01-10-06, 12:26 AM   #1
tarkayn
A Defias Bandit
Problems with DAB 3.0

EDIT: I stumbled upon another thread which mentioned problems when using DAB in conjunction with SuperMacro. After disabling SuperMacro, DAB is working great, so if you're experiencing any of the problems below and you're using SuperMacro, try disabling it. Hopefully one of the two mod authors can determine the conflict.

ORIGINAL POST BELOW
============================================

I've totally cleared my Interface and SavedVariables folder many times and from a clean start, I can't get DAB 3.0 to work.

Here's what I get when I try to open the DAB Options window:

and when I click on anything I get:

At random times, I also get this error:

I disable DAB, and the error above goes away. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do to get it working. Any suggestions welcome.

Last edited by tarkayn : 01-10-06 at 03:48 AM.
01-10-06, 12:46 AM   #2
Invanill
A Murloc Raider
Try deleting your FrameXML folder. Make a backup of it first just in case.
01-10-06, 12:55 AM   #3
tarkayn
A Defias Bandit
Already deleted. My entire interface and savedvariables folders were deleted. This is from a totally fresh start of the WDB/WTF/Interface folders. That's why I can't figure out the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.
01-11-06, 09:13 PM   #4
Azzix
A Kobold Labourer
I'm having the same problem, I configured everything on my mage on boulderfist, and it gave me zero trouble. The moment I switched servers DAB gave me a huge error with the library that it comes bundled with, which I found is in direct control of the storage for my settings. DAB used to allow me to construct my bars, save them and then load them on any new characters I needed to, no problem. Now, like I said, I get countless errors along with the DAB menu being an empty window with a background. It does not allow me to set keybindings, move bars, absoulutely nothing. And to make things worse I changed back to my mage and all the settings were... Corrupt is the closest term I can think of.

I can't do anything without my bars setup most of you know how it is, I have aobut 10,000 buttons that I NEED to use. If it means anything I am using it in replacement of Insomniax BibBars. But thats never given me a problem.
01-11-06, 10:33 PM   #5
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Can't help without an error message. What's the very first error you get upon logging in?
01-11-06, 10:56 PM   #6
SurfaceTension
A Kobold Labourer
I have a similar problem. I traced the problem and commented some lines out (I know where they are so I can uncomment them if need be). One of them is the this:SetChecked(0) call in DAB_ActionButton_UpdateStatus(), another is getglobal(this:GetName().."_CooldownCount"):SetText("") in DAB_ActionButton_UpdateCooldown() and getglobal(this:GetName().."_Flash"):Hide() in DAB_ActionButton_StopFlash(). Looks like my Flashing/Highlight data is corrupted or something. I couldn't find SetChecked() at all. I'm not sure if that's a base UI method or not.

I have some programming background. I'm not terribly familiar with WoW's UI scripting and I'm new to Lua. I actually have it running now, but when I click on stuff, it gets a yellow highlight or glow around it like it does when I normally click on it, however the yellow border remains long after I've clicked. I know this is from my commenting.

Is there anything I can try to fix it and uncomment the border code? Thanks in advance!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Problems with DAB 3.0