04-24-09, 02:40 PM   #1
Luciant
A Cyclonian

Grouping addons?

i was wondering if there will be a way for the new addon manager to group addons together to make them like a suite-- what i mean by this is, say for example i want to install one of the many 'compilations & suites' that are on the website. Will the updater, after the compilation is installed, be able to recognize the whole suite as one addon and be able to update it whenever the compilation is updated or will it simply just recognize all the addons from the suite separately and update them separately.

I ask because sometimes when the latter occurs it can break the compilation or sometimes one of the addons in the compilation might not even be on wowinterface by itself, other than being in the suite, and as such would not receive updates if there were any.
04-24-09, 03:19 PM   #2
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is actually a good idea, however at this point it was an intentional design decision to leave compilations out of the list of addons it searches through. This is a good feature, but it won't be ready for beta. Perhaps after the initial release I will implement this.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
04-24-09, 03:29 PM   #3
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

This acutally sounds like a good idea for an optional module. That way if someone does not want compilation support, they don't have to bother download that bit of code.
04-24-09, 03:42 PM   #4
Luciant
A Cyclonian

yay i submitted i good idea ^_^ cool, I wasnt expecting it would be something ready for a beta, heck i didnt even expect the idea to be taken seriously quite frankly...
but if it does eventually make it into the final program then that would be awesome.

Originally Posted by Shirik View Post
This is actually a good idea, however at this point it was an intentional design decision to leave compilations out of the list of addons it searches through. This is a good feature, but it won't be ready for beta. Perhaps after the initial release I will implement this.
04-24-09, 10:32 PM   #5
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Lykofos View Post
This acutally sounds like a good idea for an optional module. That way if someone does not want compilation support, they don't have to bother download that bit of code.
I do have to echo this point. If a module were created to do this, it certainly wouldn't conflict with the current WoWI one.

However due to the restrictions on WoWI, I may have to make the module myself
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
04-24-09, 10:33 PM   #6
Luciant
A Cyclonian

Or just have it be a feature in the program that is by defualt off and simply turned on in an options menu (if there is an options menu)

Originally Posted by Shirik View Post
I do have to echo this point. If a module were created to do this, it certainly wouldn't conflict with the current WoWI one.

However due to the restrictions on WoWI, I may have to make the module myself

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Grouping addons?