Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
08-01-07, 10:32 AM   #3
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wild shots in the dark here:

amac = a Macintosh?
accont = your account?

If I'm right... we still don't have a clue what you are asking...

08-01-07, 10:37 AM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

I think i know whats going on here. Macs dont natively work with zip format since thats what most mods are packaged in. What your looking for is an extraction program called Stuffit expander availble from macupdate.com. to my knowledge its free software and will allow you to properly extract .zip formats on your mac without corrupting the files.

Then you just place them in the addons folder as normal and your good to go.

Had a guildmate with this same issue about 3 months ago. Being the geek that i am i looked in to it. After visiting several sites it seemed the overwheling issue was the extraction process. Apparently Stuffit expander is the best way to get it done.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
08-01-07, 10:40 AM   #5
Fizzbanne
Premium Member
Premium Member
Talking

xxx I have been playing on a Mac for a long time and have had little difficulties with any of the mods. If you are asking how to set up Adds on a mac and are refering to cpmpilations, simply follow the directions by the creators, they have always worked for me. I have used Ace, Mazzle and Mirage and they worked well with minimal need for modifications.
08-01-07, 10:42 AM   #6
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

That would make sense. I have heard of lots of confusion over file compression on Macs as well. Be aware that there are free and retail versions of StuffIt. I don't miss troubleshooting Macs in any way, shape, or form... *shudder*

08-01-07, 10:47 AM   #7
laxrocks
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by MidgetMage55
I think i know whats going on here. Macs dont natively work with zip format since thats what most mods are packaged in. What your looking for is an extraction program called Stuffit expander availble from macupdate.com. to my knowledge its free software and will allow you to properly extract .zip formats on your mac without corrupting the files.

Had a guildmate with this same issue about 3 months ago. Being the geek that i am i looked in to it. After visiting several sites it seemed the overwheling issue was the extraction process. Apparently Stuffit expander is the best way to get it done.
hey thats nice bout do i but it in the addons folder that i allways had or do i but then in the in that 1 mode

Last edited by laxrocks : 08-01-07 at 10:50 AM.
08-01-07, 10:48 AM   #8
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

i work part time with the geek squad from best buy so i had to take a crash course on macs. i mostly handle file issues so ive come across this alot. lol Having looked in to it for a guild mate turned out to be a decent idea since it would seem

And so far as i heard Fizz is right on the money. I havent really heard of any truly 'Mac specific" issues with mods. All the research i was able to dig up was purely the extraction process. Apparently some of the free ware ones floatng around out there are just hacks of PC software so they dont do it properly and end up messing up the files in the process.

To get them on your account you extract them to the addons folder. The post on mage pvp you tried to hijack (evil grin) has a link from Seerah on where the files go and so on.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 08-01-07 at 10:50 AM.
08-01-07, 10:54 AM   #9
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

That's true. All Mac users I have ever encountered use and swear by StuffIt. Geek Squad... lol.

Originally Posted by laxrocks
ty y but how do i get it on my accont
Are you asking how to download mods? How to download StuffIt? How to extract them or where to put them? Asking how to enable them in-game? We need more details, so we can help. Perhaps read the FAQ? It's on the left-hand side on the main page...

08-01-07, 10:54 AM   #10
laxrocks
A Murloc Raider
i work part time with the geek squad from best buy so i had to take a crash course on macs. i mostly handle file issues so ive come across this alot. lol Having looked in to it for a guild mate turned out to be a decent idea since it would seem

And so far as i heard Fizz is right on the money. I havent really heard of any truly 'Mac specific" issues with mods. All the research i was able to dig up was purely the extraction process. Apparently some of the free ware ones floatng around out there are just hacks of PC software so they dont do it properly and end up messing up the files in the process.

To get them on your account you extract them to the addons folder. The post on mage pvp you tried to hijack (evil grin) has a link from Seerah on where the files go and so on.
but do i put ti in the addons folder that i allways had owr the ather 1 in the 1 mod so then what
08-01-07, 10:57 AM   #11
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/faq.php?

This tells you all you need to know. Its the same link i referenced in the last post. We got past the technical issue and now its down to the basics. Im of the teach a man to fish philosophy so feel free to browse that thread and it should answer all your questions.

08-01-07, 11:00 AM   #12
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Yeah. Read the FAQ (ie. RTFM ) and then if your still stuck ask questions. Seerah made a good point. You're listed as an author with no mods, that doesn't know how to extract a file, and has trolled for the same help repeatedly. You have to help yourself first.

08-01-07, 11:55 AM   #13
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations

Actually, mac has its own zipper called something (which i dont remember) which comes buildt in from 10.3.9 and up, in other words it came at the end of the powerbook era
As for stuffit, well it sucks. I prefer to check up on free 3rd party options for zip/rar files and there are even some good freeware ones. sadly i haven't been using my mac in over a year now so i don't remember what they where called :/
08-01-07, 12:10 PM   #14
rpar01
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I ama proud MAC user and I have not had to download any special software to unzip anything. If it is a rar file then you will have to use unison or some similar software to unrar, for lack of a better term, stuffit expander works sometimes for me sometimes not. The big question is what os is he using. If it is os 9 than that is a whole other ballgame, but I don't think warcraft works for that operating system anyway.

As far as troubleshooting a MAC, it is a rare thing and in my case is always a very simple fix.

Cry Freedom
08-01-07, 01:30 PM   #15
laxrocks
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Gemini_II
That's true. All Mac users I have ever encountered use and swear by StuffIt. Geek Squad... lol.

Are you asking how to download mods? How to download StuffIt? How to extract them or where to put them? Asking how to enable them in-game? We need more details, so we can help. Perhaps read the FAQ? It's on the left-hand side on the main page...

how do get them on my accont
08-01-07, 01:38 PM   #16
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

i work part time with the geek squad from best buy so i had to take a crash course on macs. i mostly handle file issues so ive come across this alot. lol Having looked in to it for a guild mate turned out to be a decent idea since it would seem.
stop charging so much for something so easy.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
08-01-07, 01:50 PM   #17
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Gemini_II
Seerah made a good point. You're listed as an author with no mods, that doesn't know how to extract a file, and has trolled for the same help repeatedly. You have to help yourself first.
Gentlemen, I think we have a troll on our hands.... Gemini has noticed.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-01-07, 05:02 PM   #18
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
stop charging so much for something so easy.
Send in a customer comment to the website and so on. I dont make the rules. Its all literally handed down from the corporate office. Complaining to me wont do much lol

08-01-07, 05:50 PM   #19
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

Dude- your typing hurts my eyes. Do some research. Here are some instructions taken from the Curse website:

Installation Guide
  1. Exit "World of Warcraft" completely
  2. Download the mod you want to install
    • Make a folder on your desktop called "My Mods"
    • Save the .zip/.rar files to this folder.
    • If, when you try to download the file, it automatically "opens" it... you need to RIGHT click on the link and "save as..." or "Save Target As".
  3. Extract the file - commonly known as 'unzipping'
    Do this ONE FILE AT A TIME!
    • Windows
      • Windows XP a built in ZIP extractor. Double click on the file to open it, inside should be the file or folders needed. Copy these outside to the "My Mods" folder.
      • WinRAR: Right click the file, select "Extract Here"
      • WinZip: You MUST make sure the option to "Use Folder Names" is CHECKED or it will just extract the files and not make the proper folders how the Authors designed
    • Mac Users
      • StuffitExpander: Double click the archive to extract it to a folder in the current directory.
  4. Verify your WoW Installation Path
    That is where you are running WoW from and THAT is where you need to install your mods.
  5. Move to the Addon folder
    • Open your World of Warcraft folder. (default is C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\)
    • Go into the "Interface" folder.
    • Go into the "Addons" folder.
    • In a new window, open the "My Mods" folder.
    • The "My Mods" folder should have the "Addonname" folder in it.
    • Move the "Addonname" folder into the "Addons" folder
  6. Start World of Warcraft
  7. Make sure Addons are installed
    • At the Character Select screen, look in lower left corner for the "addons" button.
    • If button is there: make sure all the mods you installed are listed and make sure "load out of date addons" is checked.
    • If the button is NOT there: means you did not install the addons properly. Look at the above screenshots. Try repeating the steps or getting someone who knows more about computers than you do to help.
Sounds to me that they downloaded a mod that already has a directory structure, and already has an ADDONS folder inside the ZIP file.

Take the FILES and DIRECTORIES inside of the UI mods ADDONS folder and deposite them in the ADDONS folder in your Warcraft installation directory.

Good luck!

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » how do i get mods on amac and on my accont