10-09-15, 11:41 AM   #1
chanceboon
A Murloc Raider
Another hopefully stupid one

Lua Code:
  1. myCheckButton = CreateFrame("CheckButton", "myCheckButton_GlobalName", myFrame, "ChatConfigCheckButtonTemplate");  
  2.     myCheckButton:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 5, -150);
  3.     myCheckButton_GlobalNameText:SetText("1");
  4.     myCheckButton.tooltip = "1 Health.";

Using this code I can create the checkbutton, but the click-range on it is really distant...What I mean is that I can click to activate the button from an inch away on the screen. This basically means that I can't put a second check button beside this one because it sits in the zone that clicks the first button...hopefully I'm being clear.

Thanks again. Sorry for being a pain.
10-09-15, 12:06 PM   #2
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can try something like myCheckButton:SetHitRectInsets(0,0,0,0) to adjust its hitbox.
10-10-15, 02:09 AM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ChatConfigCheckButtonTemplate and other Blizzard checkbox templates include a wide clickable area to the right of the checkbox where the label text would normally sit. Your label text is only one letter, but the templates are designed for the longer phrases used in the Blizzard option panels.

The function Semlar posted will reset the clickable area to just the size of the checkbox.

Also, I don't know how real the code you posted is, but you should make your "myCheckButton" variable local there, by sticking a "local" keyword in front of the first line. Otherwise, you're not only creating a global named "myCheckButton_GlobalName" (which is good for example code, not so good for real code; if you need to give your frames global names, give them names that identify the addon they belong to, like "ChanceboonsAddon_CheckButton") but also another global named "myCheckButton" that points to the same object.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Another hopefully stupid one