10-22-10, 10:27 PM   #341
Echolalia
A Murloc Raider
Hey Maul just submitted a bug report. Flyouts no longer working on one toon at all and only a few on another. I noticed just now that on the ones that don't work, I cannot toggle to "macro" on the button edit, only action ID and Pet ID.

Last edited by Echolalia : 10-23-10 at 10:31 PM.

10-23-10, 05:43 AM   #342
mythyk
A Murloc Raider
Target = Mouseover : How to set entire bar ?

Ok, I might be a little blind or something, but I thought you used to be able to set an entire bar to a Target=Mouseover state but for the life of me I can not find the optioin. Is this still possible or do you need to set a seperate macro for each button in the bar?

10-23-10, 09:14 AM   #343
Echolalia
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by mythyk View Post
Ok, I might be a little blind or something, but I thought you used to be able to set an entire bar to a Target=Mouseover state but for the life of me I can not find the optioin. Is this still possible or do you need to set a seperate macro for each button in the bar?

You are correct in that you can set an entire bar it appear on mouseover. with the config mode GUI enabled, at the top is a dropdown menu for "Show On Unit Exist." Choose the mouseover setting and enjoy!

They blessing and curse of such a wonderfully robust addon is that you have tons of "where did I see that" moments, lol.

10-23-10, 02:19 PM   #344
mythyk
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Echolalia View Post
You are correct in that you can set an entire bar it appear on mouseover. with the config mode GUI enabled, at the top is a dropdown menu for "Show On Unit Exist." Choose the mouseover setting and enjoy!

They blessing and curse of such a wonderfully robust addon is that you have tons of "where did I see that" moments, lol.

I did try that, but all that does is make the bar appear when I mouse over something. I just want it to cast whatever power I hit in that bar on the current mouseover target without having the bar disappear when mouseover =nill.

Oh, and thanks for the reply.

Ok, tried messing with it again. It does target the mouseover, but like I mentioned above, the bar still disappears when there is no Mouseover target. I do not mind this usually but until i remember what keys are what I need to see the bar and be able to egt mouseover tooltips info from it. So is there anyway to keep the bar from disappearing when mouseover=nill?

Last edited by mythyk : 10-23-10 at 02:41 PM.

10-23-10, 06:29 PM   #345
Echolalia
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by mythyk View Post
I did try that, but all that does is make the bar appear when I mouse over something. I just want it to cast whatever power I hit in that bar on the current mouseover target without having the bar disappear when mouseover =nill.

Oh, and thanks for the reply.

Ok, tried messing with it again. It does target the mouseover, but like I mentioned above, the bar still disappears when there is no Mouseover target. I do not mind this usually but until i remember what keys are what I need to see the bar and be able to egt mouseover tooltips info from it. So is there anyway to keep the bar from disappearing when mouseover=nill?
Ah, I misunderstood. I'm not sure if there is a way to do what you're looking for. Perhaps someone else will know better than I.

10-24-10, 04:55 PM   #346
brindemir
A Kobold Labourer
Xtras not displaying bags and other items from menu bar correctly

After the patch, and downloading the latest versions of Macaroon and all the additional files given as patch 4.0 ready, I am no longer seeing the xtra which lets my bags the the blizzard menu be adjustable macaroon bars. I do have one button for my backpack sitting in the lower left corner of my UI that looks like it could be that, but it does not work to open my backpack, nor can I access it from the macaroon config or bar edit UIs.

I tried creating a new character so that it would not be affected by some problem in old saved info, and I get the same behavior, so it doesn't seem like something that will be fixed by deleted all my old info and redoing everything from scratch (I'll do obviously, if there's good reason to believe it will work, but that's a good hour or two of work for each character that I play much).

I'm hoping this is just a bug that will be fixed soon. For now, I'm just using the blizzard main bar when I have to, but this is obviously somewhat annoying.

10-31-10, 09:50 AM   #347
Alekc
A Defias Bandit
Keybindings

Hi! Is there a way to remap keys from main bar to vehicle bar when i'm entering a vehicle?..

The picture below shows what i need to do:

Click here if upper one doesn't work for you.

Last edited by Alekc : 10-31-10 at 09:52 AM.

10-31-10, 12:06 PM   #348
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Alekc View Post
Hi! Is there a way to remap keys from main bar to vehicle bar when i'm entering a vehicle?..

The picture below shows what i need to do:

Click here if upper one doesn't work for you.
Once you bind your main bar, you can left-click the button while still in binding mode to lock that buttons binding. That way any other binding you do will not erase it. Once you lock your main bar bindings, you can then bind those keys to your vehicle bar and then lock them as well. All should then act as you would like.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-31-10, 08:03 PM   #349
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

I am having an issue right now with posession and vehicle bars. Currently I have two bars set up for pets posessions and vehicles. I wanted it to be set up where I had one bar for pets like hunter, mage, and warlock pets. But my main bar I wanted to switch for posession and vehicles.

Well when I get on some vehicle/posession quests in northrend the incorrect bar is used. I can go to the correct bar in the menu but as soon as i go into combat it switches back to the wrong bar. Here is a screen shot

11-01-10, 09:55 AM   #350
Literaltruth
A Murloc Raider
I've been trying to set up Macaroon to replace the default UI in the Cata beta. However, I'm experiencing wierd problems with it detecting states. I've set up my main action bar and ticked the options for "Possession" and "Vehicle" as well as a pet action bar.

On the pet action bar I set it to "Pet", set up the buttons etc. but when I summoned my voidwalker it flipped to the "No Pet" settings. I ended up working around this simply by placing my pet spells in the "No Pet" action bar instead - but it was odd.

The more serious one is, however, whenever I enter / possess a vehicle it doesn't seem to detect it. My main action bar remains unchanged but my pet bar changes to the vehicle commands. Without the pet bar on another character the only way I can exit the vehicle is to go into config mode, manually cycle my action bar to the "Vehicle" state (which automatically had all the vehicle controls on it), select "Raise Buttons" and use that to click on the exit vehicle option. During that process if I turn off config mode by clicking the minimap button etc. the bar flips back to the default "Normal" state again.

11-01-10, 10:11 AM   #351
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Looks like me and you are having the exact same problem!

11-01-10, 10:20 AM   #352
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Literaltruth View Post
I've been trying to set up Macaroon to replace the default UI in the Cata beta. However, I'm experiencing wierd problems with it detecting states. I've set up my main action bar and ticked the options for "Possession" and "Vehicle" as well as a pet action bar.

On the pet action bar I set it to "Pet", set up the buttons etc. but when I summoned my voidwalker it flipped to the "No Pet" settings. I ended up working around this simply by placing my pet spells in the "No Pet" action bar instead - but it was odd.

The more serious one is, however, whenever I enter / possess a vehicle it doesn't seem to detect it. My main action bar remains unchanged but my pet bar changes to the vehicle commands. Without the pet bar on another character the only way I can exit the vehicle is to go into config mode, manually cycle my action bar to the "Vehicle" state (which automatically had all the vehicle controls on it), select "Raise Buttons" and use that to click on the exit vehicle option. During that process if I turn off config mode by clicking the minimap button etc. the bar flips back to the default "Normal" state again.
There is a Blizzard bug in the Cata beta that affects proper bar paging and affects all action bar addons as well as many other types of addons.

Elloria, is this on Live or Beta?

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

11-01-10, 10:25 AM   #353
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

This is in live currently.

11-01-10, 10:54 AM   #354
Literaltruth
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
There is a Blizzard bug in the Cata beta that affects proper bar paging and affects all action bar addons as well as many other types of addons.
Thanks for the info - after I posted this I realised that this might be related to the bug that broke Dominos and checked to see if the same bug cropped up in my copy of Live. Since it didn't with the same settings I realised the issue was with beta and I was going to edit / delete my post here and you had already replied. Wierd that the same bug has broken Dominos, Macaroon and Bartender all in completely different ways...at least from an end user perspective. XD

Apart from this issue, though, Macaroon seems by far the least affected of the three. The Vehicle / possession thing (and the wierd pet bar thing that I can live with) seems to be the only major problem.

Although I wish Blizz would get a move on fixing the problem - I'm glad that it forced my to look beyond Dominos for alternative solutions since I think I'm in love with Macaroon. Fantastic addon - some really great, original ideas in it. It's definately going to be my action bar addon of choice from now on.

11-01-10, 10:54 AM   #355
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Ok I just got on my priest and started to do the set fires quest in that vyrkul village in the north west side of storm peaks. I got on the fire gun thing and the bar did not change so while I was on the gun i went into bar edit mode and redid my settings for possession and vehicle. When i got off the gun and back on again it worked this time. Maybe it was just being glitchy for a sec? but works fine right now.

11-01-10, 11:00 AM   #356
Alekc
A Defias Bandit
When a some bar have states Normal, Alt, and Vehicle and I press the Alt button while on the vehicle it switches its state Vehicle -> (Alt pressed) -> Alt -> (Alt released) -> Normal ...

11-02-10, 09:07 AM   #357
Bartock
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy Trouble with Loot Windows

Maui -- I've had an issue since the 4.0.1 patch with loot windows not showing up when loot needs to be rolled on. I've added the alerts extension, and can configure a loot window, but it doesn't actually show up when loot is available, which means that people are waiting for me to loot until it finally times out. Any idea why this would be happening? Thanks much.

11-02-10, 02:38 PM   #358
Xubera
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I have a druid, and i use macros for all my main buttons,

mainly, if target hostile cast spell, else cast heal...

i have my bar set to stance so i can change it to bear and cat so i can set up their bars individually without having to add it to my macros... the problem is when i go to travel/aqautic form, they dont have the buttons i want. Is there a way i can make them copy what ever i have in my caster form without manually doing it?

▲ ▲ WoWInterface wont let me triforce >.>

11-05-10, 03:46 PM   #359
Sonnenmilch
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Boronka View Post
Hi!

I've found the button settings and I can set the cooldown timer, however ...
I searched for these timer settings for days, but now I found them. ^^
To help others: You have to edit a bar, then switch to "edit buttons". In this view you have to click the tab "general". Now you see some checkboxes. Check *ehhm* all of them and you have timers. Nice feature: Checking those boxes for the first button activates timers for all buttons on that bar. So you donīt have to do this for all your buttons. ^^

Maul, thank you for your great addons! Macaroon is by far the best actionbar and you really inspired me. The way you make complex things easy to use - nice!

11-13-10, 09:37 PM   #360
VaughnofCen
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Hi there, I'm somewhat new to Macaroon! so I was just curious about a quark I've been having.

When setting up my main action bar to be paged for Vehicle and Possession, I've noticed that when you press the bind to go to your main action bar (For example Shift + 1) it'll toss you there. Which while a good thing because it's saying that the bind is working, it's bad considering that it's nasty hard to get back to the vehicle / possession bar.

Any way to lock that specific bind when XYZ are true. Aka I don't want to be able to leave my possession / vehicle bar when by accident.

Thanks for your time.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread