01-26-06, 07:58 PM   #1
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cirk's Blessings

Blessings is a paladin specific blessings management and casting addon.

Current version
Blessings is currently version 2.2.1.

Download page
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Blessings.html

Known bugs
None when running with the default client.

-- Cirk of Doomhammer

Last edited by Cirk : 09-27-07 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Update version
01-31-06, 01:44 AM   #2
Solarin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I personally love this mod. It is quite helpful in groups and takes alot of the menial work out of being a paladin and let's you focus on more important things. If I would permitted to make a suggestion, however. Do you think it is possible to allow the creation of a hotkey to cast the blessings instead of using the button in the menu? If this is already possible...how?

Once again thanks for the awesome mod. Keep up the good work!
01-31-06, 08:42 PM   #3
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Solarin
Do you think it is possible to allow the creation of a hotkey to cast the blessings instead of using the button in the menu? If this is already possible...how?
Solarin, there is a key binding for Blessings in the key-bindings menu (Main menu -> Key Bindings). Just scroll down until you find the entry for Blessings!

-- Cirk
02-22-06, 02:13 PM   #4
Tylius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
<3

I've tried a lot of other blessing mods, but they're mostly... just bad ^_- So I gave up on them

I remembered your other good mods and tried this, it's awesome =D
02-22-06, 02:52 PM   #5
Tylius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Except for one issue now <.<
It's casting my seal of righteousness instead of my blessing for some reason

Edit: Now it cancels my devotion aura when I use the keybinding... =(

Last edited by Tylius : 02-22-06 at 04:06 PM.
02-22-06, 04:49 PM   #6
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Tylius
Except for one issue now <.<
It's casting my seal of righteousness instead of my blessing for some reason

Edit: Now it cancels my devotion aura when I use the keybinding... =(
Hey Tylius, thanks for the feedback. Casting seal of righteousness and cancelling your devotion aura are not bugs I've heard of before! All I can guess is that either you have some other addon that is interfering with Blessings' actions here (intercepting the key bindings or otherwise), or that the normal matching of spell IDs with spells in the spellbook is being interfered with somehow. The latter could be simply because you have gained new spells from the trainer (from levelling up or adding a new talent), and haven't logged out and in again yet, which may cause Blessings to get confused about which spells it is supposed to be casting. Logging out and in again should fix that. Alternatively if you have an addon that hooks into the spellbook somehow, it may cause problems there.

(Blessings doesn't handle gaining new spells yet without logging out and in again, or reloading the UI - will add that soon).

-- Cirk
02-22-06, 07:32 PM   #7
Tylius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That, is probably it then =D
I was having one issue after training, relogging later on fixed it, then I trained again shortly and had more problems, and then after relogging later it was fixed.

Guess that explains it, thanks
02-26-06, 09:50 AM   #8
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I've just uploaded Blessing v1.9.2:
  • Various bug fixes and robustness tweaks to cover conditions where the class and other information relating to players was not being recorded properly due to the player not having fully loaded for paladin's client when they joined the raid.
  • Bug fix for when the paladin levels up, trains, or otherwise changes the contents of their spellbook (thanks for pointing that out Tylius).
  • Updated interface number to correctly match patch 1.9.

Let me know if you have any problems with it

-- Cirk
03-01-06, 11:38 AM   #9
bandis
A Defias Bandit
would it be possible to show a timer how long the blessings last in an movable window? not only the message on the screen before it runs out
03-14-06, 09:44 AM   #10
BlackZam
A Murloc Raider
Can't you do so that you cast the blessings if you right-click the minimap button?

Thats the only thing I miss from this addon.
03-14-06, 07:59 PM   #11
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by BlackZam
Can't you do so that you cast the blessings if you right-click the minimap button?
And over on the beta thread:
Originally Posted by servantes
One suggestion: Is it possible to make the minimap button be the Cast Blessings button when you click on it, and right-click will show the options?
Something like this would definitely be doable if there is enough interest in it.

My question back to you guys (and to everyone) would be why would you want to use a button (i.e., the mouse) for casting your blessings rather than just bind a key and use that?

That said, let me know if you really do want me to add casting from the mini-map button (left or right click).

Thanks!
-- Cirk
03-15-06, 02:53 AM   #12
katana
A Cyclonian

Thumbs down

I'm personally against it... minimap buttons are usually not used for features but for parameters... see CT Mod and it's button, left for control panel, right for lock / unlock, etc.

If people are interested in having a button, I think that a decursive like interface would be nice : a floating window that shows the next blessing to be cast. A left click casts the blessing, and a right click skips that blessing.

What about that idea ?
03-15-06, 09:13 AM   #13
katana
A Cyclonian

Here is the updated french file for the beta.

Cheers ^^
Attached Files
File Type: zip localization.fr.zip (3.5 KB, 562 views)
03-15-06, 03:38 PM   #14
katana
A Cyclonian

I've fixed 2 critical mistakes in the french translation, here's the updated version.
Attached Files
File Type: zip localization.fr.zip (3.5 KB, 531 views)

Last edited by katana : 03-16-06 at 03:56 AM.
07-28-06, 07:31 PM   #15
freelink
A Defias Bandit
Hi,

great job , for a paladin it's hard to think each 15min to buff the group, and with dead people, it's a hard job.
Your addon is very use full^^

but i think i have found a bug, maiby^^

i 'am using french wow in french language of course^^

the addon says that it will use superior buff (supperior = 15min one who work for an entire class)
but it only buff with the small one (5 min one for each person)

so it's normal or a bug??

thanks a lot ^^

Last edited by freelink : 07-28-06 at 07:37 PM.
07-31-06, 05:48 AM   #16
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by freelink
Hi,

great job , for a paladin it's hard to think each 15min to buff the group, and with dead people, it's a hard job.
Your addon is very use full^^

but i think i have found a bug, maiby^^

i 'am using french wow in french language of course^^

the addon says that it will use superior buff (supperior = 15min one who work for an entire class)
but it only buff with the small one (5 min one for each person)

so it's normal or a bug??

thanks a lot ^^
Hi Freelink. What you are seeing is a side-effect of Blessings trying not to waste a Symbols of Kings everytime it sees someone with a missing blessing, and it does this by "pretending" that greater blessings have a cooldown of about 12 minutes or so. That means that normally when your greater blessings expire, and you refresh them, everything will work as expected. However, if you have to rebless everyone early (say after a wipe) the "cooldown" won't yet be up and Blessings will just use your 5 minute versions.

Its something I want to fix for the next version, but in the meantime the easiest way is to just press the Reset key when you want to make sure that Blessings will start again with greater blessings (e.g., after a wipe, or when you want to refresh all the blessings just before a boss pull). You can also use the /bless reset command to do the same thing.

Cheers
-- Cirk
08-07-06, 06:16 AM   #17
ishii106
A Kobold Labourer

o Great Cirk

you made me like being a healadin! and now i was wondering... do you have any plans to make ones for priest & druid? there's not many good ones out there for preist & druid like "Cirk's Blessings" for pallies.
08-30-06, 12:08 AM   #18
Barovian
A Defias Bandit
Seems to be somewhat broken in 1.12. When I start the buff sequence it will buff me over and over again, and no one else. I have yet to try this, but the default blizzard selfcast would seem to be the cause, as decursive had the same problem.
08-30-06, 01:20 AM   #19
katana
A Cyclonian

THis is weird I have absolutely no issue that I can remember with 1.12...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Cirk's Blessings