01-11-06, 12:46 AM   #1
Falkonn00
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
DAB Keybindings not saving after logout.

I have used DAB for a while now. Keybindings have always saved from logout to login. Pre-1.9 I used myBindings to have different keybinding sets per character, however that is not necessary now apparently.

I totally re-did my button groups and commands with DAB 3.0 -- all settings inside DAB save, however keybindings set through the default UI keybindings menu do not save from logout to the next login.

I've tried to set them with only DAB activated in my addons, tried setting them for character specific, and not char-specific with the same result.

I also started with a completely clean (deleted WTF, WDB, and Interface folders), copied DAB, DUF, DART, DFM, DMiniInv, DMiniSpellB, and GB. Same problem still.

No error messages are present.

Only option I've seen in the DAB box that deals with keybindings is in Misc Options the "Auto-configure Keybindings When Changing Bar Layouts" check box, and toggling this seems to have no effect on the saving of keybindings thru a logout.

On a different note, why do the DAB, DART Options, DFM, DMI, DMS and GB still show as "outdated" when they have been updated after the 1.9 patch?

Thanks in advance for help with this.
01-12-06, 04:44 PM   #2
jkw
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Falkonn00
I have used DAB for a while now. Keybindings have always saved from logout to login. Pre-1.9 I used myBindings to have different keybinding sets per character, however that is not necessary now apparently.

I totally re-did my button groups and commands with DAB 3.0 -- all settings inside DAB save, however keybindings set through the default UI keybindings menu do not save from logout to the next login.

I've tried to set them with only DAB activated in my addons, tried setting them for character specific, and not char-specific with the same result.

I also started with a completely clean (deleted WTF, WDB, and Interface folders), copied DAB, DUF, DART, DFM, DMiniInv, DMiniSpellB, and GB. Same problem still.

No error messages are present.

Only option I've seen in the DAB box that deals with keybindings is in Misc Options the "Auto-configure Keybindings When Changing Bar Layouts" check box, and toggling this seems to have no effect on the saving of keybindings thru a logout.

On a different note, why do the DAB, DART Options, DFM, DMI, DMS and GB still show as "outdated" when they have been updated after the 1.9 patch?

Thanks in advance for help with this.
I'd really like to know what's wrong to.
I've done the same as you, with the same results.
So everytime i login i have to rebind: 1-9, Q, E, A-1 - A-4, S-1 - S-4, F1 - F12 and all Numpad numbers. Feels quite frustrating. ;(
01-12-06, 04:55 PM   #3
Dwittle
A Kobold Labourer

I have the same problem.

I also get an error when shapeshifting and/or stealthing. It will change pages but dispaly an error message after.
*edit: nm, found it was a Ctmod bars conflicted, my bad.

The Discordmods site is down too.

*edit2: imanewb, found the new site...
...problem #1 remains.

Last edited by Dwittle : 01-12-06 at 07:00 PM.
01-13-06, 12:37 AM   #4
Falkonn00
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I've been messing around with the DAB settings for about 4 days now and nothing helps. I have no idea how to fix this, and it only happens when any of the Discord Mods are activated.
Deleting the WDF, WDB, and Interface folders and entering WoW with only the basic setup allows me to save keybindings. With only DAB loaded in the Interface folder it still does not let me save keybindings through a logout.

I did some more fiddling, and if I set keybindings before installing DAB, it saves them until I change the bindings to a DAB specific key (bar 1, etc). Then it deletes the keybinding completely, not even restoring it to the original action from before installing DAB.

I would really appreciate help on this, and it is comforting (though unfortunate) to know I'm not the only one with this problem.

edit- I also noticed other mods settings will not save (ie MiniGroup frames mod does not save scale of frames, etc various options)

Last edited by Falkonn00 : 01-13-06 at 01:11 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » DAB Keybindings not saving after logout.