02-21-11, 09:46 PM   #1
Quicken2k
A Defias Bandit
Character Gone?

Hi. I'm new. I searched the forums for this kind of problem but I didn't find it. I recently tried an addon called Nui+. Everything was fine for awhile but then all of a sudden my character disappeared I still see my Nui interface just no character. I exited WoW and restarted it and loaded my character and nothing changed. So I closed down WoW again and deleted WTF folder then ran WoW again and disabled all addons still the same. I'm now using the original UI and still down see my character. What else can I do?
02-21-11, 10:21 PM   #2
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Are you zoomed in to first person view?

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
02-21-11, 11:03 PM   #3
Quicken2k
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Are you zoomed in to first person view?
No the camera options were the first place I checked. I even selected to reset all options to default settings, it didn't help. Any other suggestions.?
02-22-11, 05:24 AM   #4
Akkorian
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First-person view isn’t a setting in the options window. It’s what happens when you zoom the camera in as far as it goes. By default, the camera zoom-in control is bound to MouseWheelUp, and the camera zoom-out control is bound to MouseWheelDown. Check in the Blizzard Key Binding UI to make sure you have a key bound to the zoom-out control, and then try using it to see if you were zoomed all the way in.

What might have happened was that the UI you downloaded bound a key to zoom in and you hit the key on accident, or the UI unbound something else that you had bound to the same key before, freeing up the key for its default function. For example, if you had a macro bound to your mouse wheel, the UI might have removed the key binding for that macro, and then the mouse wheel reverted to the camera zoom controls.
02-22-11, 07:13 AM   #5
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Additionally, you can try this script to change out of first person, just to be sure
Code:
/run SetView(5)
I'd also agree there must be something wrong with your keybindings
02-22-11, 11:41 AM   #6
Quicken2k
A Defias Bandit
Smile

Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
Additionally, you can try this script to change out of first person, just to be sure
Code:
/run SetView(5)
I'd also agree there must be something wrong with your keybindings
The SetView(5) fixed it thanks for all your help guys.
02-22-11, 06:17 PM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

FYI: You can use the "home" and "end" keys to zoom in / out. That's a default binding, and uses presets.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Character Gone?