01-10-06, 11:41 AM   #1
DieSquid
A Defias Bandit
Problem with pages switching

I play two characters that make use of page switching (rogue and druid) when changing forms and have noticed several problems with how the pages switch. I've noticed in several cases (mainly with my druid as I'm in animal forms longer than stealthed) that the page will switch back to the page for my human form buttons without my changing form. One case is when I bring up the world map. When I close the map the action bar will be back on page 1 (human form actions). Also, if I log out in animal form, when I log back in the action bar will be on page 1 even though I'm in animal form.

If I move an action or add an an action to the bar, it always reverts to page 1 afterwards. I've noticed this as well when I stay in human form and scroll up to another page to modify the actions.

My workaround is to scroll back to the page I want, but it can be annoying when the page reverts and I don't notice it until the middle of combat.

Two other possible problems I've encountered are that I can't seem to modify the size of the font used with the cooldown. I played with all the available fonts and tried different sizes, but the cooldown text always stayed the same size.

Last of all, when I recently upgraded sinister strike, I lost my sinister strike key, it just dropped of the bar and I had to add the upgrade myself. I don't remember this happening with the other skill upgrades that I did at the same time.

Is there an updated readme available anywhere? The one on the new site seems to be referring to the previous version.
http://angular.lunarpages.com/~disco...AB&page=readme

Overall good job on the mod!
01-10-06, 03:39 PM   #2
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'd say disable all other mods and see if the page changing problem goes away. I'm currently playing a druid as my main and haven't seen the page change inappropriately yet. Bar 1's page is hardwired to change whenever anything tries to change the page on the default UI's action bar.

I have the problem also of bar's changing pages when dropping a new action on them. Looking into it.

Remember to hit enter after typing in the new font size just like all other editboxes in every Discord mod.

I've heard of another mod causing the issue you described with Sinister Strike but I don't remember what it was.

No updated readme yet. Still have a major change to 3.0 coming before I write it.
01-11-06, 11:33 AM   #3
DieSquid
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the fast reply. I disabled everything but the three discord mods (DAB, options and library) and saw the same behavior with the page switching. If I brought up the worldmap, when I closed it I was back on page 1.

I also found a new problem. When I was in bear form and the bar switched (either from the map or adding a hotkey to the bear page) my button for shifting into bear form was disabled. It wouldn't trigger either by pressing the associated hotkey or by clicking the button with the mouse. I didn't notice a problem with any other buttons. Logging out/in seemed to fix it, although there was one time when I had to log twice to get it to work again.

Let me know if there is any other info about my setup that would help diagnose the problems.

Thanks for the info on hitting enter after editing text boxes. That allowed me to scale the font.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Problem with pages switching