05-26-13, 05:05 PM   #1
Mallice
A Defias Bandit
[5.3.0-Alpha] UI Issues

Greetings and thank you for your continued work on Carbonite.

I signed up because I wanted to help with testing and bug reporting. I like the new configuration within the options/add-ons panel now. So far it works fine for me with a couple glitches that are probably cosmetic.

The icon sizes for mining/herb nodes as well as notes are incredibly small for me. Is there a way to make them larger on the map screen? I had also gotten very used to seeing the nodes glow/blink when I flew over them. Is there a way to re-enable this?

The little mini-map gets hidden behind the main map to where it doesn't show at all even when combined with the default mini-map. Is there a way to have it always show on top of whatever window it's on? I think this has been an issue for some time but I wanted to address it. A simple /reload will fix this.

Last edited by Mallice : 05-26-13 at 06:14 PM.

05-26-13, 08:31 PM   #2
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mallice View Post
The icon sizes for mining/herb nodes as well as notes are incredibly small for me. Is there a way to make them larger on the map screen? I had also gotten very used to seeing the nodes glow/blink when I flew over them. Is there a way to re-enable this?
For me, the nodes DO glow/blink.. Not sure if something's gone wrong with your Carb or you just are not seeing it properly. I think the glow/blink is not controlled by Carb.. I could be wrong though.
I prefer the icon size as it is now... It's much better than the large icons taking all the screen up... The icons get bigger when you use the routing built in to Carb... (it seems that way for me)

Originally Posted by Mallice View Post
The little mini-map gets hidden behind the main map to where it doesn't show at all even when combined with the default mini-map. Is there a way to have it always show on top of whatever window it's on? I think this has been an issue for some time but I wanted to address it. A simple /reload will fix this.
Do you think you could reproduce the problem and take some screenshots? It'll help Rythal greatly...

05-26-13, 08:55 PM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
There's an option for glow/blink under minimap, by default it's off since it sometimes causes other icons to flicker.

for size, right click the map, select scale, and adjust the icon scale.

05-26-13, 09:02 PM   #4
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yup... I was wrong.. Lol

05-30-13, 03:21 PM   #5
Mallice
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for pointing me to those settings. If I had been thorough and actually read what was on the screen, I would have figured it out for myself. The wording may be a little on the cryptic side though as it wasn't immediately obvious to me, but thank you none the less. 5.3.0a1 has been working fine for me for the last few days in and out of instances and raids. I haven't seen any of the annoying errors pop up except I have noticed the slight delay in which Carbonite loads and refreshes data.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » [5.3.0-Alpha] UI Issues