12-22-14, 05:37 PM   #1
kc9718
A Murloc Raider

How to download?

With Carbonite Maps Module being the MAIN & showing up in the Addon folder as "Carbonite"...

Do you:

A.) download all the *other* modules (Quest, Social, etc.) to the Carbonite folder as 'sub-folders' under Carbonite,

*OR*

B.) download all the other modules to the Addon folder, like you do for any 'new' *separate* addon?
12-22-14, 05:43 PM   #2
R_OReilly
An Aku'mai Servant
The answer is (B). Curse client does the same.

Last edited by ircdirk : 12-27-14 at 04:40 AM.
12-22-14, 05:57 PM   #3
kc9718
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by R_OReilly View Post
The answer is (B). Curse client does the same.
Curse Client is what CAUSED me to ask my question in the first place... it installed them to the *Carbonite* folder, and all I got on starting game play was a whole herd of errors. Over the last couple of years, a few incidents like this have happened using the Curse Client. I normally manually install, but with several new Carbonite releases (modules, as I now know) I decided to let Curse Client do it on 'auto'. I figured I would just come and read the latest posts here, but found that all of the threads were recently archived, to clean the Forum up for all of the new posts on the new releases. Thought this would be a good 'first question' for many.
12-26-14, 08:57 AM   #4
R_OReilly
An Aku'mai Servant
Sorry for the delayed response. I'm a Carbonite user so the Devs may correct me if I'm wrong.

Prior to installing the pre-release version from Github I had used Curse to remove the old 5.4 version of Carbonite. I also checked directly to see that all the directories had been removed. Since I started with a pre-release 6.0 install that may be why Curse saw them and laid down the rest correctly. I did have to manually download/install the Warehouse module as it hadn't come up on Curse at the time.

Not sure if your situation is similar. I'd say manually uninstall then try again with Curse. If that doesn't do it then manually uninstall and install 6.0 in the separate folders and Curse should recognize them going forward.

As far as I know, the bulk of the archived threads had to do with the pre-release debug/test or 5.4 and below. The new forum layout was created for the 6.0 release.
12-26-14, 10:17 AM   #5
Crashpkbk
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by kc9718 View Post
Curse Client is what CAUSED me to ask my question in the first place... it installed them to the *Carbonite* folder, and all I got on starting game play was a whole herd of errors. Over the last couple of years, a few incidents like this have happened using the Curse Client. I normally manually install, but with several new Carbonite releases (modules, as I now know) I decided to let Curse Client do it on 'auto'. I figured I would just come and read the latest posts here, but found that all of the threads were recently archived, to clean the Forum up for all of the new posts on the new releases. Thought this would be a good 'first question' for many.
Where are you downloading and installing from? The link on the site or from GitHub?

Crash
12-27-14, 04:43 AM   #6
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If u use Curse client to download Live version and u did have older version (ie 5.2.5) u have to download all other modules also. Now Carbonite is separated to modules and Curse client when downloading main Carbonites Maps addon will delete all old Carbonite folders. So if u dont download all other Carbonite modules u will have only main Carbonite Maps module.
12-27-14, 04:52 AM   #7
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Hi have a look into this Sticky thread will rename it for better understanding

Carbonite since 6.0

Greetings Samyonair
12-27-14, 05:02 AM   #8
Kreelor
A Firelord

Miscellaneous Samples And Comments

Since there isn't a separate sub-forum named "Off Topic," or "Miscellaneous, I'll post this here. It can be deleted if it's not relevant.

First, I modified what is shown on Wowinterface's Carbonite addon page. Maybe new users would find it helpful (if it was there instead of the current one)?

Secondly, I'm wondering why Carbonite is using 2 distinctly different logos? Neither of them have a copyright notice ©.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Latest_Carbonite_Downloads.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	8391  Click image for larger version

Name:	Carbonite_Logo_Rythal.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	8392  Click image for larger version

Name:	Carbonite_Logo.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	8393  
12-27-14, 05:09 AM   #9
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
Since there isn't a separate sub-forum named "Off Topic," or "Miscellaneous, I'll post this here. It can be deleted if it's not relevant.
This is General Discussion so its a good place to post things like this.

First, I modified what is shown on Wowinterface's Carbonite addon page. Maybe new users would find it helpful (if it was there instead of the current one)?
Good job. It should be like this. So Rathal do your job

Secondly, I'm wondering why Carbonite is using 2 distinctly different logos? Neither of them have a copyright notice ©.
Ohhh i didnt saw that. Rythal should check it and make decision what to do with that.

Last edited by ircdirk : 12-27-14 at 05:33 AM.
12-27-14, 12:01 PM   #10
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
This is General Discussion so its a good place to post things like this.

Good job. It should be like this. So Rathal do your job

Ohhh i didnt saw that. Rythal should check it and make decision what to do with that.
I can't change how WoWI displays files. So I can't do any of the suggestions. But at the same time, it's not possible for someone to accidentally run one and wonder why it doesn't work since they are programmed in the .toc
## RequiredDeps: Carbonite

so you can't even enable it and if you try WoW tells you what is missing.

None of them will ever have a copyright notice because I can't copyright it, the copyright belongs to haavok and carbon based creations.
12-27-14, 04:51 PM   #11
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Rythal
....None of them will ever have a copyright notice because I can't copyright it, the copyright belongs to haavok and carbon based creations.
Rythal, if I'm not mistaken, it's not the word "Carbonite" being copyrighted -- it's the logo ARTWORK being copyrighted. As you know, there's also another company named Carbonite, and it has nothing to do with WoW. I was only pointing out discrepencies in the 2 different logos, etc. I don't care either way. Just tryin' to help. I like uniformity. Reduces confusion, most of the time.

And, by the way... what ever happened to the use of Carbonite II, which you chose as the new name for your new version a long time ago? Are you still waiting to use it only when an actual Release version becomes available? Just wondering.
12-27-14, 06:59 PM   #12
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
it's not possible for someone to accidentally run one and wonder why it doesn't work since they are programmed in the .toc
## RequiredDeps: Carbonite
I'm going to play devils advocate for a moment because I did do this...

I saw Carbonite was now modular. Everywhere I looked stated I only needed to install what I wanted to use. So I installed Carbonite_Quests only. I don't want the maps, social or anything else. Just the quest tracker and its functions. Loaded WoW and it didn't work. After some digging, which did include looking into the .toc, I found out it required Carbonite, which was no longer listed anywhere. It's now called Carbonite Maps, but nowhere was I told that.

I would suggest renaming the required dependencies to the current addon names.

* It looks like Carbonite Quests is the only module that doesn't say it's a plugin and that Carbonite Maps are required.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: General Discussion » How to download?