03-06-08, 10:04 AM   #1
ljudsnubbe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Cool Default unitframe

Hello!
I just love the default unitframes but want to be able to customise it to fit the coloring and look of the rest of my interface.
I´ve tested several diffrent unitframe-addons and have found solutions to 75% of my whishes but havnt found anyone that can do everything I want to do.
This is what I want:
-add elite/rare/skeleton to the portraits
-customise color of health- and manabar (+fading when loosing health/mana, also want to customise what color to fade to)
-customise color of border
-option to change facing of the portrait, left/right
-Show target health if possible (sync with mobhealth3), otherwise show %
-option to pick color of text on health & mana, + option to outline text

Would also be great to be able to move and scale the unitframes, especially target castbar and target buff/debuff-bar. An option to show 3D-portrait instead of 2D-portrait would also be fun.

Ok, quite a list but would be great is some smart person could help me with this, either by putting a new mod together or just pointing me int the right direction to already existing addons.

The thing I want the most is to be able to change the color of the healt- and manabars. And I DONT want to change to some ugly square hightec unitframe, I love the defaultframes!
03-06-08, 10:29 AM   #2
mozulo
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by ljudsnubbe View Post
Hello!
I just love the default unitframes but want to be able to customise it to fit the coloring and look of the rest of my interface.
I´ve tested several diffrent unitframe-addons and have found solutions to 75% of my whishes but havnt found anyone that can do everything I want to do.
This is what I want:
-add elite/rare/skeleton to the portraits
-customise color of health- and manabar (+fading when loosing health/mana, also want to customise what color to fade to)
-customise color of border
-option to change facing of the portrait, left/right
-Show target health if possible (sync with mobhealth3), otherwise show %
-option to pick color of text on health & mana, + option to outline text

Would also be great to be able to move and scale the unitframes, especially target castbar and target buff/debuff-bar. An option to show 3D-portrait instead of 2D-portrait would also be fun.

Ok, quite a list but would be great is some smart person could help me with this, either by putting a new mod together or just pointing me int the right direction to already existing addons.

The thing I want the most is to be able to change the color of the healt- and manabars. And I DONT want to change to some ugly square hightec unitframe, I love the defaultframes!
Pitbull can do all the changes you are wanting apart from -add elite/rare/skeleton to the portraits but you can use a colour to show you if it is a elite mob, check it out over at ACE's website.

03-06-08, 10:31 AM   #3
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by mozulo View Post
Pitbull can do all the changes you are wanting apart from -add elite/rare/skeleton to the portraits but you can use a colour to show you if it is a elite mob, check it out over at ACE's website.
Pitbull is not what the OP had mind, rather he want something that will not replace the default UFs, rather to enhance them.

To the OP, I have not seen any one mod that will do what you are asking, you will have to use a collection of mods to achieve the effect. Normally when people are going to mod the UFs, they just replace them with different UFs as the default are a bit inflexible.

There are some things you can do such as changing the frame graphic (the silver/gold dragon), displaying target HP (via MobInfo2 or MobHealth3 plus the Blizz UF plugin), however I suspect you know about those mods.

I have not seen any mod that changes the color of the Health bar based on amount of HP (usually that is the province of a UF replacement mod), the only bar color changing I have seen for the default UFs is for class coloring. You can also change the bar textures as well. Again these are all done by seperate mods, there is no giant do it all mod.

Last edited by Zyonin : 03-06-08 at 10:36 AM.
03-06-08, 10:34 AM   #4
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by mozulo View Post
and its Ace not ACE.
03-06-08, 10:40 AM   #5
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by Slakah View Post
and its Ace not ACE.
Yah I missed that bit, usually when I see ACE, I think of a fruit juice blend sold in the local supermarkets (Italy) or Seerah's sig on the WoWAce forums:
ACE = "Accidental CAPS-lock Error" (-Dameek)
03-06-08, 10:41 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yeah, that's something witty Dameek wrote that I liked.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-06-08, 11:50 AM   #7
mozulo
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Slakah View Post
and its Ace not ACE.
Well i will carry on using ACE not Ace. your point to you post is?

Last edited by mozulo : 03-06-08 at 11:52 AM.
03-06-08, 12:40 PM   #8
ljudsnubbe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Default colors

I have been using a addon called CLEANPLAYERFRAME, this changes the default HP-bar to change from green to yellow to red when loosing HP. But is there a way to modify the colors it uses?

This is the colors I want:
100% HP= 50% red, 0% green, 80% blue
50% HP= 50% red, 0% green, 50% blue
0% HP= 50% red, 0% green, 20% blue

This would pretty much do it!

Last edited by ljudsnubbe : 03-06-08 at 01:05 PM.
03-06-08, 02:55 PM   #9
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by ljudsnubbe View Post
I have been using a addon called CLEANPLAYERFRAME, this changes the default HP-bar to change from green to yellow to red when loosing HP. But is there a way to modify the colors it uses?

This is the colors I want:
100% HP= 50% red, 0% green, 80% blue
50% HP= 50% red, 0% green, 50% blue
0% HP= 50% red, 0% green, 20% blue

This would pretty much do it!
It appears it would be possible however some coding is involved.
03-06-08, 04:14 PM   #10
ljudsnubbe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Smile great!

Ok, who can help me with the coding? =) I have zero lua-knowledge..

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Default unitframe