04-28-09, 05:19 AM   #1
Ross
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Updating.

Sry if this was asked I searched a couple topics and didn't find the answer but I noticed back when I used the Ace updated (Forgot the correct name) and Curse (I think) that the both would conflict with each other on certain addons that both thought they needed updated. One would update it and the other wouldn't recognize that version and say it needed updated and so on.

Was wondering if there is something that would prevent this updater and curses from doing this update loop.

I would love to use just one updater but unfortunately this site and curse have addons that one has but the other doesn't.

Thanks,
04-28-09, 08:03 AM   #2
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For the WoWI module, once an update is installed, it is assumed to be at that version, regardless of changes made. This may not be the best approach, but it's the one that was chosen. Accordingly, this "update loop" won't happen, however it's very possible other clients will downgrade the addon and Minion won't notice.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
04-28-09, 09:27 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If you would like to watch an addon with the Curse Client and not with the MMOUI Minion, then you would right-click the addon in Minion and select "Ignore". For vice versa, Curse also has an ignore feature, iirc....
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Updating.