02-20-11, 06:13 AM   #1
Ken_M
A Murloc Raider
Carbonite Gather Icons Missing

Seem to have lost my gather icons on the Carbonite map for herbs and mining. They were working earlier in the week. Tried: reloading Carbonite 4.034; importing locations; and resetting character settings.

02-20-11, 07:17 AM   #2
Feydakeen
A Murloc Raider
I am having the same issue....they just dissappeared while I was farming.

02-20-11, 05:50 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ken_M View Post
Seem to have lost my gather icons on the Carbonite map for herbs and mining. They were working earlier in the week. Tried: reloading Carbonite 4.034; importing locations; and resetting character settings.
Do they return if you start WoW with Carbonite as the ONLY enabled addon? If they do, then it is most likely another addon that is conflicting with Carbonite.

02-21-11, 05:20 PM   #4
Ken_M
A Murloc Raider
Missing gather icons

Tried shutting all other add-ons. Still missing icons.

02-21-11, 07:33 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Try right clicking the map and in the menu that pops up, choose "Show" and in the next menu make sure the items you want to .... well .... show, are checked.

02-22-11, 04:48 AM   #6
Ken_M
A Murloc Raider
The proper boxes are checked in the "show" listing.

02-22-11, 04:26 PM   #7
Marko63
A Kobold Labourer
My fishing nodes have disappeared also

02-23-11, 11:04 AM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Ken_M View Post
The proper boxes are checked in the "show" listing.
Alrighty then. In your original post, you mentioned you tried resetting your characters settings. If you used the "Reset" page in Carbonites options, that's fine. As far as it goes. However, if this is a "global" problem (IE: Happens for all characters), then try this:

If you are comfortable navigating around the files and folders of your computer: Go to "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" and delete / rename the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files. BE AWARE that this action will completely reset your Carbonite installation. Your Carbonite will look and act exactly like it was just installed. Those two files contain the set-up information and that is why it re-sets your Carbonite back to default.

It's not fun if you have more than a few characters (I have 32), but it is often the only way to fix a very persistent problem.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-23-11 at 05:06 PM.

02-27-11, 07:13 AM   #9
Ken_M
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the repsonses on this issue. Finally unistalled Carbonite and re-installed it. And yes I lost all my settings, BUT problem fixed.

02-28-11, 10:25 AM   #10
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm glad to hear you finally got your Carbonite back to normal. Happy questing!

03-03-11, 08:24 AM   #11
mattygizme
A Defias Bandit
Im having this same issue But mine is a little different..... It shows all herbs, but it only showed a little bit of copper or and a few tin and thats it... Im too dumb to naviagate the files though.... I did uninstall and redownload.. should that have worked?? thanks for a great product by the way!!!

03-03-11, 02:28 PM   #12
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by mattygizme View Post
Im having this same issue But mine is a little different..... It shows all herbs, but it only showed a little bit of copper or and a few tin and thats it... Im too dumb to naviagate the files though.... I did uninstall and redownload.. should that have worked?? thanks for a great product by the way!!!
Well, that depends on how you uninstalled Carbonite. It also depends on which zone, and sometimes what area of certain zones, you are seeing this in. Did you import the Carbonite node database? I think the databases are still incomplete, but they still give you plenty to track.

For the uninstalling part, if you don't delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files from "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" along with the Carbonite folders in your "WoW\Interface\AddOns" folder, then you have not completely uninstalled and reinstalled Carbonite. The two files in your "SavedVariables" folder contain the set up information, and the information about what Carbonite does for which of your characters. Deleting or renaming these two files completely resets Carbonite back to default settings for all of your characters. It can also solve most of the problems involving Carbonite acting weird. Please keep in mind that I am not advocating that you do this. What you are seeing may, indeed, be normal behavior for Carbonite in the zone (or part of the zone) that you are in. In your case doing this may, but more likely may not, make a difference to how many ore nodes (or any nodes, really) you are seeing.

That being said, I'm wondering how you uninstalled Carbonite. What I mean by that is this: If you used Minion to uninstall, you will still need to manually delete the two files I explained about. At least, I had to do that the last time I used Minion to uninstall an addon, and there haven't been any updates that I'm aware of since then. Not a knock on Minion, I use, and like, it. If you used the Curse Client to uninstall it, you should have gotten a pop up asking you if you also wanted to delete the SavedVariables. In that case, always choose yes if you are doing a complete reinstall, or are just getting rid of an unwanted addon.

If you deleted the Carbonite folders manually, it would seem to me that you are comfortable enough moving around the files on your computer to delete those two files manually. Well, at least now that you know about them and where they are located.

Aaaaand, thus ends the "text wall". Sorry.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 03-03-11 at 02:45 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Gather Icons Missing