12-29-10, 07:34 AM   #1
Edrazzar
A Defias Bandit

Button Skin in 8.0 (and maybe more)

Hello there! First of all, I'd like to thank Sigg for maintaining this awesome addon. It has been giving me hard times, but fun ones! I've long read these forums silently, often coming up with what I needed or else finding my own solutions.

However, I'm faced with some questions I can't seem to answer by myself.

The first one is about the Button Skin feature that existed with RDX 7.x. I haven't been able to find it in 8.0. Is it gone or am I just not looking in the right place?

I also wonder if there could be a way to monitor party cooldowns with RDX (like my fellow Druid's Innervate, to know if he's ready to roll with his mana or if I should let him drink before pulling). I thought so but haven't been able to reproduce it as of now.

And the last of my questions I think (at least for now!) is about chat tabs. I know by reading sigg's answers that RDX doesn't handle them and that you have to create multiple chat windows, one for each tab. However, would it be possible to use the Button feature in a design to call a script that would hide or show a tab on demand?

Well, I think I've harrassed all of you enough for now, so I'll return to my holidays feature-crunching! Keep up the good work!
12-29-10, 08:02 AM   #2
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Hello

Button skin has been refactored, and the concept has changed.
It is not possible to create a RDX object button skin.
The button skin has been integrated in the VFL framework as a widget.
See the mediapack buttonskin to register new skins.

About cooldowns, Still under refactoring.
See the feature Cooldown Icon List for the moment.

And about tabs.
I am still thinking about a good way to handle that.
12-29-10, 08:21 AM   #3
Edrazzar
A Defias Bandit

Thumbs up

Thank you for your fast answer! I'll dig a little into the Mediapack then. Hope I'll not break anything with my fat fingers!
12-29-10, 08:36 AM   #4
Cripsii
A Black Drake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
May be it's possible to create a 3p module for share a button skin.

Simply an "addon" with texture and register file.

After, RDX can use this?
12-29-10, 10:41 AM   #5
Edrazzar
A Defias Bandit

Well in fact I've been able to register a new button skin into the MediaPack files, mostly by copy-pasting the code and directory structures. Seems to work pretty fine, except for one glitch when the skin is applied to actionbar buttons: vertical bars appear over the spell icon and make the whole thing quite ugly!

With buff icons on the other hand, it works perfectly.

Also Cripsii, I followed your WIP on C_UI with much attention, and your new Sennheiser project looks very promising. I really like that button skin you used for your buffs and your C_UI Unit Frames have been very inspiring for my previous design. Cheers to you!

PS: J'ai l'impression que nous sommes assez nombreux à parler français dans le coin!
12-29-10, 10:58 AM   #6
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Normal, j'ai fait plus de pub sur le site WoW FR que l'US car pas d'accès.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Button Skin in 8.0 (and maybe more)