06-17-07, 01:18 AM   #1
zuriel
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
alts

For some reason only my main (the first character i set up mazzle up on) accually works. The other charcters won't get the UI set up, so at this point all my other characters are unplayable.
06-17-07, 04:36 AM   #2
stec
A Cliff Giant
have you gone through the mazzificatiopn process for all your chars, and chosen full instalation for them all too?
06-17-07, 07:26 AM   #3
BloodEagle
A Theradrim Guardian
My wife and I made a set of BloodElf alts this morning, and for some reason the Mazzlefier will not function.(we have all the updates and fixes)

You can go through the setup process, but after you click Mazzlefy me, it just sits there, and does not progress to pushing the buton on her box.

What we communicate is as important as How we communicate.

06-17-07, 10:10 AM   #4
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by BloodEagle
My wife and I made a set of BloodElf alts this morning, and for some reason the Mazzlefier will not function.(we have all the updates and fixes)

You can go through the setup process, but after you click Mazzlefy me, it just sits there, and does not progress to pushing the buton on her box.
There was one instance that when I completely Mazzify (i.e. click on the Mazzify Me button), the other button didn't appear that causes me to do /reloadui. After that /reloadui, all was ok except for the trinket menu and the autobar.

Somebody mentioned that I should remove the non-MazzleUI addon. I did so and then the 2nd button after Mazzify Me appeared which caused a reload of the UI. Afterwards, all was fine including the Autobar and Trinket menu.

That was the past.

I've long since updated, but, I thought I'd mention some of my previous experiences.

Also, even after the latest updates (and I update regularly now with the WoWAceUpdater), if I CREATE A NEW alt. I find that I must LOG OFF first and then log back in with the character and do a COMPLETE MAZZIFICATION and things will be ok after then.

So, I recommend removing any non-MazzleUI addons and after creating a new alt, log off first.
06-17-07, 11:06 AM   #5
zuriel
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yes i did mazzify my other characters, compelte installation. I get through the entire thing, including both buttons, problem is nothing appears. My mini-map moves to the bottom and becomes a square but it still has all the old icons, and everything else at the bottom basicly vanishes. I do however get the little pictures for myself/target, except its just the stats, not the pictures.
06-17-07, 12:08 PM   #6
Ringleron
Updating MazzleUI

There must be something that is causing the problem.

Here is what I did to get my MazzleUI updated.

1) RENAME your WTF and Interface folders to WTFOld and InterfaceOLD (i.e. backup the folders). If you have a Fonts folder, rename that one too to FontsOLD.
2) Run WoW and setup your Video Interface to the way you want it.
3) This would have created the new WTF and Interface folders.
4) Get the !!StandaloneLibraries from files.wowace.com and place it in the Interface/Addons folder.
5) Run the Install.bat in the !!StandaloneLibraries folder. This batch file would move the library folders up one level to Interface\Addon folder.
6) Download the MazzleUI 1.01 from the download area.
7) Copy the folders into the Interface\Addons folder. Answer NO to overwritng prompt. There is no NO TO ALL button, but the windows trick is to hold the SHIFT key while pressing NO or you can click no numerous times.

At this stage, you'll have all of the MazzleUI addons plus any of the libraries from the !!StandaloneLibraries folder.

8) Download the WoWAceUpdater (sorry forgot the link). Note you'll have to have the .NET Framework installed in order for the application to run. See the ReadMe file that came with WoWAceUpdater.
9) Extract the files to a folder and then run WoWAceUpdater.
10) In the Edit menu, select the Installed Addons or hit F4.
11) In the File menu, select Install/Update marked addons without externals.

WoWAceUpdater will update your current addons.

12) Go to the MazzleUI download and download the QuickFix.
13) Extract the folders into the Interface\Addons folder. Answer YES to overwrite (as you will now apply MazzleFizz's quick fix to the Mazzifier and Bongos).

At this stage, you'll have the MazzleUI addons and ace libraries updated as well as the WoWAceUpdater installed.

Do not add any other addons yet.

Login to the game and check out your characters and COMPLETE Mazzify the characters that "don't look right".

I'm hoping that all will be normal at this stage, as:
a) You've resetting your SavedVariables.
b) You're updated all of the addons and libraries.
c) You haven't added any other non-MazzleUI addons (except for the other libraries of Ace)

You probably should also update the non-Ace addons (search for "non-Ace" for the thread).

Now, if you have any non-MazzleUI addon, add them individually and find out which one caused the problem.
06-17-07, 02:24 PM   #7
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by BloodEagle

I don't know how many threads I have to repeat this in, and it's in the FAQ. If you don't get the second button, you got an error when it was configuring things. You'd need to report what the error is.
06-17-07, 03:12 PM   #8
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Also, you can not mazzify as soon as you make a character.
You have to log out of that character and log back into it
before you can Mazzify it.
06-17-07, 03:47 PM   #9
zuriel
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Sigh, okay this isn't worth it. How do i uninstall mazzle, because when i've tried just deleted all the addons from interface my entire old blizzard interface, no matter the size i made it via video options, is wayyyy to small, so how do i just reset the entire UI back to the old blizzard without any changes having been made?
06-17-07, 04:03 PM   #10
stec
A Cliff Giant
Did you back up you old Interface and WTF files if you did delete all new ones mazzle created, and re-instate them.

If not delete your current WTF and interface and the font file, then start the game and wow will create new ones.

As for not being worth it, if you dont put the effort in to try and work things out, then you shouldnt try things in the first place, mazzle has made the UI which is so damn easy to setup. if you have a problem look for the answer dont post and expect it to be sorted straight away. What would suite you? mazzle coming to your home and installing it for you?

Sorry for the rant but its annoying when people spend so much time making things to enhance our game play in wow, and people cant be arsed spending a little time trying to sort out any issues they have.
06-17-07, 06:08 PM   #11
zuriel
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i've spent a good 5 hours working with mazzle to try to figure out what has gone wrong where. I figured that since the blizzard model was working for me before mazzle, it probalby isn't worth the effort to continue to wrestle with the program.
06-17-07, 08:03 PM   #12
Ringleron
Originally Posted by zuriel
i've spent a good 5 hours working with mazzle to try to figure out what has gone wrong where. I figured that since the blizzard model was working for me before mazzle, it probalby isn't worth the effort to continue to wrestle with the program.
"Isn't worth the effort to continue to wrestle with the program."

/sigh.

I've pointed out about how when I add a non-MazzleUI addon, the 2nd button to "finish the program" doesn't work (Fishing Buddy was the non-MazzleUI in my case).

People have been saying about deleting/removing stuff from the SavedVariables. Since the folder was renamed (i.e. WTF to WTFOld) it is effectively deleting/removing the SavedVariables.

I've elaborately did a step by step to update the UI (in this thread no doubt) to help reset/update the addon and the Ace libraries via WoWAceUpdater.

I've also pointed that I notice that when creating a new character, you would have to log off FIRST before Mazzifying a character.

Lastly, while I didn't spend 5 hours updating my Addons and I'm sure MazzleFizz spent MORE THAN 5 hours to compile this wonderful addon.

I'm disappointed that you gave so soon.

Well, so be it then. Good luck in compiling your own addons.
06-18-07, 12:16 AM   #13
zuriel
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm not angry at you, it was great that you posted the step by step guide, i was more aggravated at the idiot who was basicly telling me i shouldn't have downloaded the addon in teh first place. Its just that i realized the effort involved in the UI wasn't worth it at that point when the old blizzard UI was working just fine.
06-18-07, 05:04 AM   #14
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Okay, negativity helps no one here. This is more than likely just a crazy error thats gotten outa hand.

1.) Did you get the patched download for MazzleUI (just has bongos and mazzleui folder in it)?
2.) Did you try choosing upgrade install for the alts instead of full?
3.) Did you upgrade mazzleUI?
4.) If you did what and how did you update it?

Also if you want a completely full redo of it all deleting the WTF and Interface will return WoW to "Out of the Box" state.
06-18-07, 08:18 AM   #15
depotstu
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
If he wants to uninstall it lets help him do that. I agree with him that it can be a bit of a pain to get things working right. My main right now works almost flawlessly, the only thing wrong is when I hover over my minimap button for my map mod (it makes the map pop up while I hover over it) it flashes instead of staying up...this started when I started playing in windowed mode (I just setup a second monitor) other than that everything works perfect. My shaman alt how ever...has issues. I have no buttons among other things, all mods are updated and I installed the recently posted fix for the new patch and bongos, still, no action bars. I have not been able to play my shaman for days because of this. For me, Mazzle UI is worth the occasional problem...even though this is a pretty big problem, I am going to screw with it until it works because I love the UI so much. Many of us love this UI enough to do what ever it takes to get it to work, if he does not want to deal with it, lets help him get back to normal.

06-18-07, 10:43 AM   #16
Ringleron
Originally Posted by zuriel
so how do i just reset the entire UI back to the old blizzard without any changes having been made?
Originally Posted by airdragon
Also if you want a completely full redo of it all deleting the WTF and Interface will return WoW to "Out of the Box" state.
Additionally, don't forget the Fonts folder in \Program Files\World of Warcraft. Delete that folder too (if you have it - If you installed MazzleUI, that folder will exist) to return WoW to "Out of the Box" state.

And for the record, I have another computer that has an outdated MazzleUI and without WoWAceUpdater. I also have to get the .NET framework from the link in the ReadMe file of WoWAceUpdater as well as update the WoW patches.

I followed the steps I onlined on this thread from renaming the WTF and Interface folders to installing the addons/libraries/fixes and updating them with WoWAceUpdater. It took a while (about 1 hour) because of the downloading of the .NET framework, installing/updating, etc. I logged into the game, loaded up my Warrior and did a complete Mazzification. Both Mazzify Me button appeared as well as the 2nd "Finish the Program" button. After the reloading of the UI, IMHO, the UI is what I expected with Bongo buttons, Autobar, Trinket menu, ItemRack on the right side, etc.

I then logged off and loaded my Paladin and did a complete Mazzification on that character. No "visible" problems.

Were there "fatalities" (i.e. errors in bugsack)? Yes, there are some, but, it doesn't make the UI unusable (i.e. no Bongo buttons, missing/blank map at the bottom center).

I find it really odd that "Main" character have no problem, yet the "Alts" have problems.

WoW can enable and disable addons PER CHARACTER. Maybe the "Alt" character has an addon that is enabled that is causing "it to go bad".

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » alts