Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
03-05-07, 05:32 AM   #1
Bohemienne
A Kobold Labourer
Dual Logging Questions

Hi guys,

I have a 70 mage and a 70 priest, and have recently made my priest my main. As healbot spec for raids it's extremely difficult for me to solo-farm so I use my mage to farm gold, but as the priest is an enchanter, there are a number of world-drop BoP enchanting formulas that I would like to be able to farm up. Naturally the first idea I had come to mind would be to split the priest off to a separate account and discover the joys of dual-logging!

However I have a few questions first.... first and foremost I want to know if this is a bannable offense. Seeing as how the mage is Naxx-geared and the priest Karazhan-geared I would really prefer to avoid having either one perma-banned and want to make sure I stay well within the ToS and EULA.

Secondly, the idea I had for such a setup is thus:

I use MirageUI with TrinityBars currently. What I'm envisioning doing is creating a separate action bar, almost like a "pet" bar, on the mage that is full of nothing but macros for my most frequently used priest spells (PW:S, top-rank Renew, GHeal Rank 1 and 7, top-rank FHeal, Fade) and a "Follow" and "Stop Following" macro as well. I am curious if I can set up WhisperCast or a mod like it on the priest so that, by pressing, one of the "priest bar" buttons while in the window with the mage, she will whisper the priest or somehow otherwise feed the priest a trigger that will make the priest start casting, without requiring me to swap through different windows or interfere with either character's cast bar. Is this doable with WhisperCast or any other mod? Is this the sort of thing that would send a giant red flag to a GM? Would this qualify as "botting" and be a bannable offense?

I want to go about this the right way and I don't want to break EULA, but I would really like to be able to dual-log farm with my beloved toons. Any advice you all can give me would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Dual Logging Questions