:27 PM   #2
S@thi
A Theradrim Guardian

Let's hope not...

10-12-10, 04:49 PM   #3
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Well, it is true that it's not working with 4.0, but it may or may not be that the devs are working on a new version.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

10-12-10, 07:25 PM   #4
jesskitsune
A Defias Bandit
pout

so far it does not work with the new patch which makes my life hard im so used to carbonite i need it back. i realyl hope they update fast

10-12-10, 08:34 PM   #5
twinsx2dad
A Defias Bandit
No work with new patch & my concern is that this project may be dead.

The worst thing Blizzard could do was remove the ability to subscribe or purchase addons like this one.

10-12-10, 08:40 PM   #6
S@thi
A Theradrim Guardian

Well i'd like to hear any news....
I can't live without carbonite (in-game)
It's been a tool I used all the time.. and there is'nt a replacement for it..
Dear authors if you read this please inform the community...

10-12-10, 08:51 PM   #7
dante83r
A Kobold Labourer
update news

I read in the supporters thread that an update was slated to be released last weekend. Obviously, it didn't happen, so lets hope that it will be released very shortly.

10-12-10, 09:20 PM   #8
thafuture
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
carbonite is a legendary breakthrough of addon technology complete with quest, minimap, enemy detectors and more.... anybody who's been exposed to this legendary addon for more than a day can NOT play WoW without it... with that said I guess it's time for me to redownload crossfire and pwn some noobs and be called hacker repeatedly before being vote kicked by my jealous teammates who see me with 20 kills and 2 deaths

10-12-10, 09:39 PM   #9
mccompunerd
A Fallenroot Satyr
well, Carbonite screwed up when i logged in today. had to log out and disable it just to be able to adjust my other addons without getting errors every time i moused over the minimap.
I love the addon, and am already missing it. Don't think i'm gonna play near as much without it.

10-12-10, 10:24 PM   #10
PuhPuhPally
A Defias Bandit
I agree. I would not play near as much if this amazing addon were no longer by my side. The map interface alone makes it worth it, but it's so much more than that.

I dare say I might let my subscription run out and abandon the game if I can no longer have Carbonite or an equivalent replacement. I'm somewhat of a noob to WoW still and I don't know my way around every crevice, nook and cranny in this game.

To put it simply, I would rather spend 2 minutes on a quest as opposed to 10 or more.

10-12-10, 10:25 PM   #11
Nimbus792
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite! Come back to us!

10-12-10, 10:36 PM   #12
shadowdragonjpi
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by PuhPuhPally View Post

To put it simply, I would rather spend 2 minutes on a quest as opposed to 10 or more.
I agree, Carbonite is 40x the addon that Questhelper ever was, with not even 1% of the errors questhelper caused by improper information.

10-12-10, 10:45 PM   #13
Nimbus792
A Defias Bandit

I dare say I might let my subscription run out and abandon the game if I can no longer have Carbonite or an equivalent replacement.
Not gonna lie, when I first read this I thought you were an idiot then I tried actually going out and questing and I realized.. I agree 100%, there's just something about Carbonite that when you've used it for a certain period of time you just don't wanna play the game without it.
It also doesn't help that QuestHelper is obsolete as well...

10-12-10, 11:06 PM   #14
gadgetmama
A Defias Bandit
"I dare say I might let my subscription run out and abandon the game if I can no longer have Carbonite or an equivalent replacement. I'm somewhat of a noob to WoW still and I don't know my way around every crevice, nook and cranny in this game."

Agreed. I was just really getting into this game and now without Carbonite, I feel a bit more lost. Also agreed with the spending 2 minutes vs 10. :-P
I need carbonite back or I will not play much.

10-12-10, 11:19 PM   #15
BearGriz72
A Murloc Raider

Unhappy

Originally Posted by shadowdragonjpi View Post
I agree, Carbonite is 40x the addon that Questhelper ever was, with not even 1% of the errors questhelper caused by improper information.
Questhelper is dead as of 4.x so no help there anyway. Anybody have an ETA on a Carbonite update for 4.0.x?

10-12-10, 11:22 PM   #16
Elfshine
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy

Bit by bit Blizzard is achieving what it intended to: putting the add-on developers out of business and leaving us high and dry. It's their way or the highway. They now have 12 million players, and frankly, they could give a damn about us old farts.

They've killed Questhelper, seems they've made Carbonite's life difficult and there really isn't anything else out there worth downloading. So we either muddle through and ask stupid questions in /1 (and get such helpful answers and "Press Alt-F4") or we bail completely.

With the massive changes I've seen in beta, I have no clue how we are going to make it without a quality questing/leveling add-on such as Carbonite.

10-12-10, 11:23 PM   #17
ozzydreamer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Dev's pls respond

I'm just not sure why the Dev's haven't responded at all about this? I'm willing to donate some, but I don't have a lot of money. This addon IS the single most important addon for levelers and VERY important even for those at top level. I've become SO accustomed to Carbonite. Please come out with something soon.

10-12-10, 11:25 PM   #18
thafuture
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
hell every place with more than 2 forks in the road is a maze to me...without carbonite I got lost in stormwind.... 3 times in a row...... IN STORMWIND

10-12-10, 11:27 PM   #19
Cindy1002
A Theradrim Guardian
Well, back to using Tomtom, Lightheaded, and Mapster I guess. Gonna have to look into a trainer/vendor tracker though.

10-13-10, 12:35 AM   #20
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by dante83r View Post
I read in the supporters thread that an update was slated to be released last weekend. Obviously, it didn't happen, so lets hope that it will be released very shortly.
Yes, there was an update promised for the weekend... that year. And it did come, and all was joy.

I dare say I might let my subscription run out and abandon the game if I can no longer have Carbonite or an equivalent replacement.
Originally Posted by gadgetmama View Post
"I dare say I might let my subscription run out and abandon the game if I can no longer have Carbonite or an equivalent replacement.[...]"

Agreed.
If you're playing the game just so you can use a particular addon, maybe it's time to step back and reconsider what the game is all about. :P

--------------------------------------

Anywho, the way I see it, Carbonite has made quite a name for itself, and if fataal and Haavok won't continue supporting Carbonite, I'm sure some other author will take it upon himself to keep the masterpiece alive.

Last edited by Jigain : 10-13-10 at 12:41 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite and World of Warcraft 4.0.1